“Clean, inexpensive, friendly”

Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Clean, inexpensive, friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (since Aruba was unfortunately out of the question). We were greeted by extremely friendly staff. We gained much information regarding the Winefest being held at the inlet. Our room was neat and clean. The kitchenette was a nice touch. The pool was a blast - we basically had it to ourselves. All in all, though not Bermuda, an excellent place to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mary M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

We now.stay here every year and I can't imagine OC without it!
The staff are very friendly and helpful, even during reservations on the phone! While it is not a direct Ocean View, the atmosphere is worth it! Best outdoor pool in OC always with great guests to meet and share time with. I have stayed in many ocean views and the short time we spend at the hotel is not worth the exorbitant price. I can see the ocean any time I want without the noise!!! I don't want to say more, I might not be able to get reservations next year!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 18th street side are best for view and convenience.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Cathy B
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Very Clean. Wonderful staff, very helpful. We all had a great time, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mwildshadow
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

First of all, I am not sure why the Spinnaker is ranked so highly on TripAdviser. I usually stay at the higher end hotels such as the Hyatt and the Hilton but shelling out the $200 plus dollars for the off season did not make sense to me so based on the review and the price, I decided to take a chance. This is not a bad hotel. It is clean but there is a hotel in front of it and the balconies are angled sideways so you have to really stick your body over the balcony to see the ocean. The smoking rooms get a little closer to the ocean. I dont understand why hotels like the Stowaway Grand arent ranked higher on here. They have good ratings, they are ocean front, on the boardwalk and affordable. That was my view from the Spinnaker so I couldnt understand why that one wasnt ranked before Spinnaker. I also inquired about the price which was equivalent to what I paid at Spinnaker. There are a dozen or more hotels that FACE the ocean and have the same affordable prices. These rankings are deceiving. Again, not bad for a moderate hotel but I need to see the ocean when I'm at the ocean! If I'm going to pay decent money, I want a great view of the ocean and there are better choices out there. Dont go by the rankings on here...although, if you have the money, you cant go wrong with the Holiday Inn Suites just a couple blocks down.

Room Tip: The smoker rooms are closest to the sideview of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Virginiafamily
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Was VERY impressed. This was our first beach vacation as a family (my first visit to OC) and I can't believe how close we were to everything, we never got in the car during our stay, any how clean the room looked AND smelled! And the price was great. I didn't see one creepy crawly the entire stay. Plenty of parking space, everything in the room worked, I really can't praise this place enough. It well exceeded my expectations. We had breakfast in the cafe there and the food was great, the whole family cleaned their plates!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Leanna R
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We have been to OC numerous times over the past 20 years. But we have never found a motel that created an atmosphere that urged us to return. Our first spin at the Spinaker was an awesome change and a great decision.

We chose Spinnaker based on the #2 rating of Tripadvisor. I thoroughly read all reviews and we decided to make our reservations.

Check-in was quick and easy, the office staff as well as contacts with the housekeeping staff all provided a warm and friendly atmosphere.

We were provided with a lovely fourth floor apartment "with a view". What an experience to wake up in the middle of the night and hear the waves breaking on the beach less than half a block away.

We were close enough to local restaurants, boardwalk etc. that we could very well have not driven anywhere. The on property restaurant/coffee shop is great for breakfast and lunch.

Read every other positive review about Spinnaker and you have an overall picture of the experience.

We are already planning a return trip for next year.

Room Tip: Fourth floor on south side is excellent. Plenty of space in the room for two or four people.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Don K
Rio Grande, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is the second year we have stayed at the Spinnaker for the DelMarVa bike event, and once again we left pleased and ready to return. We were with a group and all the rooms were clean and well maintained and the staff is nothing short of wonderful. Forget the wireless internet...it just doesn't work, but who cared.

Room Tip: They are all basically good....the only distinctions we found were that the rooms on either side of...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends