“great place for the money”
Review of Talbot Inn

Talbot Inn
Ranked #66 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
penn hills
“great place for the money”
Reviewed June 15, 2008

one of the best places ive stayed in oc for the oct car show. price was right and mr ducks is the place. rooms are greAT . no problem parking of course I use public transportation alot....;the placr is great and the staff is too

• Liked — clean room great staff
  • Disliked — no wifi
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rivertown

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
bensalem
Reviewed February 7, 2008

My husband and I went for Labor Day weekend to do some fishing, relaxing and to have a good time. I was a bit skeptical since some of the reviews indicated a few issues such as parking, loud music and not being able to sleep but I am here to confirm different. We arrived on Friday evening at peak time when the band was playing and the place was packed but had no problem finding a parking spot write in front. The band was good and stopped playing at a reasonable hour. We had a bay view room on the 2nd floor overlooking a part of the festivities, along with our own balcony which offered a great view and had no problem sleeping. Room was average but clean and came equiped with a very small kitchonette including pots/pans which came in handy and saved on additional added expenses. Location is great if your looking to do some fishing since basically everything is write there or within walking distance - M.R. Ducks (Bar/Grille) has good burgers along with their gift shop write on premises. One thing I would have to say is we did get a great parking spot but since there was alot of activiites going on which brought in the crowds, valet parked the vehicles in the parking lot and blocked our vehicle in which did not bring any problems to us since everything was within parking distance but if we had to use our vehicle there may have been a problem.
Considering all of this along with the great room rate, it's worth it and will definitely be coming back.
Hope this review helps.

• Liked — View-Location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank JULIE2104
Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We have stayed at theTalbot Inn, three times this summer. Our stays at The Talbot Inn was great , service was awesome, rooms are nice and clean, But had serveral problems with parking again . we are giving a parking permit for the entire time of our stay. when there were bands playing at MR Ducks, we were told there was no parking , parking lot was full , due to customers coming in for the bands. I feel that we are being just pushed aside, after they aready had our monies. We paid for our reservations, the customers for the Talbot Inn should come first, not customers to come see the bands.

Stayed July 2007
5 Thank IamSugarBear

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We were looking for a place to stay and while going to have a drink at M.R. Ducks we saw there was an inn right there. We asked to view the room and the desk staff seemed surprised that we asked to. We found the room clean but very basic, which was fine. The room was bayside which was nice as it looked over the marina, however it was directly above the bar - M.R. Ducks which happened to have a band and we could hear everything in the room. We went back to desk and said thanks but no, and told them we thought the room would be much too loud considering it was right over the bar, but they assured us that the band would end at 8pm and when we asked what time the bar closed, we were told it quieted down fairly early - maybe 10pm. That was fine with us as we were planning on going out for some drinks ourselves and wouldn't be bothered by the bar's activities. Yes the band did stop, but the bar stayed open until the wee hours. We could hear everything including the bar music plus a couple of fights between people. We would fall asleep and then wake up to loud laughing, or fighting...this went on until 2:40 am. It was the most restless night.

Aside from that, the room was clean, but again basic. No shampoo, no hair dryer, towels were small, blankets had burn holes in them and the sheets were old, but clean, typical poly bed covers. Room had a small fridge, microwave and two burners for cooking. I never looked to see if there were pots or plates. Location was fairly good as it was a few blocks from the boardwalk and activities. I don't think that we'll stay again as we like our sleep and we felt we were lied to about the noise. I could see this as a good spot for those wanting to go fishing as its next to the marina, but its not a relaxing place at all. If you decide to go - ask for a room that is not bayside.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Loud room overlooking the bar.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vvg
Reviewed January 4, 2006

Here's the deal-
-not expensive
-right on the bay (location is everything)
-two blocks from the beach and boardwalk (again, location is everything)
-parking included
So if you are at the beach for a concierge, fancy shampoo, room service and fine cuisine-this isn't your spot. If you are at the beach to be on the beach, hang out at a cool bar and you would rather shell out the duckets for your own shampoo and a cheaper place to stay-you found your spot.
So as for the complaining reviews-here's reality-you get what you pay for.
Did I mention they have a pirate ship there?

• Stayed August 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2005

I recently stayed for several days at the Talbot Inn in Ocean City, Maryland on the recommendations I read on the Trip Advisor website. Nearly all the comments were positive. I would like to add my observations on the motel.

Those who had stayed there before me apparently had very low expectations of the facility—or the service had deteriorated by the time I arrived.

To be fair to the establishment, the room was very clean and the air conditioning and TV worked fine. The room was Spartan—no pictures on the walls, no tissues, an ice bucket but no ice machine, soap but no shampoo, coffee-maker but no coffee. It was a very hot day, but their soda machine was out of bottled water. The door stuck so badly that I had to force it with my shoulder to get into the room.

After we arrived, we went downstairs to M.R. Ducks, owned by the same people who own the Talbot Inn. There was no hostess around and it appeared that no one was in charge. After waiting for a hostess to show up, we seated ourselves—and were completely ignored by the wait staff for fifteen minutes. So we left and went next door to the Angler Restaurant for dinner (which, by the way, was excellent—and friendly).

On the second day we discovered that the food we had put in the refrigerator was still warm. The refrigerator did not work. I called down to the desk and the attendant told me “OK.” I assumed that meant that he would send someone up to check it. He didn’t. I went down to the office and asked for some ice. They informed me that it would $1.50 for the ice. After I paid $130.00 a night for a room with a broken refrigerator, they wanted $1.50 for ice to keep my food from spoiling.

When we checked out, I informed them that the refrigerator was broken and no one checked, even though I called. The clerk looked under the desk and told me “No one wrote it down.” He didn’t apologize; he didn’t offer to adjust the bill. He didn’t even ask how the room was or how our stay was. He simply looked at my signed credit card slip and said, “OK, you can go.”

A restaurant or lodging facility should offer more than a used bed or a hot meal (although I never got the chance to see if the food really was hot). Patrons have the right to expect courteous efficient attention from those places where they choose to spend their money. They shouldn’t have to tolerate rude and sloppy service.

On another day the Talbot Inn and M.R. Ducks may be fine places to sleep and eat. Unfortunately it was not on the days when I was there, and most likely, I will choose someplace else if I return to Ocean City.

• Stayed July 2005
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2005

My mom and I stayed here for a quick getaway to OC. The location was great, it was quiet at night and only about 2 blocks from the beach. The MR Ducks bar outside was close and convenient for a few drinks at night. The room was not luxurious, but it was only 120 a night, which at the time of booking was quite a bargain compared to some of the other dumps in town. The room was as clean as could be expected from a hotel like this one, I certainly wasnt offended. I do not recommend dining at the Marina Deck restaurant however. We had lunch and breakfast there and didnt have a good experience either time.

• Stayed June 2005