When booking a place to stay a friend once told me “beware of anything that has Motel or Inn in the title.” At that time I couldn’t really agree that her motto was true however after staying with this motel in late August with my kids, I totally see the reasoning in her motto. The room looked liked something out of a horror movie, The paint on the walls were pale pink, the carpet was just as dreary and the ceiling had water stains so bad that the kids screamed to be changed to another room. I called the front desk to explain the condition of the room and was told they could move me for one night but I would have to come back to the room the next day. I couldn’t really see the reasoning for that and as I was residing to put up with the hole in the wall I rented for a week, front desk sent maintenance up to survey the room. Once they got a look and smell I was moved to a new room but guess my shock when the new room mirrored the old room. I knew then that this was all the motel had to offer so why complain. I booked this trip as part of my son’s 12th birthday present and I was honestly expecting a nice little room that stood close to the beach at least that’s what the reviews described. I read reviews expecting to get the skinny on a place before I book and for the most part reviews are helpful but I’m finding it truer that places with Inn or Motel have very low quality despite some reviews exclaiming it’s nice for the price. According to the reviews for the Flamingo it’s a nice place for kids, it has an heated indoor pool, and the rooms are suitable for the price however, The design of the place is extremely flawed nothing is connected, the pool is indoor but not heated plus it’s a long walk across a public parking lot to get to it and of course the rooms are disgusting. The one true thing the reviews boast about is the closeness of the beach. If you get the right room you can see the beach and it’s literally a few feet away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Flamingo Motel offers affordable lodging in Ocean City, MD. We have 3 Ocean View Buildings that includes standard rooms as well as kitchenettes and suites. We also have an indoor and outdoor pool. All our rooms have a microwave and a small fridge, free wifi, and a 32 inch flat screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Motel Ocean City Md
- Flamingo Ocean City
- Flamingo Hotel Ocean City