“Best Time at Princess Bayside”

Princess Bayside Beach Hotel
Ranked #67 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Time at Princess Bayside”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had a nice and easy check in with Barbara at the Front Desk, she was very professional, also later Kara at the Front Desk was nice and helpful.

I noticed how bright and clean the hallways were as I went to my room. I stayed in the bayfront efficiency room which I found to be perfectly clean, I think Housekeeping does a great job at this hotel. The room was supplied with everything I needed, loved having the full size refrigerator. It was really hot when we were there but room was really cool, AC was powerful.

The room has a view of the bay and looks over the hotel's beach...I can see why people choose to have weddings on this beach, it has palm trees and flowering plants and seems like a perfect wedding site.

I was surprised at how content we were just to stay around the hotel, there was so much to do that the idea of getting in the car and in traffic was unappealing. With the beach, the 2 pools and water sports plus being able to walk to the ocean and Seacrets there is no need to get in the car during your stay.

Had the best time and recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Bentamb
, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
The front desk staff thanks you for your kind comments. The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel staff is pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Your basic average beach hotel in Maryland. The efficiency room was fine, fully equipped, but nothing special. Not the cleanest place, I am a little afraid to walk barefoot, but I have to confess, that's been true in hotels far nicer than this one. Service was fine - not rude front desk at all, actually quite friendly. Older hotel, very little lighting in bathroom, super loud AC, but ocean city isn't really a luxury destination.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SmashedAvo
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next stay.
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Omg...the staff is excellent and very friendly!!!! I've been staying here for the past 5 years (holiday weekends) and will continue to stay! I always get the Bayside Efficiency room and its worth the extra money for the view of the bay and the sunsets. Another plus is, thats its around the corner from Seacrets :). Rooms are average but very clean. Anytime I ever needed anything the staff was always there immediately to accommodate me! The rooftop pool was very impressive and clean as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kim K
I will pass your kind comments on to our staff. Please return soon and thank you.
St. Michaels, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have stayed at many hotels in Ocean City over the years for Firemen's Convention. This year we decided to stay Bayside and picked this hotel for convenience and price. Our hotel room (Bayside Efficiency) was exactly what I figured it would be. Most hotels have the same layout. The bathroom is definitely smaller than most shower/tub & toilet in one room with vanity & sink in another. Beds have tempurpedic mattresses which my husband fell in love with. The first night we realized very late in the night that there was no hot water. The next morning, still no change. Went to the front desk and by the time we returned, the problem had quickly been fixed and it seemed to work fine the rest of our stay. When checking in, the front desk person ( I believe her name was Kara) was very courteous and patient, as my 2 year old was having a mini meltdown and I couldn't find my credit card. The view is amazing in the morning and at sunset. The beach is smaller than what appears in the pictures, and half the beach seems to be taken up by boats for hourly rent. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and received good service from all parties involved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Yelloh24
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return for next years convention.
Valdez, Alaska
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were not exactly pleased with our stay at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel in Ocean City. I should have realized this place was going to be a nightmare, due to the rude reception we received at the front desk.

The lobby was dirty and looked beat-up... the room, a suite, was far worse. The suites have small kitchens and are adverstised as being furnished with cookware, plates, utensils, etc. Not so, three plates, two bowls, a spoon, a fork, spatula, and a pot - all of which were filthy with layers of old grease and food attached... really gross.

The bathroom was small, dark, and dirty. Ring around the toilet and tub.

The dirty kitchen and bathrooms were reported to the front desk and ignored. The gal told me that next time I should book through them, and not by one the on-line travel agencies. So, I guess booking on-line for a bargain rate means that the hotel staff has a blank check to treat certain guests like second-class citizens.

The redeming factors: Temperpedic mattresses on the beds and the great location.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank AmericanOdyssey
We apologize that the guest felt we ignored their request and its never our intention too not respond to a room issue. Regardless of how the guest books the room our attention is to provide a clean and properly stocked room. The front desk staff member was simply informing the guest that by making the reservation directly with a Hotel Representative who has a greater knowledge of the Hotel amenities and room types would be helpful for future reservation. Thank you for mentioning our Temperpedic mattresses and location.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Queens, NY
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at this place several times. The location is perfectly placed around the corner from Seacrets (best place on Earth) so you can walk to and from instead of having to take cab. The rooms are average hotel rooms. AC works well. If you get room facing thr Bay you will have a great sunset if you are in the room when the sun is setting.

There is a bar in the hotel called Finnegans. Average at best. Convenient for drinks in room

The rooftop pool is awesome. During daylight hours up can purchase drinks. Great to just relax. Awesome view of bay.
If weather is bad there is an indoor pool as well

All in all I recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank dahijoka
Thank you for recognizing our fantastic bayside location.
Maryland
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had one of the larger rooms in the "south building" of this hotel. I will say that I had a great view of the bay from my room, which I guess is what I was paying for. Some other members of my family were staying in the building where the reception desk is located. The "south building" is definitely were you want to be if you are staying here. The main building has an incredibly small elevator with no indicator lights inside, so you have to wait until the doors open to see what floor you are on. That sounds like a silly thing, but I cannot tell you how many people I saw get off on the wrong floor and then have to wait for the next elevator because of it.

While my room had a great view, the room itself didn't seem that clean to me. We found a finger or toe nail on the carpet by our couch...that didn't give me a lot of confidence in the cleanliness of the rest of the room. The bathroom is tiny and has one very low watt bulb in it. Showering felt dangerous and a little scary!

I might stay here again in a pinch, but I hope to not be back in Ocean City Maryland for a long time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the guest taking time to comment on their stay which will alert our staff to issues that may need attention. Our elevators do have the proper floor indicators visible to the guest when the elevator door opens. All comments will be shared with our staff to insure our future guest have a memorable stay.