Beach Plaza Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$67
$74
$130
$117
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$287
$211
Hilton.com
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$104
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$58
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$218
$170
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfront porchrocking chairspiano barpeople watchocean viewsenior weekplenty of parkingair conditionerefficiencyunitsmaryland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Stayed Sept. 14 -17, 2009 with husband and two retirement friends. We had ocean front room. Rooms were nice size, clean and the towels were reoplinished daily. Enjoyed long sits using rockers on their porch. Beautiful ocean front view. Saw dolphins from the porch. The food in the restaurant was delicious, the server was extremely pleasant. Prices were very reasobable.. Would definetly stay here again. Didn't have pool. But younger folks can use the ocean.

St. Marys Retirement Four

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Seniorfour
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Stayed for the first time Wed thru Sat 8/26 – 8/29 – had a great time – stayed in an ocean view queen – the bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the staff was extremely courteous!
There was plenty of room, more towels then we needed and strong flow of hot water to shower with.
Is it an old hotel – yes – but that’s the charm. Are the faucets in the bathroom brand new and shiny – no – but are they dirty – no. Did we see the staff cleaning and vacuuming the rooms and halls everyday – YES!
If you want a brand new room with everything straight out of Home Depot – go to the Holiday Inn.
If you want to stay in a place that exudes the old world charm and style of the boardwalk 50 or 100 years ago this is the place. Sat on the porch during the day and night and enjoyed ourselves and conversation with the other guests. The bar was great and the breakfast shop in the basement was better then any buffet we stopped at.
If you rode in a brand new ’57 Ford and then rode in a brand new ’09 would they seem the same? Of course not, but would that make the ’57 a piece of junk? I think not! It’s unreasonable to try and make that comparison with old and new hotels.
We had a great time, wish there had been an ocean front queen available, the waves were high and the views from the front rooms are incredible. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dog427
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Phillips Beach Plaza Hotel is located on the boardwalk. This location was perfect for my family and I. Sadly, the hotel is literally crumbling. We stayed for a week. We picked this hotel because of the location and the price. It was very reasonable. We are on a budget so we could not relocate because of the problems.

The beds: Daily I found little pieces of dust and dirt on my white bedsheets. Initially I blamed the kids, reminded them to take off their shoes etc. Finally one night I discovered the dust and dirt was blowing out of the AC unit above the bed. When I looked up the vent was caked in dust, dirt and such. I did not get the feeling that the bedspread was clean. So I removed it and used my own blanket.

The bathroom: The water was hot and good water pressure. The tile had some mildew but overall the bathroom and bath linens were clean.

More: I kept finding little pieces of white stuff all over the carpet and on the table. It took me 3 days to figure out that the popcorn cieling was actually crumbling and falling.

Staff: Debbie and Darlene were my housekeepers. They were angels. Really nice ladies. Under paid! If you do go here, please remember to tip them!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank focuskat
Reviewed July 29, 2009

As a child, I went to OC with my family every summer for 15 years. The crowning event was when we went to Phillips for dinner. I thought it was the most grand, fancy place I had ever seen. The Phillips I grew up with represented the best of OC, and I am beyond disappointed that it has fallen into such disrepair. At first, I was confused by the disparity in the reviews, but figured out it is a result of the hotel rooms vs the apartments/efficiencies. We did not stay in the hotel, but from the sound of the other reviews, it is probably ok, if a little dated. The apartments, on the other hand, are a nightmare. The reports of filth are not exaggerated. The condition of the fixtures and furniture is worse than anything I've ever seen. I can't believe that the Phillips family allows their name, once so respected and admired, to be associated with a property in such horrible disrepair. I have talked to a lot of people about my experience, and everyone is equally shocked that such an icon in OC has turned into a run-down, neglected rat-trap. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank party0five
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We booked a 3 bedroom apartment for the weekend. We assumed it was somehow connected to the hotel near the boardwalk but knew it was not oceanfront. We were very surprised to find out that is was not even close to the hotel. It was located on Baltimore Street. We went back to the office and they did offer us another room, an efficiancy which is near the hotel. It was cheaper and the management did give us a portion of our money back. We came back in an hour supposedly after they got the room ready. As soon as we walked into the room we were shocked and appalled. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall. Dried caulk had dripped down a mirrored wall. There were cigarette ashes on the floor. We pulled down one of the bedspreads and found dirt in the bed. The blanket in the closet was SO disgusting I wouldn't let a dog sleep on it. The lampshade in the living room was absolutely disgusting. From what we could see from the kitchen it appeared to be mostly clean. There was no way we were staying there. We went back to the office and told them our story. The manager never came out of the back office. The employees had to keep going back to speak to him or her. If a customer has such a terrible problem with the accomodations, shouldn't the manager speak to them? In the end, they did end up giving us all of our money back and we went next door to the Commander and had a wonderful weekend! It was a beautiful hotel and the employees were wonderful! It was cheaper than Phillips with an oceanfront view! I can't even believe that Phillips is not shut down by the health department. I would never, ever recommend one of the apartments at Phillips.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BettyKansasCity