“OC beach”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“OC beach”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a great family getaway.. What a great beach. So much to do, or nothing at all, take your pick. I loved the spacious beach, the huge TV like advertisements on the passing boats. Parasailing all about, but yet if you want privacy, there is plenty of beach.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Krista-lea K

• Korean first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Wevgone to OceOcean City, MD for several years. Me and my family really enjoy it. There is many, many things to do. Love it!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nlstiles
Wilson, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Wide Open Beachfront”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

One of the largest beaches on the east coast. I was told during the summer it is elbow to elbow , but during the fall you have plenty of room to spread out!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hpm88
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I love the Ocean City beach. It is clean and safe. The lifeguards are well trained and do an excellent job

Visited September 2013
Braselton, Georgia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Safest beach in United States when the Beach Patrol is on duty”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The beach is cleaned every night with a team to tractors towing large sifters that sweep the beach beautiful.
The beach is huge with plenty of space for everyone.
Most important it is safe although many people drown each summer - All when the Beach Patrol is off duty. Even the best swimmers have no chance when the ocean currents grab you.
I learned in 1977 what it takes to be on the OCBP. I planned to spend the summer as a guard and passed the test that up to that time had never had a woman pass. I only last two weeks on the Patrol as the work did not equal the $100 take home pay (1977). I ended up taking on two jobs, one taking the original telescope pictures( I had the brand new condo stretch from 94th to the Caine's beach house), at night I worked for Gary Walker's Purple Moose Saloon.
The Beach Patrol today has corrected the pay issue and is as professional as they come. Under the direction of the only guard that was on duty that same summer I was, Butch Arbin.
I stayed in Ocean City this summer with my Wife and two 12 year old girls. With the weather and wind changes the surf was unpredictable. At times during our two week stay our guard who was in his mid 20's allowed the girls out past the breakers during a low tide, other days he would never allow anyone past the breakers unless they checked in with him and were given permission. Another instance a group had just stood up and were leaving and he blew his whistle to motion other guards to watch his swimmers and he tore after that group to convince them cleaning up all that debris the left was in the best interests of everyone. A total class act with all eyes on him.
I never took my eyes of the girls while in the water but I knew that there was another set of eye balls doing the scans and protecting people from themselves.

Visited June 2013