“Typical Ocean City Hotel”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lancaster, PA
“Typical Ocean City Hotel”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We have stayed at the Grand Hotel in Ocean City several times our a numerous annual trips to OCMD. The Grand is basically your average hotel within the area. It is nice and it is clean. The hotel is also in a great location on the quiet end of the boardwalk. This area is nice as it isn't as busy nor loud versus the lower end of the boardwalk with all the games and stores. The beds are comfortable and there is somewhat of a view from any of the rooms. There is also a parking garage which is nice to hopefully keep your car safe from the elements and others. The staff are nice but not unforgetable. It can be a bit pricey in the high season but is a steal in the winter time when you just need a quiet break. To put it in frank terms. This hotel is nice and comfortable. It will meet and exceed your basic needs for a room but if you are looking for something more upscale than I would recommend looking at the hilton or renting a private condo.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YoungBuckTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Perryville, MD
Reviewed October 10, 2009

This place was great! My husband and I stayed here at the end of September on a mid-week madness special. It was worth the drive! Our room had a great view, we got a dinner coupon worth $60. The coffee shop was open all night, which was perfect for us night owls. The girls at the front desk were so much fun. They let us know about all the spots locals go to have fun. We can not wait to come back!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank belleno
Altoona, Pa
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The Grand has great, spacious rooms with a microwave & a small refrigerator… but BRING YOUR OWN UTENSILS & DISHES since they are not provided.. Don’t burn microwave popcorn, or it is a $250.00 fine if you set off the fire alarm. (a sign warned us about that, so we were careful) The parking garage is only 7 ft high at the Grand and our motorcycle trailor is higher than that, but we got a great parking spot in the outside parking lot ! The checkin went smoothly & the manager was very accomodating in getting our party of 6 on the same floor. The Grand is very close to Fishtails , which is a great hangout during Delmarva Bike Week. After spending time there, we would walk back to the Grand & watch the bikers drive by while on the 2nd floor pool deck overlooking the street. My only complaint is that our bed was too hard for my taste (I'm used to my foam mattress at home) I. had to use extra pillows for cushioning
. Room .717 had a great view of the 90th st Bridge (which looked beautiful at night with the lights shining from the bridge) & a good view of the beach.
We had a great time at the Grand.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank HarleygirlCB
GrandManager, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2009
The Grand Hotel loves bike week too! We are glad that you chose our hotel during Delmarva Bike Week and we appreciate your feedback.
Hope to see you again soon!
Sykesville Maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Good staff, lots of amenities. B U T... Where there would normally be a sofa or an easy chair with a lamp, there was a great big space! I went to the desk to inquire about the policy of no comfortable chair. She said each room was the same. I found that hard to believe. I told her that I have been all over the world and have never seen a hotel room without some kind of chair to relax and read the paper. Next day, I peeked in some other rooms being cleaned. She was right. This may be a petty nit pick but I was very dissatisfied.
These folks charge up to $329 per night for the room I was in. Disclaimer, I stayed off season rate of $100. My bottom line, never again

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RayfromCarrollCounty
Hazy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This past summer my boyfriend and I stayed at the Grand for the first time. When we arrived it was such a relief to see how great the hotel was. It was really clean and had a beautiful lobby (Last year we stayed at the Howard Johnson oceanfront which was awful, this is why I said that the Grand was a relief). The hotel room was recently updated and had a huge Jacuzzi which was a great way to relax at night from the busy boardwalk. The hotel had great views not matter where u were. Although the rooms were a bit pricey, it is very typical for any hotel in Ocean City in the summer. Having stayed at a few different hotels in Ocean City, I'd have to say the Grand is the best yet. My ONLY complaint was the hotel's breakfast place. They advertised it as a buffet but it wasn't and it was very over-priced with a small selection. However, there are so many restaurants nearby so it was really no big deal. I would definitely recommend the Grand to anyone, and we are already starting to talk about next year's trip to Ocean City and the Grand!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SBethOfPenna
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we are also proud of our FANTASTIC housekeeping team! They really are the best in OC. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 14, 2009

This is an older hotel, however, it has undergone a renovation. I've stayed at this hotel three years in a row now, mostly because of the price. Nice hotels in Ocean City are just TOO EXPENSIVE! This hotel is somewhat over priced as well. But it is the nicest hotel in its price range in Ocean City. Everything about this hotel is average. In past years, it was not as clean as my stay this past summer. But is was very clean this summer. The rooms are okay. Almost all have ocean views. They are also a nice size. The balconies are very old. The internet service was SHOTTY at best.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank kittenjd2b
Maryland
Reviewed September 14, 2009

This place has gone down hill seen opening. I have stayed a few times and this one will probably be the last. Our 11th floor room with a great view smelled a lot like shunk and the open closet floor was wet. After telling the staff twice with any response, one of the workers told us the roof leaks. It was presented to me as one of the best and newly renovated rooms. Oh, well... We moved to the smoking floor. That room had no classes or coffee cups or extra pillow like the first room. The kitchen lighting was dim and the balony door was a best to open. Both rooms need a good vacuuming.

Stayed September 2009