“Great view, Great location, Great time!!!”

Princess Bayside Beach Hotel
Ranked #73 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Hotel is in a great location in Ocean City. Close to the convention center. Right on the bay, water was great. Withing walking distance to several dining and nightlife spots. Room service could have been a little better, did respond quickly when called. Overall, a great place if you are looking for a great time in Ocean City, MD.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank nyceguy1957
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Reviewed June 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed from Sat-Tuesday. Saturday evening we turned in early and woke up about 11pm with warm air blowing from the air conditioner. We called the front desk and they immediately sent up two gentlemen from maintenance. The guys removed ceiling tiles and climbed up into the ceiling and they along with my husband temporarily repaired the problem. The maintenance men said they would be back in the morning to "blow out the line" and the a/c would be running great then. They asked when would be a good time to return to blow out the line and we told them anytime between 11am - 3pm. That night about 3am we kept hearing drip, drip. The kitchen floor was wet with about 2 inches of water from water leaking from the ceiling tiles. We put a trash can out to catch the water and in the morning when we left, we called the front desk to tell them the a/c was leaking water out onto the floor and to let them know maintenance said they'd be back today to repair the line today. We asked that they tell the maid to give us a few extra towels because we used ours to absorb some of the water. When we returned from the beach, the water and trashcan mess had been cleaned up by housekeeping and everything seemed to be alright. That night the same thing happened, water leaking from the ceiling. We called the front desk the next morning and they said they would call and get the repairman out there. They offered to move us to another room, but my husband said it was an easy fix and it wasn't worth moving everything and to give them a chance to fix it. When we returned to our room the next afternoon, it seemed to be fine again with no leaks and the room was comfortable. We assumed it had been repaired. That night when we went to sleep, we woke up again with the dripping sounds. We called maintenance and said we would be out all day and asked if the repairman had been there. They didn't know. We again put the trash can out to catch the water. We left the next morning. When checking out, I mentioned that we didn't have such an enjoyable stay and the counter clerk, was quick and dismissive by announcing they offered multiple times to move us and we wouldn't be getting any refunds or discounts". I told her I though her tone was inappropriate and that I wasn't asking for any handouts, I was asking for some compassion and consideration of our inconveniences, that my husband assisted the repairman and we thought they were responsive and did offer to move us, but we thought we were being nice by giving them a chance to fix the problem. A little kindness and maybe acknowledging we are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience, or some kind words would be more than appropriate. Instead, the manager, Barbara came out and said she stood by her clerks decision. I told them that I would never stay there again and I thought that was a crappy way to treat their patrons. Also, when I was checking out a gentlemen remarked to his wife that we are checking out of this "[--]". He looked at me and said the water is brown. Also, a friend stayed there last March and told me they had no hot water for 3 days. I wish I would've known this before hand because I would've never stayed. These people should definetely not be in the hospitality business.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
pbsales, Administrative Assistant at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

The hotel encourages feedback from guests and makes every attempt to satisfy guests during their stay with us, we attempted to do so for this guest and certainly apologize that we were not able to meet their expectations.

In this case hotel staff responded immediately to the guests report of the malfunction in the air conditioning unit, it became clear to our Maintenance staff that the issues in the unit would require work that would disturb the guests in the room therefore the Front Desk staff offered to move this guest three times to another room. The guest refused the room move.

The hotel apologizes if any response from our staff seemed unsympathetic to the guests concerns, we feel that we reached out to this guest to improve thier stay, however we will review customer service with the staff involved.

Reviewed April 19, 2009

Despite the volume of customers, the staff at the Princess Bayside do a phenomenal job making you feel welcome and special.

We had a great stay and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank justj0e

Reviewed March 30, 2009

We stayed here the weekend of Feb. 28-Mar 1 for the Reach the Beach Cheer Nationals. We had a great time. The rooms were a good size and clean. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. Most of the staff were very nice and accommodating with our "enthusiastic" crowd! One waiter went out of his way to return a credit card I left behind. It was convenient to have Finnegan's right downstairs for food and drink. Would definitely stay here again. GO TIGERS!

• Stayed: February 2009
2  Thank MariaS22

The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel thanks you for your comments.
Your comments have been reviewed with the staff.

Reviewed March 8, 2009

My husband and I went down to Ocean City for a weekend get-a-way from our crazy hectic lives. We chose this hotel because we had stayed here before on the off season and did not have any issues; and the price was right. This particular weekend was like being in a college dorm again. As soon as all the bars let out at 2am, the drunks woke us up by running around the halls, yelling, slamming doors, and being obnoxious. We called the front desk and security was sent up, but as soon as security was gone...it started all over again. Needless to say, we did not sleep well. The staff was apologetic, but they only had one security guard on duty. The lack of help showed. As for the rest of the stay, the room was clean but the hotel itself was not as clean due to the drunks. It was subpar overall and what one would expect for the price. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend at the beach. Because of the hotel's location (right next to Secrets) I would only recommend it for those who are down there to party.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaggieMer
pbsales, Administrative Assistant at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2009

The hotel employs a 24 hour Security staff, when noise issues occur - as this guest states, Security staff is immediately sent to the area. Security staff issues a warning to the guest involved and makes it clear that they are subject to immediate eviction should there be a second complaint. Had this guest let the Front Desk know the noise continued Security would have enforced the eviction of those creating the disturbance. Our goal is to always maintain a family friendly and relaxed atmosphere for all guests.

Reviewed October 19, 2008

When booking the hotel, I specifically asked if they had cots for extra people. They never even asked or inquired how many people were staying in the room. After later asking for a cot, they said they would bring one up. Then finally calling a 3rd time we were informed that the hotel does not have cots and that they know that more then 2 people were staying in the room so they would charge us another $15--I am guessing it was for the blanket and pillow they brought up for one of us to sleep on the floor. And after bringing up a blanket and pillow a rude cleaning staff member and night manager stated that they knew more then 2 people staying in the room and that we were being dishonest. Please tell me why no one ever asked us if we had another person staying there during the 3 times I asked for a cot--DUH. Do they need a high school diploma to work there? Apparently not.

Also, room price included a pubic hair covered paper towel left from the previous guests.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
pbsales, Administrative Assistant at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2008

The hotel reservation staff does ask guests making reservations how many guests are staying in the room, however if this was missed our Front Desk check-in procedure requires the guest to sign a registration card listing how many guests are staying in the room. Our rates are based on double occupancy, 2 adults per room, there is an additional person charge of $15 per person per night.

This hotel has never offered cots therefore it would never have been offered to a guest. Upon discovering this guest had more than 2 in the room they were required to pay the extra person charge

Reviewed October 5, 2008

After reading all the reviews, i was very leary about staying at this hotel. Everything turned out great! The room was very clean, and the bathroom was decent. All the staff was very helpful and friendly. My advice though is to ask for a bayside room b/c the 1st room we had faced the street and it was very noisey. Finnigans was fun to hang out in, and the indoor pool was nice and clean. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank Crinklekut

The hotel thanks this guest for their positive comments.