Harrison Hall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$67
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
$74
$130
$117
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$104
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$287
$211
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$58
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$218
$170
HolidayInn.com
1,000 results
All reviewsfront porchrocking chairsbig porchan older hotellarge poolpeople watchpool bargreat poolthe location is perfectboard walklobbyboardwalkoceanmd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the Labor Day weekend 2013. We were with a very large group and someone else had booked the hotel. What I saw did not resemble in any way the pictures shown on the website! It was absolutely horrible. Rugs were old and dirty, Comforter and sheets were smelly and dingy. Air conditioner was so loud it kept me up all night. Bathroom was tiny and not clean (there was hair in the shower). There was mold at the top of the walls and at the grout lines. The halls were also covered with old, dirty carpeting. The public bathroom located in the lobby looked like it had not been washed in weeks! I went in on 3 separate occassions and it looked the same. If you are accustomed to staying at hotels like Embassy Suites or Marriott Courtyards DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. When we checked out, the front desk never even asked how our stay was or thank you! So much for hospitality!

Room Tip: All rooms looked horrible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Maria M
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm posting this for anyone thinking about booking what they list as the "very small room" because when I booked, I couldn't find anything on it.

As for the hotel in general, parking was fine and common for OC hotels. The wraparound porch and front room were very inviting, they make the hotel worth visiting. The restaurant doesn't serve breakfast but does a nice job with dinner. Unlike another poster, I loved the soap/shampoo in the bathroom. Not designer but Peach and reminded me of the old Fa soaps.
Location: I got sick of hiking up to the amusement area. The tram was never around when you wanted it so we did alot of walking. But, there were enough things by the hotel that you can get a drink while at the beach. The location on the beach was great!

So, the room was as small as they promised (but they give you fair warning?!) a bed takes up almost the entire room. There is fridge which serves as the nightstand and an armoire w a tv inside. They make good use of the space. The TV only had about 13 channels (2 were the same) and although they advertise HBO all over the place there isn't really HBO. It should have been channel 14- which was all snow.

The room did smell of mildew (a smell that did NOT go away with the air conditioner as a previous poster indicated). All of this would have been fine actually but the wallpaper in the bathroom was severely peeling up and the carpet also came away from the walls. Both revealed a dirty old space that made your imagination run wild. It wasn't the worst room I've stayed (but it wasn't far from it) but a little work would make it a room you would actually not mind staying in. They expect you to use the bedspread as a blanket (but will give you one if you ask).

I know you don't spend a lot of time in your room but I found myself avoiding returning to it.

A word on breakfast. If you want to leave early in the am to head home, many of the nearby places don't open till 8. But the courtyard at Marriott next door has a restaurant inside (Captains table, 3rd fl) that opens at 7. It's convenient and a good breakfast before getting out and on the road.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank PrincessFang
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The room on the 3rd floor was OK. The bathroom was very small. The door handle on the bathroom door was ready to fall off. the windows look out at the boardwalk / beach very dirty. The rest of the room was OK. The hallways and stairs need a good cleaning / shampooing . It was quicker to use the stairs than the elevator. The porch with the rockers was very nice. It was funny that the porch was not hosed down till Thursday night of early Friday morning. The hotel has coffee 24 / 7. not one night. I ask the young man at the counter and he said it is on its way ?? After 1hr the young man made coffee. The parking is very bad. The one side of the hotel is for public parking (not just for the hotel). The parking by the pool is only about 20 spots? other than that you have to park across the street in a big packing lot = 1/4 block.The best thing was the restaurant under the hotel Very Good.....

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor looks spooky
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

my husband and I left the Harrison Hall hotel today 8/30/2013after spending our 5 day vacation there. This has not been the first time we stay here, however this visit was not a good one. My room was extremely humid, my cloths and bed sheets felt very humid all the time, room smelled funny and the mattress is in need of a upgrade. Unfortunately on my last night there my husbands jacket went missing from the room, Overall, the staff are nice, however, we are very disappointed with the room,Sometimes you hate to complain and we put up with the humidity the first two nights, however we could not do it anymore, it was a very uncomfortable feeling being in the room. tHERE was not too much attention put into the fact that a jacket went missing, yes they took the description down and our number, but the fact remains that you stay somewhere and expect to be respected and feel that your belongings are safe, not one apology.....will never ever stay there again, also bathroom extremely small....

Room Tip: do not choose room on first floor, extremely humid. I have been there on second and third floors no problems.Hotel does need lots of uprades
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First, I will say that this is a true review from a real, down-to-earth family. We have a family of 5 (3 young children), my husband has his own, small business and we wanted an inexpensive weekend trip to Ocean City. We wanted a hotel that was directly on the boardwalk so that we could go to the beach and not feel like we had to take everything that we owned there for the day as you have to be prepared for anything when you have small children. We have recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Lancaster, PA and in comparing Harrison Hall to them, it's about 2 steps down on a rating scale - Holiday Inn Express being 10 and Harrison Hall being 8.

I'll start with the first impression: When you pull up you have to find a space near the hotel that allows you 20 min. to unload. We couldn't find one, but we quickly unloaded our luggage into one of the carts on the side of the road and then my husband parked the car in the parking space that was across the street behind the pool. Since we were on the boardwalk this really wasn't an issue because we didn't do anymore driving until we left to go home. The hallways need a new coat of brighter paint and their carpets shampooed or replaced as well as brighter lights. It seemed a bit dim. Keep in mind, however, that this is an older hotel. They have a neat brochure from the 50's framed in the lobby. The staff was very nice and the lobby is quaint and bright with a beautiful view of the ocean. The lobby has small tables and chairs as well as couches, microwave, coffee and hot water and fruit. To save money we brought our own instant oatmeal, bowls, and spoons and made that each morning. We sat at the tables and had a lovely, ocean-view breakfast each day. That was nice!

The room: We stayed on the 3rd floor and had a room that had been recently renovated. It was clean and the decor was nice. The mattresses could probably use an update. They were fine and the linens were clean, but they seemed a little hard. Overall, the room was great though. They could probably use an update to their air conditioners as well - they didn't seem to keep the room too cool, but opening the windows at night kept the room just right. The hotel seemed quiet and we all slept well.

The bathroom in the room: The bathrooms were very clean. They do provide handsoap in a dispenser on the wall and a shampoo/conditioner/body wash in a dispenser on the wall in the shower as well. They do not provide toothpaste, bar soap, or other toiletries that other hotels usually provide. Thankfully we had brought our own, so it wasn't an issue. Keep that in mind if you're counting on them providing that. It also does not have a vent in the bathroom, so after showers the room gets a bit humid.

The restaurant: We were pleasantly surprised at how much food you receive and how good it was! The pricing was reasonable too - we spent about $60 for all of us including tip. There were enough leftovers for lunch the next day. The fridge in the room works well and kept these cool for us.

The pool: The pool was beautiful, well-kept and a great way to get to swim with 3 small children. (We didn't let them go out too deep in the ocean.) There are tables, chairs and loungers around the pool. We ate our lunch one day poolside - it was lovely. Some of the umbrellas over the tables need to be replaced as they are broken, but most are in good condition. There is a small road/alley between the pool and the hotel. You have to remember to keep the little ones close at hand before charging out the door.

Checkout: They allow the guests who have checked out at 11am to stay in their parking lot, use the lobby, use the pool, and get a key to use the showers in the public bathrooms on the ground floor until 2:30pm. I thought this was very nice as we still wanted to enjoy the beach and pool after we had checked out. It seemed so nice to not be kicked out as soon as you're checked out. I was very impressed by that.

Overall - it was a great trip and experience. The hotel was not top-notch, but it was adequate for us to enjoy our weekend at the beach - clean and pleasant. We were able to have a weekend, family-of-five, mini-vacation for about $700 with hotels, gas, and food included. I'd say that was a good deal!

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room - there's probably a lovely breeze and view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family