“Careless Servers, Don’t Come With Kids”
Review of Mother's Cantina

Mother's Cantina
Ranked #32 of 491 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Don't bother coming here unless you want to your vacation or day ruined by carelessness. Tonight I went to dinner here with my husband, two teenage daughters, and infant daughter. When the food came out, the server dropped their inferno hot sauce right next to where my infant daughter was sitting and the sauce went everywhere - on the baby and her clothes, my clothes, the car seat, my bag, my husband and on one of my daughter's. And that was what we could see in the dim lighting. Thank God I didn't order the fajitas.

To make matters worse, the server got a rag and simply covered the sauce with the rag as opposed to cleaning up the mess she made. To add insult to injury, the manager insisted on know exactly where the sauce spilled, asked to see the sauce stains on our clothing, made lame excuses for the server's carelessness and asked me what I wanted him to do about it. I went out to dinner expecting to not have to cook, clean dishes, etc. Somehow, I left this restaurant with more to do than before I stepped foot through the door. And the food is just average. Don't come here with your children.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Nancilla

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Service was exceptional. However we were not impressed with our meals. Tortillas used for the tacos were reheated and falling apart. Guacamole and chips were the best part of our meal.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 25, 2019

Long wait, below average food and very slow service, I would not go in with very high hope of eating good food. if you are drunk and its late go in, you would not care what you eating anyways,
I would not recommend it.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Everytime we go to OC this is our go to spot! Everything is delicious especially the crab soup. I also love that they have late hours. Awesome place!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

4 stars is generous, 3 wouldn’t be fair. Visited in early May, mid-week. Good drink prices during happy-hour. Had 4 different appetizers, wings, guac, quessadillas, and santa fe rolls. All were very average to good. No ill-effects. $40 got us 2 beers, a coke, a margarita, those 4 starters and the tip. Service was friendly and fast. There’s several tv’s with booths or bar stools in a dark bar-room setting, and a well sun-lit section in the front with tables.
I’d say a good place to get your money’s worth during happy-hour. Don’t expect gourmet food or a great selection of tequilla. Satisfying, nonetheless.

Date of visit: May 2019