“Disappointed with the Cayman”
Review of Cayman Suites

Cayman Suites
Ranked #20 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My family and I recently visited Cayman Suites. I was very, very disappointed. Before I list my disappointments, I will say that I did like the actual layout of the room. You walked into a little living area with a sofa, a little table and two chairs. Then there was a little dining table with two chairs and the kitchenette with a microwave, mini-refrigerator and dishware for four. Then you walked into a separate bedroom with two double beds off of the balcony. So, the layout of the room was nice.

We checked in on a Friday around 3:30pm. We went to the room I noticed right away that for the amount of money spent the room is barely updated. The walls were dirty. Then the toilet seat looked as if someone used it to put out cigarettes. It appeared to have cigarette burns on it. Then I proceeded to go out onto the balcony and couldn't open the balcony door. So I called the front desk and they did send someone up right away. He pretty much told me to push the glass on the door while sliding. What kind of mess is that? Then I noticed while finally able to get to the balcony that the vent cover to the a/c unit was practically falling off so he replaced that. Then I decided to take a shower and relax a bit after my long trip and the shower made a horrible screeching noise. So I called the front desk again and they had to actually replace the shower head. Then the toilet ran all night. I complained about that also but they were unable to fix it.

Now to the bed....the mattress was hard as concrete!!!!! The sheets were dirty and had to be changed. I had to sleep on this rock hard mattress for three nights and for three nights I didn't get a restful night of sleep.

For the money, Cayman needs to do a whole lot better. They need to renovate the rooms. They need to upgrade the bathrooms. And they definitely need to invest in more comfortable mattresses.

Sorry to say that I will never stay at Cayman again.

Reviewed July 5, 2007

Just returning after a five night stay at the Cayman suite on 125 Street in Ocean City. I was a little worried after reading the review
from earlier this years so I email Cayman and let them know my concerns. They assured me that I would have a pleasant stay and I could check out the room first before deciding to stay. I was happy to hear this and my mind was at ease. My husband took total charge(as I basked in the sun on the beach)to check out the room. After inspection of the room my husband gladly reported that everything looked just fine. And it was.

There was a spacious living area with a clean pull out bed. The kitchen consisted of the basic neccessities.(I'm not cooking a full courser on vacation) The bedroom was fine too.

The best thing about staying at the Cayman Suites over the fourth of July is that you have a front row seat for the fireworks just across Coastal Highway at the park. This year the fireworks were cancelled due to weather conditions, however we were not let down. On July 5th we witness a spectacular display from our balcony. No driving, No bus riding, No setting in the rain waiting for the fireworks, just walk out on your balcony and your ready for the show!!!! Also, if you have children, on July 4th at the park(just right across coastal highway) they have games for the children, entertainment, and a great
playground.

The Cayman Suites is your usual hotel. Nothing fancy however it was clean, comfortable and a great location for the 4th of July celebrations!

1  Thank lkozak
Reviewed July 5, 2007

My family and I stayed here in the past but this year was exceptional. The hotel has had alot of polishing up work done and it looks great. The staff is always very friendly and the rooms are always clean. The pool was great and also was redone. The temperature of the water was perfect. We just had an awesome time. Thanks for the great experience again this year and of course, we will be back. Everyone should try this hotel to have a great time.

2  Thank kemery