“Great staff, very friendly and helpful.”

Princess Bayside Beach Hotel
Ranked #66 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Fairplay, Maryland
“Great staff, very friendly and helpful.”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel for several days while attending a conference nearby. The Hotel is conveniently located in walking distance of the OC Convention Center. it has a decent restaurant Finnegan's on site and a club Secrets with music and dancing in close walking distance. The room was clean and comfortable, but the best part of all about my stay was the staff. The desk clerks were efficient, friendly and welcoming. I especially appreciated their care after my stay. I was contacted the next day by the hotel security manager Steve. my expensive cell phone and charger had been left behind, and the housekeeper turned it in to security. Steven kept my telephone secure until he very kindly arranged for its return. What a great thing, to be treated so respectfully as a guest!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lisa F
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments and the recognition given to our staff. We look forward to your return for next years conference if not before.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
baltimore
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We just arrived home from a terrible stay at this hotel. We checked in Saturday, the front desk person said to wait as the only rooms available were on the highway side. She stated later there would be rooms in the back. I gave her our phone # and we waited, well at 6pm, we checked in and were given a front room. That was ok, except she clearly lied to us. It was her suggestion, not mine. The room was terrible and extremely loud. After listening to our neighbors and at 4am, I went down to the main desk to see about checking out. The desk person shrugged her shoulders and said there was nothing she could do. If we did check out we were still going to be charged for 2 nights. I pointed to the loud, vulgar crowd in the lobby and asked if that was acceptable. She again just shrugged her shoulders. I didn't sleep all night. On Sunday we were given a different room. Barbara, the front desk person was NASTY and very condescending towards my husband. Our new room was one floor up and right next to a security room. We heard a slamming door about every 20 minutes all night long.Another sleepless night. We also both woke up to red bites on our body. This is unfortunate that the hotel staff refused to acknowledge our very valid complaint. There are many better hotels in this area. DO NOT stay here. Thanks for reading the review and I hope you enjoy your visit to OC MD.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beans12
Cruzin Weekend in Ocean City can be somewhat loud, interesting, & fun. Cruiser of types take to the streets of Ocean City. At check in we try to accommodate the guests who like a view of the street and the festivities placing them street side and the guest in town for other activities on the opposite side of Hotel. Most guest arrive Friday for the sold out weekend leaving very few
options remaining for guest checking in on Saturday. The guest arrived prior to our 4PM check in time and was told we would attempt to locate a room available away from the street and offered to call the guest if their room became available prior to the 4PM check in time. Unfortunately, the only rooms available in the room type booked was street side and no rooms became available prior to 4PM that particular sold out weekend. When the guest returned at 6PM they were checked into their room. If the guest had given us any notification of other guest disturbing them we would have sent security to the room immediately. We do not allow unruly action by other guest and security will intervene when necessary. Sunday morning the guest return to the desk at 8:30AM and demanded a new room and was informed we would be able to move them as soon as we had someone check out and have the room cleaned. Our check out time is 11AM and the time required to clean the room allowed the guest into their new room by 1:15PM. The Front Desk Manager did acknowledge the issue and acted to settle the guest into a new room in a timely manor. We apologize we did not meet this guest expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed May 11, 2012

From the helpful manner expressed by the Sales Team - Charlotte and Alexus, in helping with providing a conference room - to the courtesy expressed by the Front Desk, in setting us up with bayview rooms - Anita, Christian, Karen, and Barabara - to the Dining Room staff - there was not one unpleasant or displeasing interaction or exchange. The conference room was neat, clean and ready - and the hotel room was quite comfortable with a view that was particularly charming. Returning is not a question of if - its a question of when (and for how long)!!

Captain E.Q.
Commando - Patrol and Detective Services

Room Tip: Always ask for bayview - but I think all the rooms have bayview.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Albert E
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel thanks you for recognizing our staff and are pleased you had "A most very pleasant stay!"
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I attended a wedding at the Princess Bayside and also stayed there for the night. Everything was wonderful. The food was good; hotel clean; staff friendly and helpful. Charlotte and Barbara were especially courteous and helpful, and we appreciate their kindness.

Room Tip: All rooms are smoke free, which is good for me personally. We had a view of the bay, which was rela...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Joanne S
The staff appreciates the recognition. Please return this summer for a longer vacation visit.
Sykesville
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was hauling a 24 foot trailer down to Ocean City for Spring Bike Weekend and was checking hotels to make sure I had the room to park and to turn. I talked to Steve Manzione, the night manager, and he assured me that he would see to it that I would have no trouble. When I arrived, I drove around the back and could not proceed farther due to parked cars. Steve and 2 others came out to help me back out and to use a spot that I was not sure I could use. The next morning, there was a vehicle parked illegally behind me so that I could not remove my vehicle from the trailer. Steve and another man came out again to assist me..

I really appreciate the helpfulness and kindness shown to me by Steve Manzione and his staff to make sure my stay was uneventful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank BigCitySykesville
Thank you for complimenting our staff, they appreciate the positive feedback. Make sure to book your reservation with us early for Delmarva Bike Week in September.
Harleysville, PA
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have been going to the Princess Bayside for 5 years as a part of a golf trip and I always have a great time. Finnegan's is nice and the hotel is right next door to Seacrets.

This year, I accidentally left my Garmin GPS in my room and feared that it would be lost forever. I called the hotel to report my mistake with little hope that I would ever see it again. Instead, the head of security took my phone call, searched my room and found the GPS within 20 minutes. He then arranged to have UPS deliver it to me within 2 days. Thank you Steve M.! Instead of just promising good service, they delivered good service.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Paul S
Ray R, General Manager at Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
The Princess Bayside Beach Hotel staff & management thanks the guest for taking the time to share their positive experiences at the hotel. Thank you and we look forward to your next golf outing.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times and each time it gets worse. I've always gone for the 4th of July. This is a party destination for young people. Last year a group of guys threw furniture off of the balcony almost damaging cars below. I'm guessing the same people threw food in the hallway too. I felt terrible when the staff had to clean it the next day. Another night I woke up to the fire alarm. Someone pulled it and the entire hotel had to evacuate and wait for clearance. It was probably 4am. This hotel is very close to Seacrets nightclub. The rooms are definitely outdated but you're in a beach town so I doubt you're going to find anything modern or trendy. It is pretty expensive for what they offer. You're only given one parking pass per room. The only reason we stay here is because it is convenient. There are some good things: There is a good size pool on the roof with a bar, and the staff is nice. There is a great view of the fireworks from the roof too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jamie_CM
Thank you for your feedback, your comments are important to us. We are please you enjoyed our rooftop pool facilities. Holiday weekends in Ocean City as a whole can be very busy and our visitors can be festive. Our 24 hour security staff is always available ready to step in if a guest starts to lose control. We have completed our hallway renovations, replacing the carpet and wall coverings. Also new in 2012 we have place new furniture in all of our Bayfront Efficiencies. Please return on your next visit and experience the changes the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel has to offer.