“God Help Me”
Review of Alamo Motel

Alamo Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Alamo Motel
Ranked #101 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Oh My God, sleep in your car, I would have, but we were on bikes! We sat out on the bench all night, and my poor boyfriend doesn't drink, but I had to drink my fair share. It was so disgusting, someone else's stuff was still in the room. They told us someone was a regular there. I'll tell you, we brushed our teeth outside with bottled water. DON'T GO HERE! We asked them to clean the bathroom... they brought a rag and that was it. Needless to say, it was still filthy. I would not touch it, I did not shower all weekend because it was too dirty. I reported them, but they are still open. Don't turn on the water, it stinks enough to make you sick. I can't express how disgusting this place is, but I can't believe the OC authorities allow them to be open. Oh, and I wouldn't eat or drink there either. BEWARE.... Linda

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Linda301

Reviewed August 25, 2007

The Alamo is the worst motel on this side of god's green earth. We spent $225.00 for two nights of pure unsanitary conditions rating from a toilet that did not work, no hot water, no television, and the list could go on... not to mention the seedy characters that were walking around late at night. I really thought that I was in the middle of a Hitchcock film and I was just waiting for the ax to drop. If you value life, liberty and the pursuit of happines, stay away from the Alamo.. this place is creepy, and in my opinion not safe.

Stayed: August 2007
9  Thank hollaz
Reviewed July 18, 2007

After coming home from Ocean City I read the reviews and some are dated 2005 and nothing has changed. This was the filthiest room I have ever been in. No telephone, no curtains at the windows only a mini blind, laminate on the floors that was buckled. All of this could have been tolerable it it had been clean. The shower was filthy, blood around the base of the toilet. We were even afraid to use the faucet water to brush our teeth. Fortunately for us this was just a one-night stay because it was a Saturday night and we couldn't find another room. No dead bolts were on the door. At midnight loud music was coming from the bar area. The website makes this place look nice but beware it is not. Everything I read in the reviews is still the same.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank linnie24
Reviewed June 10, 2007

A word to the wise - - don't even bother stopping here!!! Unfortunately, we booked a group at this motel because Ocean City, Maryland was totally sold out. I called the motel directly beforehand and questioned reviews I had read and was told to ignore those reviews. "They were disgruntled travelers. The place was nice." Obviously he must have been looking across the highway at some other place!! This place smelled horrible and the bathrooms were moldy, disgusting and the tile was falling off the wall. There was a good ending to this story, though. We didn't get back to the motel until late on our night of check-in and he had sold some of our rooms, gave us a total refund, and we left that dump! This motel doesn't deserve any stars at all.

• Stayed: June 2007
14  Thank myaud
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2006

People stay at Alamo, because they are cheap. They pay little money, and want to get the best service, and rooms like in five star hotel. Don't complain if you don't have enough brains to book another hotel. You get what you pay for.

Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed April 30, 2006

Our adventure at the ALAMO....We were greeted by a ONE armed man with 3 green teeth holding a sign that said "Beware of falling roaches and NO REFUNDS" By the time we had checked into the room, we had already realized that there was no other place to stay at in ocean city on a friday night so we attempted this HORRIBLE place that they call a hotel. Norman Bates drove our bags to the room in the golf cart. Once we entered the room, which note...had no number on it, nor lock, we realized that someone had possibly died in the room. We proceded to open the drawers, and quickly closed them for the cockroaches were escaping...! We then decided to go attemp the shower. After putting on our wet suits and snorckles we decided that the mildew may eat threw our shoes. So we decided it was safer to bath in the ocean. We thought that the horrible experience may soon end...until we turned down the bed sheets. The air conditioning....did not work. but it wasent so bad because the blankets weere well ventalated with ciggerate burns, the sheets looked like they have not been washed since 1972. And, the mattress looked like it hadent been replaced since moses parted the red sea. There was not much left of the walls, for the holes and roaches were consuming the rest. The Alamo....was truely the WORST experience our our entire lives. Stay at the bates motel before even considering the Alamo...even with a seriel killer, you have a better chance of leaving alive.

• Stayed: August 2005
42  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2006

We decided to take the kids on a weekend trip, I thoughtI did the research but what i saw when i arrived was the worst. the man at the front desk had one arm which freaked my kids out. and the swimming pool had tractor tires in it. I WAS 5MONTHS PREGNANT AND WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR TO THE HOTEL ROOM I ALMOST WENT INTO LABOR. the smell in the room was so horrible i had to ask for anotherand the other room we got was even worst..the batheroom was not finisthe it had a hug whole in the wall, the blinds wouldnt stay up so we had to nail a sheet to the window, the floor where so dirty that i had to go to the local walmar and buy carpetfresh and anti-bacterial spray.this was the worst experience ever for me. dont stay here sleep in your car if you have too and the rates are too high for what the rooms look like. i wish someone would have warned me...agb

• Stayed: June 2003