“Will certainly come back and stay here”
Review of Cayman Suites

Cayman Suites
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Conveniently located and very affordable. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are set up perfect with all the amenities needed for either a short or long stay. Some basic maintenance could be made better ie: towel racks, door locks. Overall its still a very nice place

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank ravenfinatic

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have been to Ocean City for many, many years. This is our first stay with Cayman Suites. Well, what a nice place! Being a suite there is a seperate living area and bedroom. The hotel has thought of many little things that make the stay a little more special, microwave popcorn, 6 pack of soda, a kite for the beach, free use of beach chairs & towels, not to mention the coffee/tea in the lobby whenever you want it. We were very pleased with the room, staff, and will be returning! Not a long walk to the beach, resturants in the area such as McDonalds, Dumsers and more.You won't be dissapointed with your stay at Cayman Suites!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise as the balconys are located on the Coastal Highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gram1958
Reviewed September 12, 2012

After reading other reviews prior to out trip I was concerned to the point of cancelling the reservation. After deciding to give it a shot I was pleasantly surprised. While not fancy, it provides clean rooms, and all advertised amenities. Beach access is great. Pool is ok. Nothing fancy. Staff was friendly and helpful.

2  Thank 05andrew01
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Have stayed here before, but not recently. It is not an upper class hotel but it is very nice. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Rooms are all suites with BR and LR with kitchenette. Kitchen is small (under counter fridge, cooktop but no oven, small microwave) but enough to get by with. Great locationat the quieter end of OC. The indoor pool is nice if you have kids. Got a midweek package off-season that has to be the best deal on the beach.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend trip. The motel is not new and is not a premiere resort property by any stretch of the imagination. What you do get is a reasonably priced suite that is oceanside and is more than adequate especially for those on a budget. The room was the same as I have experienced with most beach motels. I can only imagine trying to maintain carpets, bedding, and bathrooms in an environment with sand, salt, and humidity is a big task. The staff here does a great job in maintaining the rooms in an acceptable state. The staff were all very friendly. From the time we checked in until we departed we were greeted by staff members anytime we saw them. This included the desk staff, housekeeping, and maintenance personnel. Each and every one of them extended a greeting and a few words in passing. There were minor cosmetic issues with the room, but at this price and with a property of this age that can be expected. All in all, we got a suite with two double beds, a sleep sofa, and kitchenette for a very reasonable price within easy walking distance to the beach. The biggest complaint was the mattresses. They were very soft and offered little support. We did not get the best nights sleep for the two nights we were there. Overall we had a good experience and will lilkely stay here again in the future.

3  Thank Dana H
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at Cayman Suites in Ocean City for over 20 years, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in O.C. The staff is friendly, the proximity to the beach is very convenient, and the suites are clean and well equipped. The suites are furnished with everything you need for your stay. The kitchette has plates, dinnerware, and cookware for 4, along with a 2 burner stove, microwave, coffee maker (with coffee), and a mini fridge with a 6 pack of coke. Each suite also has two televisions and two phones. There's also a free ice machine on the third floor.The only caution I would give, is unless you like the roar of motorcycles, avoid staying during The Bike Week Celebration...the noise from the motorcycles traveling up and down Costal Hwy can disturb your sleep then.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike H
MTEastman, Owner at Cayman Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We appreciate your loyalty. And your candid comments about the noise from the motorcycles during Bike Week is also understood. We try to inform non motorcycle enthusiasts about the noise before booking a reservation on that particular weekend but some decide to experience it anyway! We look forward to having you visit with us in 2013.
Mary Eastman
Owner

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed here before and been satisfied with the facility. This time I was a bit disappointed with the check in process as folks seemed a little disinterested with helping me. I arrived early and really didn't expect to get right in but was hopeful that I might get lucky...not to be. When I finally did get my room the toilet was not working. I was told they would send someone with a plunger. The idea of plunging the toilet for 3 days didn't appeal to me and I requested another room. I was told the hotel was fully booked so there was nothing to be done but wait for the plunger. I eventually talked with the manager and he effortlessly moved me to another room a few doors away. One shouldn't have to "fight" to get a room with everything working. The rest of the stay was pleasant and I've been happy with the facility and its location.

1  Thank Donna C

I admire your spunk. Sure, we all want to get lucky. It is perfectly OK to stop at the front desk when you arrive, obtain your parking permit, and even pay your balance if there is one. Occasionally, the room is ready but, when it is not, we obtain a cell number and call you when it is ready. I am sorry for the inconvenience of the toilet, am sure that it was most likely readily correctable, but grateful that the manager relocated you withour too much delay. Thanks for sharing your checkin day. It can make or break a vacation experience. Thankfully, you and your family were able to enjoy your stay.
Mary Eastman