“Limited Seating makes for Long Wait”
Review of Mother's Cantina

Mother's Cantina
Ranked #32 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was excellent. No doubt about it. However, it is more a sports bar that serves Mexican and it is very tiny. So, on a busy OC night, expect a wait. And then expect to wait some more. On the plus side, they gave my kids chips and drinks while we waited outside, but on the minus, it took an extra hour longer than they stated, meaning that we sort of ran out of time to do other things. I also would have preferred more Mexican options for the kids menu than just the usual burgers and fries.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This review is a long time coming. Wife and I visit OC every Spring and Fall for a few weekdays over the past many years. Love the daily happy hour and always order up several of the special tacos on special even when we aren't hungry. But the real reason we enjoy the place is the friendliness of a particular barmaid Susy. No matter how busy she always takes the time to talk and make us feel like regulars. She actually remembers us each time from these rare seasonal visits. She is fine young lady and an asset to Mothers.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at Mother's Cantina. I called ahead to make sure it was safe for my family to eat at the restaurant because my son has very severe food allergies. Who would've thought that the owner and chef (Ryan) answered the phone. I quickly explained that we wanted to try the restaurant, but asked if they could make it safe and avoid my son's allergens. Ryan was so accommodating and caring and told us that he would ensure everything would be safe; we had a great dinner.

I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant for anyone that loves wonderfully flavored, perfectly prepared, and higher-end Mexican food. For those suffering from food allergies, give this place a try and talk to Ryan.

The homemade chips and salsa were very tasty and the chicken fajitas topped my favorite of any other Mexican restaurant. Mother's Cantina will definitely be a regular spot for my me and my family when vacationing in Ocean City!

Highly Recommend.

To Summarize:

Pros: Allergy Friendly, Great Food, Clean, Caring Owner/Chef Friendly Staff

Cons (very minor): Dim lighting

1  Thank zerobeer
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staying local at 30th, not expecting to go here, the weather drove us to something local. The host had the wait wrong, the bench seating can be rough on your butt. Saving grace is the food. Nachos, quesadillas and tacos were superb. Service excellent, drinks excellent. It is not much to look at but it deserves the high ratings it gets.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were ready for a change after days of seafood and bar grub. Visited for the first time, although 2 in our party had gotten carry out there last year. The Staff are so friendly and would update you during your wait(which for us was only15 minutes). Started out with the queso and chips.....truly heavenly! With the chips, we had margaritas' and draft beer....excellent accompaniment. Our entrees were (flounder) fish tacos, chicken quesidilla, black bean queso burrito, and chicken fajitas. Every dish was perfectly prepared, and truly delicious. The Servers all help out with your table, giving the appearance of a well choreographed ballet. I went there expecting not much more than a Taco Bell, but was pleasantly surprised! Will definitely put this on my roster of favorite OC restaurants!

1  Thank InternationalSuz