I was pleasantly surprised with the Castle In the Sand Hotel. I try to stay in the "big" name hotels where ever I go any place but choose this small hotel because it was right on the beach (they have a bay side too) and it was very affordable - under $300 a night which for the view we had - was awesome.
I made the reservation on line - but called with a few requests - and they honored all of them , i.e. no smoking, second floor, ocean side, small efficiency room, extra pillows, etc. It was very inviting from the moment I pulled up to the lobby. Very nice "castle like" decor - about 10 blocks off the boardwalk which is the perfect location. WE did not want to stay on the boardwalk due to noise but we also wanted to be close enough to the action. The trolley runs up and down the main strip and for $2.00 you can ride all day back and forth! Lots of great restaurants too and many within walking distance.
I was impressed the the cleanliness of the grounds, the rooms, the hallways, etc. The people working there were pleasant and there always seemed to be someone sweeping, or cleaning, or working to keep the place looking nice.
They also had 2 restaurants - an outside one with music and a bar..food very good right on the beach. the kids were in the sand a few feet away playing volley ball and we wer having lunch watching them. And then they have a restaurant with buffet breakfast and buffet dinner. Very reasonable too. Food very good.
There were kids activities each day, a wonderful pool, and everything was just a short walk - from the pool to the restaurant, to the beach, back to the room, etc..
They also have a secure parking lot.
It was also very quiet at night and the efficiency - however small - was perfect to make the kids something quick to eat, coffee in the morning, popcorn for them at night, etc. We had a lovely balcony which overlooked the ocean!
I absolutely would stay there again - and look forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md