I took my fiancee here as kind of a post-engagement trip (proposed at a scenic location on the way there.)
Staff was friendly and had no problems at all with the people there. The part about it that stinks is the facility in general. It needs some updating pretty badly, the outside looks very nice, but the inside is nothing to brag about. It's a good place to stay if you can tolerate some minor inconveniences.
Our room did not have enough 3-prong outlets, so to make coffee, the coffee maker had to be on the floor. (Don't they still sell those adapters?) The room smelled like old ocean, more strange then bothersome, you get used to it fast - probably why the staff doesn't notice it.
Elevator looks like it's from the 70's and goes about as quickly. Rooms in general are OK, bathrooms are small and require updating, carpet is old and worn, but not holes. Bedding was clean and in good shape.
Doors and door locks are old actual key locks, that have to be slammed shut. I did not feel secure because I'm used to the magnetic locks, but there was no tangible security concern, not shady characters or anything, perfectly safe it seemed - aside from just having old locks.
Lobby was old school, but had character, restaurant did not have full hours, around there it's apparently popular to close between lunch and dinner.
Ocean view room was a great view and really cool, which is what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach Plaza oceanfront hotel is located at 13th Street on the famous Ocean City, MD Boardwalk. The hotel’s beachfront location is ideal for family beach vacations, weekend getaways or your next golf vacation. Beach Plaza guests are just a short stroll down the boardwalk to numerous restaurants, nightclubs, amusement rides and shopping.The Beach Plaza Hotel offers a variety of accommodations to meet your needs, from oceanfront guest rooms, efficiencies and 1-bedroom apartments to spacious 3-bedroom apartments that can accommodate up to eight guests. Hotel amenities include free parking, on-site bike rental, comfortable rocking chairs on the spacious porch overlooking the boardwalk and convenient beach rentals for your chair, umbrella and boogie board desires.Enjoy our warm Eastern Shore hospitality, spectacular ocean views and spacious accommodations - all just steps from spectacular Atlantic beaches and the famous Ocean City Boardwalk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Beach Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Phillips Beach Plaza
- Phillips Beach Plaza Ocean City
- Phillips Beach Plaza Hotel