“Bar Service Made Us Think We Were on "What Would You Do?"”
Review of 32 Palm

32 Palm
Ranked #171 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We decided to keep it simple and stay in the hotel for dinner. Our server was very pleasant and asked for our drink orders.

My wife asked for a gimlet and was told, apologetically, "the bartender doesn't do gimlets." Huh? Why not? She settled for an on-the-rocks drink, I think out if shock.

I ordered a VO Manhattan and got a bright pink drink in an old-fashioned glass. When I asked what it was, our server assured us it was a manhattan but "the bartender justs makes it with cherry juice." Again, huh? Why? I tasted no sweet vermouth. What kibd of Manhattan recipe is that? With dinner we asked for a glass of cabernet from the limited wine menu. Our server returned to say that was not available because "the bartender had sent it back." What does THAT mean? Note to the Harrison folks who manage this place - better review your bartending staff soon!

Dinner was a mixed bag. Salads were good, my entree, Chicken Cabo, was as described and pretty good. My wife had a nicely cooked filet paired with "scary" inedible shrimp that tasted old. Our server was pleasant and efficient throughout the meal, to her credit.

We won't be back for dinner.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I ordered a dirty martini. When I got it, it was like drinking straight olive juice. So I asked my husband to return it because it taste horrible. He took it to the bartender telling her i didnt like it and she basically got offended. He asked her for a vodka cranberry and orange juice. When she came to the table she slammed my drink down and walked away. To top it off she didn't even make what he asked her for!! Can you say rude? She needs to go! One more thing she and another started chewing down their dinner behind bar in front of guest! Not cool...

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Don't eat or drink here. You'll get better service elsewhere. Staff are oblivious to customers needs. I'm a bartender and I was appalled at the lack of caring or interest in customers. Staff spent most time in kitchens!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Between packing for repairs on our Ocean City property and packing for the sale of our New York City co-op my wife and I spent two seperate periods as guests at the new Hilton in Ocean City one in January and other in February. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant 32 Palm and it was your standard hotel breakfast. We did however have two excellent dinners at the hotel, I had a mixed seafood over rice one evening and my wife had a Chicken chesapeake. Both were above average and on our second outing, I had two very good lump crabcakes while my wife enjoyed a perfectly done medium rare duck breast. Appertizers and desert were also very good. The food is a bit on the expensive side but well worth it. One big plus is the management. 32 Palm is run by the Harrison group who have for many years owned and managed some of Ocean City's best restaurants including the highly rated French accented American restaurant Reflections considered by many to be among the best of Delmarva..

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The dinner was ok. The breakfast was served in a rush and was very cold. NO extra service for the breakfast. I did not feel like a customer at breakfast more like a number.