“awesomness”

Ranked #61 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Chambersburg, Pa
“awesomness”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My 2 sisters and I planned a trip. My family and I have never stayed Bayside before. I am so glad we chose the Oceanic for our first experience. The staff is wonderful. Its like they were all family tip the end of the week. Our housekeeper bubbly Beverly was the friendliest housekeeper I ever met. The other lady (I forget her name SORRY) was just as friendly. The other guests we talked to had been coming for years. That says a lot they had nothing but good things to say. The only downfall was the ice machine was broke but the desk staff had it available when we mered it. We have been coming to OC for about 11 years and I cant see us ever going anywhere else after the Oceanic. Its close to everything. Thank you to the great OCEANIC staff. It was a pleasure and relaxing week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Asseteague island is right across the bay and it was awesome to awake il...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 days at the of august. This place is great. Great staff very friendly, free coffee all day free fruit and newspaper for breakfast and free passes to the pier. The view alone is enough of a reason to stay here everything else is just a bonus. Love all the beach chairs, charcoal grills, and hammocks, a lot of fun :) rooms were small but cozy.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ifallelsefails5
Hartford CT
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Recently came to MD to be in a wedding... from the wedding, we came to Oceanic motel to finish the week. Ended up part of the wedding party and the bride and groom showed up... The hotel was so accommodating, we couldn't have asked for a better "honeymoon" for our family!!! Depending on what you want to do, you won't even have to get back into your car if you don't have to. The pool overlooking the bay is awesome...

I see ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for us to EVER stay anywhere else, can't wait to book our next stay....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna B
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just had to write a review, i usually don't take the time. This is the first time I stayed in Oceanic and I loved it. Right near the fishing pier,(grandson's favorite part) and it is free to fish just rent the pole. Room was perfect Older but clean. Pool was nice.Motel is close to Inlet-water, tram,boardwalk,carnival everything you come to OC for. The Staff was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Angie is so sweet, she is willing to inform you of all activities going on and always has a smile. Bam-Bam was great he is the maitenance man I believe. It is not real fancy but it is nice and a great family place. This will be my motel of chioce from now on. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Hugs from VA. Karen B

Room Tip: some of the rooms are very small, but we had the communicating room, it sleeps 6
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen B
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Angie is a wonderful help. She is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure you have everything you need. Bev is a wonderful housekeeper. She has a great personalilty and is very personalable. Bev will make you smile anyway she can. I love having her as my housekeeper every year. Joyce is so nice. Always has a smile on her face. My overall time that Im there is great. I never wanna leave there and cant wait to return the next year! Thank you Oceanic staff for making our stay so enjoyable and fun!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ajones5708
Virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Where do I start? Ewww.
Dirty, rundown, needs to just be torn down and completely renovate the lot.
First off, $200 a night. Seriously? This motel is more like a "pay by the hour" motel you'd see in a movie. They get you because they make you pay upfront and then have a "no refund" policy. We had already paid a fortune and had no where else to stay so we were stuck.
The room was so gross we wouldn't even walk without shoes on, even wore flip flips in the bathroom. Bed linens were dirty, we had to have them change them. Towels were stained, some even had hard lumps stuck to them.
It is very old and rundown. Smells so heavily of Lysol, I had to use my inhaler for my asthma constantly.
They advertise free wi-fi. What they don't advertise is that you have to go out on the picnic table to get it!
The outlets are a fire hazard and definitely not up to code. One was actually burning hot, so we unplugged it.
Room air conditioner units that run constantly.
I just can't tell you enough how bad this is. I wonder why it has good reviews by people. I am amazed.
Anyway, don't hope that the bad reviews are just a few grumpy people. Trust me on this, listen to them- don't stay here. Look elsewhere.
The only good thing about it is the location. You can walk right to the boardwalk in two minutes. But I should have just slept in my car, it would have been better!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank DMH1416

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Westminster, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My experience was great! The room was clean and very roomy. The staff were friendly and informative of events and info about the town. The location is great, close to bus stop and inlet shopping, very short walk to the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends