“Great hotel for a great price!”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 3, 2009

After trying to decide where to stay last week (July 25-Aug 1) we decided to stay at the Spinnaker Motel and I have to say we were not dissapointed.....we were very pleased. We decided to go with the Spinnaker based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor and due to the low price. My husband and two children (ages 8 and 4) were very happy. The motel is very clean. The room was an efficiency, with a full size refrigerator, utensils, oven, coffee maker. Great balcony with an ocean view. The pool was wonderful. My kids loved it. The motel is also in a great location, close to a CVS, liquor store, Dunkin Donuts. The motel also has a coffee shop downstairs. Good food, great prices. We really enjoyed our stay and would definetly recommend it to anyone wanting nice accomodations for a reasonable price. Also, for those of you who love seafood.....you can't miss Higgin's Crab House. The snow crab legs were out of this world! This will be my third time visiting Ocean City, MD. It's definetly one of my favorite places.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hn1972

Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed at the Spinnaker for the second year in a row. Again, we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the location is great! When anything goes wrong at this hotel, the problem is fixed right away. On our first day, I noticed that the lock on the door to the pool deck wasn't locking correctly. I didn't report it....it wasn't a big deal to me. But, the next morning, I noticed it was fixed already. One day there were some bugs in the pool and it seemed that the filter might not be working. We reported it to the front desk, and clean fresh water was pouring into the pool within minutes. Again, the next day there were no bugs at all in the pool. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank NeenerPA
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Make your reservation NOW for a great vacation ! My daughter and I celebrated our birthdays with a week long vacation . This was an important vaction for us, the first we are taking together as Adults ( she just turned 20) , the first after a major loss in our family, and of course to celebrate our birthdays which are 5 days apart. The Spinnaker Hotel was a wonderful choice to make for our lodging needs.

I have been in Senior Management in the Hotel Industry for the past 20 plus years working 4 star full service to Economy Brands, I have worked in both the Sales and Operations end of the business. My daughter has grown up in the industry via mom and can voice her displeasure quite well. I set the Bar High and so does she. So taking a chance on a hotel I had no idea about was going to be a true trust in the Management and Team of Associates I was about to meet.

The Spinnaker Hotel on 18th and Baltimore exceeded my expectations in a Summer Resort Beach Hotel. Five Perfect reasons why:
1. Reservations made easy by using the OCMOTELS website, Somehow I overbooked and my call to the hotel when I recieved confirmation to cxl one reservation was met by Anita the Asst.Manager , I could hear her smile through the phone, made the changes I needed, took time to ask me what I needed while I woulod be with them, and my room when I arrived was EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED ! Thank you Anita.

2. Our arrival was expected, by the hotel, and the TEAM at the front desk, meeting Anita and Judy was a perfect start, the location was easy to get to and right at the beach and boardwalk. They told us about all we should see, the best places to eat , they took an interest in us, why we were visiting, who we were. WE BECAME PART OF THE FAMILY !

3. Lugging all we had to the room ( remember 2 women) was made easy, they asked us if we needed help WOW ! Luggage carts , an elevator to 5th floor ,like a cool beach breeze! THe room was clean and well kept, it had all the requirements we needed and more ( well a 2nd bath would be nice) and enough space for all of our things and all we bought during the week. I could see a family of 4 being quite comfortable. OUr veiw from room --- (I am not telling or I will never get in it again :) was fantastic , perfect, wonderful. The beds were very comfortable, I slept like a log ( ask my daughter how well I snored). WE FELT AT HOME !

4. I met the General Manager Heather and one of the Corporate Directors and and they asked me how my stay was, what were my suggestions to help them improve, they thanked me for choosing the SPINNAKER MOTEL, and again made suggestions on Ocean City activities. WE FELT WELCOMED!

5. We were enjoying ourselves so much we extended our stay, due to making this change on July 3rd they asked if we would mind switching rooms as the perfect view room was already booked, they would move us , I was just as pleased with room 2, a larger balcony and still a fantastic view of the Ocean , Beach and Boardwalk. The consistancy of the conditon and cleanliness was the same , no dissapointments with that. The pool was clean and refreshing , the sundeck inviting and colorful with flags, plants and GREAT LOUNGE AND PICINIC FURNITURE, the onsite resturant was like visiting a family member , the staff was welcoming the food good and the price right. The location was perfect, the housekeeping and maint teams were helpful and always smiling, our stay was GREAT. WE GOT VALUE!

We will be back and we do want to say ...CHECK OUT the SPINNAKER Motel in Ocean City , MD

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank iundrstnd2
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I thought the Spinnaker was a GREAT value for our money. Hands down, regardless of any complaints the location is great and the rooms have all the ammenities you could possibly need and are very clean. Our room, which I would assume to be "standard" had a kitchenette including dishes, an almost full size fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The bedroom had two full size beds plus a pull out sofa-sleeper with and actual room divider in between. I loved the balcony the best! We traveled with kids so this was so relaxing in the evening. We were able to go out and have some PRIVACY from our kids!!! I realize the balconies aren't fully private as one other review had stated but they were more than private enough for us. They have partitions which start about 6 - 12" off the ground and go about 6 - 12" from the ceiling and all the way to the railing. I guess I wouldn't put anything out there that you'd be worried about getting stolen but with the hum of the a/c and the partitions it was awesome! Private conversation! I wished we had one at every stop on our travels! Others have also commented about the view being partial but I know from where we were we had a very nice view. I guess when you book this hotel you have to keep in mind it's not ocean front but for the value who cares! If you want to see the ocean up close walk down to the beach, it's literally 1/2 a block down! There were a few small things that happened while we were staying there... at one point I went in to take a shower and water was pouring in from upstairs onto my head. I found out in a quick hurry that our upstairs neighbor had overflowed his toilet. The hotel staff handled it very well. Fixed the problem and came and cleaned our bathroom with an apology. Although I could've done without the toilet water on my head they were very apologetic and really it wasn't their fault so I don't feel like they owed me anything but the apology was very nice and appreciated. My only other real complaint was that our last night their my now husband and I decided to get married. My cousin was kind enough to take our girls so we could have one night to ourselves. In the morning housekeeping was banging on our door and calling our room. I'm sure we stayed out later than we probably needed to but the staff knew we were getting married so I thought it was a bit much. Especially when my husband and I were running back and forth trying to load our van with 2 - 3 housekeeping staff standing directly outside our door waiting for us to get out. It was a weekday and I would bet money that they weren't sold out for the night to come because the weather was terrible but oh well. Overall it's a great vaule for the money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Crispie94
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I am a manager for another hotel chain and stayed at this property on business. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, location, and customer service I recieved. This property is an idea location. The rooms are very clean and offer several ammenities. I would highly recommend this propery to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank AmyRidge08
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Stayed here the last weekend of the season very little wear and tear on the room ( someone must be doing something right ) to keep the property so clean and maintained. Price was right and the location was good. Will stay again next year.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank LovesLauderdale
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel. The hotel itself appears very old and hasnt been updated. But it is a very clean hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. For all the more time we actually spent in our room, what more could you want for the money! We had what was called and ocean view room- we could see the ocean but only looking to the left side when sitting out on the balcony. None the less for the money, I cant complain! I was very pleased- and would reccommend this hotel for anyone looking for a clean place to lay your head for a cheap price!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank karreyanne