Castle in the Sand Hotel
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$67
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$59
$74
$130
$117
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$104
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$255
$211
Hilton.com
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$58
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$218
$170
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsdiving boardwaverly castlecoconuts bar and grillthe cottagesbeach servicebreakfast buffetbeach barocean frontlive entertainmenthuge poolfirst floorceiling fanfull kitchenconvention centeroff seasoncoffee makeroceanfront room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We had a room in the Waverly building.

PROs:
The room was a pretty good size, a little larger than usual.
Had a VCR/DVD player
Had a small refrigerator (had a stove,microwave too, but we did not use)
Good access to the beach
Bar waitress gives service on the beach.
Very nice pool and clean.

CONS:
The rooms definitely need updating. For the price, I expected a little more updated. We had a window in our room that was so old, the glass was pulled away from the molding. (a safety hazard with kids).
Carpet was dirty in our room.
Like others have stated, the outdoor lounge music is pretty loud. We were okay because our room was far enough away, but if we had a room close to the lounge, I would have asked to move.

I think if the hotel invested in some upgrades, it could be a very nice place.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank ddbalto
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Great location steps from the beach, wonderful pool. Loud DJ music till 10pm made it difficult to even stay in our room, which was overlooking the restaurant area - fine if you want to party, too. The kicker was the stained sheets provided for the pull-out couch. Would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Roadtrip22
Reviewed August 9, 2007

We stayed here the first week of July. I got an awesome deal on Ocean City's Travel site, we booked 3 nights for around $570 total, a great deal. We arrived to the hotel a bit early, but were greeted warmly and allowed to check in early. The hotel is a group of 3 buildings. They are a bit older, but clean and well kept on the outside. We stayed in the Waverly building. We got an effiency ocean front room with 2 double beds and a balcony. The room was just great, very clean and very up to date. They provided soaps and lotions and even had a little bottle of dish detergent in the kitchen. The little kitchenette was stocked with dishes and utensils, pretty much everything you needed to do a little cooking. The room also had a dvd/vcr player which was kind of neat. The beach front was amazing, honestly Ocean City is one of the cleanest beaches I have ever been on, it was so nice. The hotel had a great little restaurant with outdoor eating and live music which was kind of neat. Overall this was a great place for the money and I would definitely stay here again!

5  Thank vanomad
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I have been staying at Castle in the Sand for years and have always had an enjoyable time. This vacation was no different. The front desk employees were very pleasant, and even called me on my cell phone to let me know when my room was ready. The call came as I was basking on the beach, having a drink the beach waitress brought me. The hotel has an outdoor bar/grill (restaurant) and the waitresses also come down to the beach to serve you whatever you want from their huge menu (food and drinks). They have the best burgers in Ocean City at the best prices. During the day and early evening, they provide live entertainment. We never did get around to playing volleyball, but the court is nice to have at the hotel. And next to the outdoor bar/grill is a separate area with additional lounge chairs and tables. And taking our luggage and other bags up to our room was a breeze with the carts provided and the quick elevator. Being in a hotel on the beach is the best – only a few steps away from the ocean. Another nice thing about the Castle is their olympic size swimming pool. I never felt crowded at the pool, and my husband enjoyed diving off the diving board. And there were plenty of lounge chairs at the pool. Another nice thing about this hotel is their guests – the guests staying at the hotel are very friendly – a very friendly atmosphere. The Penthouse rooms are big, and have a small fridge, which was just enough for us. And a beautiful view of the ocean! Oh, and on nights that you are too tired to go anywhere, you can hang out at the outdoor bar. The outdoor bar staff are extremely friendly.

7  Thank EllenTBO
Reviewed July 26, 2007

We took a long weekend after July 4th to visit with my cousin who goes to College in Maryland. We stayed 3 nights/4days at the Castle in the Sand. I used TripAdvisor to make my decision on where to stay. My husband, son (4 yrs), daughter (7 months) and myself had our own standard room. 2 double beds, mini fridge, bathroom, tv, table and chairs, in room safe and coffee maker. The room was clean. No balcony. With the baby we used the coffee maker to make bottles and I cleaned her stuff in the bathroom sink. We made due. The prices were a tad higher than we would have liked for what we got, but it was considered a holiday weekend. We used the pool and the beach. They offer poolside and beach food service. There is also an outdoor restaurant and bar. We did not eat at the hotel. The hotel is on the beach which is nice. We walked to breakfast. Very convenient hotel. My cousins had their own room with no issues. Recommend for people with kids. On site parking also.

8  Thank betchette