“Great Service”

Castle in the Sand Hotel
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Stayed at this property in 2006 and booked this year too. The service desk is very helpful and kind. The rooms, while being outdated, are very clean and comfortable. The mattresses were very comfortable and the linens clean. We had a kitchen and it was well stocked and super clean too. The bathroom was also super clean and had everything anyone could need. At this time of year, an Ocean front room with living room, bedroom and kitchen--also a balcony at the Senior rate goes for 64 a night or less. Will book again. Great trip!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oceanWheeling_WV

Reviewed September 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed September 16th through the 18th. There was road construction on 38th Street which began before 7 am and ended after 4 pm - while we understand that the hotel has no control over situations as this - to have them tell us to call the township/county and complain was not the response we expected. Some kind of accomodation should have been made by the hotel for this horrible inconvenience in being forced awake at such an early hour while on vacation. I feel a free drink or discount on food would have been a good gesture on their part. The manager never got back to us. Very bad customer relations in our experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2008

This was my third stay at Castle in the Sand. Between girlfriend getaways and family trips, I am in OC about three times a year. Last summer I discovered Castle because it was the most affordable for the best location. We now stay here every time.

Reasons why I now continue to come back:

-Location, location, location! It's walking distance to Seacrets and it's in the heart of OC.
-Most affordable oceanview balcony rooms I've found.
-It's on the beach.
-It has live music during happy hour at the outdoor bar and restaurant, Coconuts.
-It has beach waitress service.
-The menu at Coconuts is affordable and tasty and grilled right there outside by the restaurant. I recommend the jerk chicken wrap.

After staying in many, many different hotels in Ocean City, and sometimes finding myself in a complete dump or paying outlandish prices for hotels that aren't even 3 stars, you will always know that this hotel will be clean, competitively priced and have the basic amenities for a weekend in OC. Don't expect a Hilton, but if you're not a prima donna, then you'll be happy here.

We went this past Sept 6th weekend and the prices couldn't be beat the weekend after Labor Day weekend. The weather is still nice and the traffic is better. Our room was clean and comfortable. I had made a small room block of four rooms for my husband and his friend's big birthdays and so we were all next to each other. When we arrived, there were two Castle in the Sand baseball hats and bday cards for each of them waiting for us! What a nice touch. Patricia is the manager there and is great. I've stayed here before and she now knows us. She sent me a beach bag that is now my favorite and I take on all my trips.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
5  Thank tifgmu2003
Reviewed September 13, 2008

This was our first trip to Ocean City Maryland, and we couldn't have found a nicer place to stay.
To begin with, the staff was so friendly when I called to book the room and when I called to ask questions before we went. This continued at check in and for our entire our stay.
In addition, our room was beautiful. We were told the room had a great view of the ocean, and a great view it was. Facing directly to the beach, we could watch the sun rise from our room or balcony. The room was very clean (and yes we are picky) and the maid service was wonderful. Being beach lovers, we enjoyed the convenience of walking right down to the beach each day.
We have traveled a lot and would love returning to the Castle in the Sand Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NewJerseyBeachlovers
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We got a great price on a last minute stay at Castle in the Sand. The reviews seemed to be more on the positive side, so we gave it a shot. It's a great location and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was huge, but looked like something straight out of the 70s. Everything is really old and worn down. The kitchen was fully stocked with a full size fridge, sink, microwave and toaster. The A/C is in the living room, so the bedroom did not cool down. I was fine with the place until I took a shower - there were 3 clumps of someone else's hair in there, the shower curtain was not clean and there were all sorts of different colored mold. That was my biggest turn off. Other than that, plenty of parking that you can stay in after checkout, huge pool and perfect walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uklkb
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Booked our stay through the Hot Deals area on the hotel's website. Received a great rate on an ocean front penthouse room, which was even better than described on the website.

Staff was very friendly and courteous. Room was clean and spacious. The view was great!

Though checkout time was at 11, we were permitted to leave our car in the lot all day, as well as use the pool and changing facilities before heading home.

Waitress service on the beach and at the pool - the drinks were great!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jwc123
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We stayed in the north tower on the 3rd floor and had a great view. The room does need some updating but the beds were comfortable and the tv has MANY channels. Our room had a small kitchen area that was just enough. The bathroom is very small but the shower head is awesome! The staff is very polite and we were allowed to check-in at 10:30am. That was very accomodating to our day. We loved the live music at Coconuts (the outside hotel restaurant), happy hour and beachside and poolside food and beverage service. The boardwalk ends around 27th and the hotel is on 37th so that gives you an idea of how far the two are. Overall, our stay was great and relaxing! I would go back again. Oh, Phillips seafood on 21st was very yummy!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple