“great value”

Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just got home from our 3rd visit to both Ocean City, MD and Cayman Suites. Each time we've stayed we loved it. Hotel is clean, management is friendly and the beach is about a 1 minute walk away. Vacationing with kids is always expensive so we made great use out of the small fridge, microwave & 2 burners. A grocery store is right across the street. Great value for a clean, friendly hotel.

2 Thank jill v
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
"Great Value" is what we attempt to provide. We know there are always expenditures that we can incur to improve the hotel but at some point the rates have to increase and, with us, that is not an option. Our rates have remained the same for the past two years and we do not plan to raise them in 2014. At present, we are continuing our bathroom renovations, updating electrical fixtures throughout and purchasing carpet, drapes, and linens for one floor a year.
Mary Eastman, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to go for our anniversary. Cayman Suites came up in the search as we were trying to get to Fenwick Island. As another reviewer stated, the hotel is old, but it is clean. We were pleasantly surprised given the outward appearance of the facility. it is about two blocks from the beach right on the main strip of Coastal Highway. We were not impressed with the indoor pool, but they do have a game room on the 2nd floor. Even though it is a non-smoking hotel, we did see house keeping smoking on the balcony. Go figure. We would definitely stay here again only. The price was fair because we stayed late August when the price shifted. We would not stay here during the high priced summer months. It is fairly priced foe the off-season, over-priced for the high summer months. Remain blessed.

Room Tip: They need to oil the squeaky doors. Since the hotel is on the main highway, cars driving by may dist...
2 Thank Kevin M
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are happy that you decided to stay with us for your anniversary. Employees are not permitted to smoke on the walkways so I appreciated your keen observance. We will have to improve enforcement. Hopefully, you will celebrate with us again next year.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here last week and my experience was ok. When I entered my assigned room, I was hit with a stench of a musty, mildew smell. It was unbearable. I called downstairs and someone came up with a spray can of air freshener that only temporarily gave my nostrils relief. Upon further inspection of the room, I realized that there was no way I could spend three nights here. I called back downstairs and informed them of the issue and asked if there were any other rooms available that I could move to. The female clerk was quick to tell me, "No we're fully booked." Okay I said and hung up. I proceeded to go downstairs to speak with the more friendlier clerk, a gentleman, not sure of his name but he was most accommodating! I went from hearing, "fully booked" to "I have two available I can show you that you may be more comfortable in" THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALL ABOUT....MAKING THE CUSTOMER HAPPY. I was shown another room on the same floor as my room and although it was smaller, it smelled and looked better. Then he showed me one more on the 5th floor that had a partial ocean view and I was already sold. The room was the exactly the same as my double queen with pull out sofa. Needless to say, I took the penthouse suite. The only compromise was that I didn't get an updated bathroom.

Pros - There's a game room for the kids however most of the games were old and out of service. There's a piano that my kids enjoyed playing even though a few keys were dead and it needed tuning. Price for stay wasn't bad. Nice small pool. Offer complimentary beach chairs and towels. H

Cons - Decor and linens are dated. Walls could use some paint. And some of the furniture could use refinishing/touch-ups. No jacuzzi.

2 Thank SVB31707
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanks for sharing your concerns about your initial check in with us and further explaining your front desk experience! Most importantly, you were able to stay in a suite that satisfied your needs. In other responses, I have commented that the overall request from guests is the "Customer Service" aspect - even higher marks than amenities! We look forward to having you visit with us again.
Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here because it is across the street from North Side Park where we were going to the lacrosse games. Expensive for what it is...an old hotel. It does have a little kitchenette if you want to cook and a living area separated from the bedroom. Overall it was fine and only 1 block from the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms have street noise. If you are higher the noise is less. We ran the A/C and fan to muffle...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ylorac
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Our guests' comments provide the feedback that we need to survive as a successful, privately owned hotel. We are convenient to Northside Park and have guests stay with us that are involved with lacrosse, softball, basketball and soccer tournaments. The suites with two double beds in the bedroom and sleep sofa and kitchenette in the living area can accommodate up to four adults and two children comfortably. We attempt to offer a suite for the same rate as a hotel room in this area so I am pondering that you thought we were expensive. We constantly monitor our rate shown on the internet so we can maintain parity with our own website. We offer several affordable packages so please consider visiting with us again.
Federal Hill, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

A friend and I were visiting OC for a long weekend, and this hotel was perfect for what we were looking for. Having a separate area with couch/table/small kitchenette was awesome! The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful!

My only concern was that the bedding/towels were a little older, and could use some updating. Also, the hair dryer in the bathroom could use an update as well.

Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience and I would most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer B
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for selecting us for your get-away and we hope that you decide to visit with us again. We plan to complete renovation of all bathrooms by next season and hairdryers are included as a part of the process. The two room suites do offer extra space and privacy and the opportunity to watch two different shows or movies!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

From our booking process, to check out, everything at Cayman Suites delivered. The staff was polite, courteous, and helpful; our room was clean and comfortable; the amenities were very nice. We even received a few coupons to local restaurants with our check in! It was such a great experience, we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PeteX82
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We appreciate your kind comments expecially about the staff. We can spend lots of time renovating, cleaning, purchasing new TV's, etc. but fail to smile and what have we accomplished! When our guests share they have a "great experience" we are all winners.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Clean and nice rooms, we visited many times this place, close to the beach
and other attractions. The personnel is friendly and helpful. There is an indoor
pool that can be used on evenings or rainy days. Uber Bagels, Blue Ox, Grotto Pizza,
Sunsations, McDonald's, CVS and Dunkin Donuts are at walking distance.
You can try other restaurants and shopping areas.
The beach is great, not too crowded, you can fly a kite and play beach games.
It was hard to leave this place, great for families, we'll look further to return. Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed at different rooms (all were great) since we came here but we got used with the main stree...
2 Thank Claudia L
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your great explanation of our location. Our front desk staff as well as myself try to convey the convenient location that we have to the beach and affordable restaurants and casual shopping. We are also across the street from the City's Northside Park Recreation Complex with jogging path, small fishing pier, playground equipment, and the Sundaes in the Park summer entertainment series. We look forward to your continued visits.