“Basic room, beautiful sunset!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Princess Bayside Beach Hotel

Princess Bayside Beach Hotel
Ranked #64 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
St. Michaels, Maryland
“Basic room, beautiful sunset!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have stayed at many hotels in Ocean City over the years for Firemen's Convention. This year we decided to stay Bayside and picked this hotel for convenience and price. Our hotel room (Bayside Efficiency) was exactly what I figured it would be. Most hotels have the same layout. The bathroom is definitely smaller than most shower/tub & toilet in one room with vanity & sink in another. Beds have tempurpedic mattresses which my husband fell in love with. The first night we realized very late in the night that there was no hot water. The next morning, still no change. Went to the front desk and by the time we returned, the problem had quickly been fixed and it seemed to work fine the rest of our stay. When checking in, the front desk person ( I believe her name was Kara) was very courteous and patient, as my 2 year old was having a mini meltdown and I couldn't find my credit card. The view is amazing in the morning and at sunset. The beach is smaller than what appears in the pictures, and half the beach seems to be taken up by boats for hourly rent. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and received good service from all parties involved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Yelloh24
, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return for next years convention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Valdez, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were not exactly pleased with our stay at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel in Ocean City. I should have realized this place was going to be a nightmare, due to the rude reception we received at the front desk.

The lobby was dirty and looked beat-up... the room, a suite, was far worse. The suites have small kitchens and are adverstised as being furnished with cookware, plates, utensils, etc. Not so, three plates, two bowls, a spoon, a fork, spatula, and a pot - all of which were filthy with layers of old grease and food attached... really gross.

The bathroom was small, dark, and dirty. Ring around the toilet and tub.

The dirty kitchen and bathrooms were reported to the front desk and ignored. The gal told me that next time I should book through them, and not by one the on-line travel agencies. So, I guess booking on-line for a bargain rate means that the hotel staff has a blank check to treat certain guests like second-class citizens.

The redeming factors: Temperpedic mattresses on the beds and the great location.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank AmericanOdyssey
We apologize that the guest felt we ignored their request and its never our intention too not respond to a room issue. Regardless of how the guest books the room our attention is to provide a clean and properly stocked room. The front desk staff member was simply informing the guest that by making the reservation directly with a Hotel Representative who has a greater knowledge of the Hotel amenities and room types would be helpful for future reservation. Thank you for mentioning our Temperpedic mattresses and location.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Queens, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at this place several times. The location is perfectly placed around the corner from Seacrets (best place on Earth) so you can walk to and from instead of having to take cab. The rooms are average hotel rooms. AC works well. If you get room facing thr Bay you will have a great sunset if you are in the room when the sun is setting.

There is a bar in the hotel called Finnegans. Average at best. Convenient for drinks in room

The rooftop pool is awesome. During daylight hours up can purchase drinks. Great to just relax. Awesome view of bay.
If weather is bad there is an indoor pool as well

All in all I recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank dahijoka
Thank you for recognizing our fantastic bayside location.
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had one of the larger rooms in the "south building" of this hotel. I will say that I had a great view of the bay from my room, which I guess is what I was paying for. Some other members of my family were staying in the building where the reception desk is located. The "south building" is definitely were you want to be if you are staying here. The main building has an incredibly small elevator with no indicator lights inside, so you have to wait until the doors open to see what floor you are on. That sounds like a silly thing, but I cannot tell you how many people I saw get off on the wrong floor and then have to wait for the next elevator because of it.

While my room had a great view, the room itself didn't seem that clean to me. We found a finger or toe nail on the carpet by our couch...that didn't give me a lot of confidence in the cleanliness of the rest of the room. The bathroom is tiny and has one very low watt bulb in it. Showering felt dangerous and a little scary!

I might stay here again in a pinch, but I hope to not be back in Ocean City Maryland for a long time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the guest taking time to comment on their stay which will alert our staff to issues that may need attention. Our elevators do have the proper floor indicators visible to the guest when the elevator door opens. All comments will be shared with our staff to insure our future guest have a memorable stay.
Fairplay, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel for several days while attending a conference nearby. The Hotel is conveniently located in walking distance of the OC Convention Center. it has a decent restaurant Finnegan's on site and a club Secrets with music and dancing in close walking distance. The room was clean and comfortable, but the best part of all about my stay was the staff. The desk clerks were efficient, friendly and welcoming. I especially appreciated their care after my stay. I was contacted the next day by the hotel security manager Steve. my expensive cell phone and charger had been left behind, and the housekeeper turned it in to security. Steven kept my telephone secure until he very kindly arranged for its return. What a great thing, to be treated so respectfully as a guest!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lisa F
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments and the recognition given to our staff. We look forward to your return for next years conference if not before.
baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We just arrived home from a terrible stay at this hotel. We checked in Saturday, the front desk person said to wait as the only rooms available were on the highway side. She stated later there would be rooms in the back. I gave her our phone # and we waited, well at 6pm, we checked in and were given a front room. That was ok, except she clearly lied to us. It was her suggestion, not mine. The room was terrible and extremely loud. After listening to our neighbors and at 4am, I went down to the main desk to see about checking out. The desk person shrugged her shoulders and said there was nothing she could do. If we did check out we were still going to be charged for 2 nights. I pointed to the loud, vulgar crowd in the lobby and asked if that was acceptable. She again just shrugged her shoulders. I didn't sleep all night. On Sunday we were given a different room. Barbara, the front desk person was NASTY and very condescending towards my husband. Our new room was one floor up and right next to a security room. We heard a slamming door about every 20 minutes all night long.Another sleepless night. We also both woke up to red bites on our body. This is unfortunate that the hotel staff refused to acknowledge our very valid complaint. There are many better hotels in this area. DO NOT stay here. Thanks for reading the review and I hope you enjoy your visit to OC MD.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beans12
Cruzin Weekend in Ocean City can be somewhat loud, interesting, & fun. Cruiser of types take to the streets of Ocean City. At check in we try to accommodate the guests who like a view of the street and the festivities placing them street side and the guest in town for other activities on the opposite side of Hotel. Most guest arrive Friday for the sold out weekend leaving very few
options remaining for guest checking in on Saturday. The guest arrived prior to our 4PM check in time and was told we would attempt to locate a room available away from the street and offered to call the guest if their room became available prior to the 4PM check in time. Unfortunately, the only rooms available in the room type booked was street side and no rooms became available prior to 4PM that particular sold out weekend. When the guest returned at 6PM they were checked into their room. If the guest had given us any notification of other guest disturbing them we would have sent security to the room immediately. We do not allow unruly action by other guest and security will intervene when necessary. Sunday morning the guest return to the desk at 8:30AM and demanded a new room and was informed we would be able to move them as soon as we had someone check out and have the room cleaned. Our check out time is 11AM and the time required to clean the room allowed the guest into their new room by 1:15PM. The Front Desk Manager did acknowledge the issue and acted to settle the guest into a new room in a timely manor. We apologize we did not meet this guest expectations.
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

From the helpful manner expressed by the Sales Team - Charlotte and Alexus, in helping with providing a conference room - to the courtesy expressed by the Front Desk, in setting us up with bayview rooms - Anita, Christian, Karen, and Barabara - to the Dining Room staff - there was not one unpleasant or displeasing interaction or exchange. The conference room was neat, clean and ready - and the hotel room was quite comfortable with a view that was particularly charming. Returning is not a question of if - its a question of when (and for how long)!!

Captain E.Q.
Commando - Patrol and Detective Services

Room Tip: Always ask for bayview - but I think all the rooms have bayview.