We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel for a special event. Due to the high volume of incoming guests, I had to circle the buildings twice before I could park to check-in. This was entirely understandable. The staff was very friendly, and having two on-site restaurants is very convenient. We did walk to the boardwalk, so it can be done, but I wouldn't recommend with small children. There was one elevator in our building so it was a wait at times, but that's not uncommon at the beach; likewise the building shows the typical wear & tear for its age. The parking was gated and we felt safe on the premises. Nice pool with diving board. My biggest issue was the room itself: the AC unit had a very strong urine-like odor (to the point that we didn't bother with it but thankfully the weather was comfortable so the sea breeze was pleasant). Also, the bathtub drained very slowly and I discovered the drain was so clogged with hair and gunk that the water couldn't go down very well. I'm a mom of 4 boys and not a stranger to gross bathrooms but with the help of some TP I tried to pull some of the gunk out (gross, I know) but really didn't get much more than a handful - the rest wouldn't budge. Even with daily maid service we had no Kleenex and only 1 1/2 rolls of TP; with 4 people during allergy season we were scrimping as much as possible, which annoyed me for the money I spent on the room. The kitchen was well stocked with amenities - perfect for families. Also, it was very quiet - the hotel in right on the beach, away from traffic, and the only time we heard noise is when the outside bar/restaurant was open but we liked the tropical music - added to the beach feel. All in all I would go back but I will bring Kleenex and Drano next time!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premiere direct oceanfront family resort with desirable location on two blocks sun-kissed beach. Guest amenities include free wireless internet, Olympic pool with diving board, sand volleyball court, beach equipment rentals on-site, free kid’s activities, and live entertainment daily in season. Beach House dining offers a la carte breakfast and buffet breakfast daily. Coconuts Beach Bar offers open-air beachfront patio dining. Waitress service on our beach and pool deck. Take A Dip Ice Cream Shop open Memorial Day thru Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Castle in the Sand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle In The Sand Hotel Ocean City
- Castle In The Sand Ocean City Md