“Great option for our 2 night weekday rental!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cayman Suites

Cayman Suites
Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Great option for our 2 night weekday rental!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff was attentive in person and on the phone prior to our arrival. Just a short one block walk to the beach. Close by to restaurants and entertainment. A good experience for a reasonably priced short stay at the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Fritc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

this was the 4th or 5th time at the Cayman....Never had a problem at this hotel it is clean and the staff is great! Hope to be going back in September this year for another stay...Have always stayed on the 3rd floor, there is no view of the ocean but the hotel is only a short walk to the beach about a block with no real streets to cross...I will admit you can stay closer to the boardwalk but you will pay a lot more for that, the bus runs right in front of the hotel and takes you to the boardwalk so you really don't have to move your car after you get there...This is the only hotel in OC that my family stays at!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank engine9driver
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Our repeat guests are our mainstay! You provide the incentive to properly maintain the hotel in a friendly environment. We treasure your comments.
Mary Eastman, Owner
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were mis-lead into thinking this was an ocean view hotel-- and it is if you can see through other buildings. The facility is very old and not maintained at all. Light sockets in the hall were falling out of the wall-- I was afraid the place would burn down overnight!! Design of rooms as nice, but far too expensive for the location and quality of the hotel. Staff was friendly. I would sleep in my car before I would ever spend good hard-earned money to stay at this dump again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at or pitch a tent on the beach!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon N
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am surprised that you thought that our hotel was oceanfront. We advertise that we are Oceanside and a short walk to the beach. Our website states that we are on the Oceanside of Coastal Highway (as opposed to the Bayside). We had our hotel photo taken from across the street and facing Coastal Highway so all prospective guests can view our location before booking. I also noticed that you are from Virginia Beach and that is where the company is located that furnished us with the new vanities and lighting we are using in renovating our bathrooms. We certainly aim to please everyone but unfortunately we did not meet your expectations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I really do love staying at the Cayman Suites. Unfortunately I was sick my entire 6 day stay so I had to stay in the room so I think I have become somewhat of an expert about the room. Things people don't think about when it comes to a room really mattered to me. The thread count on their sheets it's like you are staying at a 5 star hotel. And the bed was very comfortable for my very large frame. The staff are very friendly. They have great water pressure in their showers. The cleaning staff is very accommodating. My children had a lot of fun at the pool where they met people to play with. The location of the hotel is such where the beach is not over crowded like if you stayed near the boardwalk. I could go on and on. I really do love this hotel. In fact, this is our fourth time staying there. I would definitely recommend it, in fact we do, and people we know have stated there. Sorry if I'm long winded.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KarenGa4
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are sorry that you did not feel well on your recent visit with us. Your remarks were appreciated by all as we work diligently to make sure our guest's needs are met. We look forward to having you and your family visit with us again.
accomac
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my second year staying here. The first night there and the next morning my daughter woke with what looked like mosquito bites. Well we didn't focus on it, but then the 2nd night she experienced it again. Well needless to say it was a bed bug that was found on the pull out sofa. We had to leave because I wasn't going to remain there in that type of condition. I had to look fir another motel. Yes my money was refunded, but if 1 room had bedbugs I can only imagine what the rest of the rooms had. Oh and by the way the manager stated it was a carpet beetle. In spite of all of this the mansger was very cooperative.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tania T
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We promptly respond to all complaints from our guests. Although we refunded your party, we still contacted our Orkin representative. He inspected your suite and found no evidence of bed bugs or carpet beetles. We have had the room treated by them for preventative maintenance regardless, because we take all complaints very seriously.
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Front desk service was really nice and house keeper; Helena kept the place nice and clean for us. Walking distance from the beach and shopping centers. It was our first time staying there and had a good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Molly K
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments especially regarding Helena. She has been a welcome addition to our staff and does try hard to please each guest.
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We needed a hotel for a weekend in June last minute. Cayman Suites had a great deal for three nights. We arrived early to beat traffic and just stopped by to verify check in time. The young man at the front desk took my cell number to call when the room was ready and we were able to get in our room two hours early. The room was clean and staff was excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dgibbs8264
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Years ago, we were firm with our check in time of 3pm. However, lines would form into the parking lot, guests resented it, and desk clerks were more susceptible to mistakes. Housekeeping carts on walkways while guests are checking in is not a perfect setting but it has enabled us to speed up the check in process and make everyone happier!