“Definitely Worth a Visit”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The location is great. It is right on the boardwalk. The beach is fabulous. The only thing it didn't have was a hot tub. Everything else is there. The rooms were great. Ours had a microwave and refrigerator. It was spacious and had a work area for our computer. The staff was great. They were really helpful with what to do in the area. There are places to eat in the hotel. There is a spa and a sauna. We had an ocean view room. From the balcony we had a great view.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb48664
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You are correct, we do not have a hot tub in the hotel. However, the hotel does have rooms on the 12th floor with Jacuzzi tubs. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel & Spa

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight in a king Jacuzzi room. The room was incredible. The indoor pool was crystal clear and the balcony view from the 12th floor was amazing. The one thing that stands out is the one young lady at the front desk. April was the most accommodating and pleasant young lady. She helped us figure a dining place and called a couple places to check for us for open places. Her personality is a total asset to the Grand Hotel. Hang onto this girl. She is awesome.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thomas m

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay and our staff! April is certainly an asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along the praise. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Ocean City area!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is our only choice for an OC getaway. The staff is SO accommodating. The garage makes parking a breeze. The jacuzzi room makes for a perfect romantic evening (even comes with candles). Every room has a view of that gorgeous ocean that we all love. The coffee shop has been redecorated & looks beautiful. It is so convenient having the coffee shop, pizza shop, ice cream shop, & bar right in the hotel. Have I mentioned the indoor pool? I definitely recommend the Grand to anyone who wants to have a great time in a beautiful spot while staying in a great hotel!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are a great deal for those who want to soak away the cares of the work week,
1  Thank Bob O
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to give us a fantastic review! We take great pride in our staff here at the hotel, and I will be sure to pass along the praise. I am very glad that you took full advantage of all our great amenities our hotel has to offer. The heated indoor pool is very convenient and relaxing, especially at this chilly time of year! Again, on behalf of myself and the entire team of The Grand Hotel & Spa in Ocean City, thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing such a great review, and we welcome you back any time.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Grand for a long weekend getaway. I was a bit wary with the tone of some reviews but my mind was put at ease shorty after we arrived. The staff and check in were fast and friendly. The room was as it should be for a beach front hotel. Parking is free and easy and the boardwalk runs direclty in front of the hotel.We left the sliding door open to hear the roar of the waves al night long.
The front desk staff gave us a late check out ( no extra charge )
Overall a very nice hotel for the $ I would recomend it to my friends....

William & Colleen
New York

2  Thank fglawihio
Kara S, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with all aspects of your stay. We work hard to ensure your complete satisfaction, and look forward to doing so again next year!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in early September. Beautiful view and large room. Beds were hard as a rock. Balconies are shared, which was kind of weird. Twice we came back to the room at or after 4:00 pm, and the room had not been serviced yet. On our last evening there, when we try to use the TV (which was very outdated), we found it no longer worked. Apply check out the next morning I advised the desk staff of this. Four days later I was called by someone at the hotel who accused us of breaking the TV and expecting us to pay for it. I was outraged! I told when the TV last worked, and when we found a broken. Again she tried to accuse me of breaking the TV and wanting me to pay for it. At that point I told her to check with housekeeping as we did not break the TV. I never heard a word back on this issue. Fortunately, I received any mail from the hotel asking for my feedback shortly thereafter. The feedback was given, the desk manager investigated the incident, and advised me that they had found out how the TV was broken. Do you think I'll stay there again? Never again.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms have a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy M

Hi again Tammy, firstly, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write the review and that we do value all feedback from our guests both, positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and develop as a property. As stated in my previous email conversation with you, we are deeply sorry someone accused you of breaking the TV without further investigating the situation first. The TV screen was actually smashed somehow and we have yet to determine how this happened, but we did realize it was not from you or the other guests in your room. I do hope that you treat this incident as an exception. Although you have mentioned that you would not return to the Grand Hotel & Spa, I do hope you reconsider and allow us the opportunity to show you our normally high standards

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first trip to OC. Staying on the 11th floor (middle) allows you to sit on the balcony, have a cup of coffee and experience the most beautiful sunrises.The hotel is on the boardwalk, but far enough from the "main" part of the boardwalk to experience calm. It's the equivalent of a few blocks walk to get to the "heart" of the boardwalk. This location is very quiet (at least in October). The staff at the hotel was very nice and accommodating. The rooms are dated, and not as clean as I'd like, but having the ability to go to sleep and wake up to the sounds of crashing waves and sea gulls was fabulous. (There are sliding glass doors to the balcony that we left open all night.) It sits directly on the boardwalk, and is literally steps and you're in the sand.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th, but any room (on any floor) from "6 - 15" you will have a spectacular...
2  Thank Mary Ann W
Kara S, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Isn't it amazing being able to take some time out and enjoy our beautiful city? For those of us who live here we sometimes take it for granted. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the amazing parts of Ocean City that are just steps from our door, and we are so pleased about that. We are delighted that you found our location to be perfect and we are in the planning process for renovations so when you return we hope you will find your accommodations to be perfect as well. Thank you so much for your review!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hotel & Spa for a conference this past weekend and what a nightmare. Stayed here last year and since then things have went from bad to worse. Our room was on the 2nd floor beachfront, the room was dirty, wallpaper and baseboard peeling off the wall, black mold under the wallpaper (a health hazard) bath too small, no wifi service. We had to move to another room after complaining 3 days about this, only after a found a caring staff member to help me, April Mapp, she is by far the best asset this hotel has. During the conference breakfast was served to us and it was late and cold. The staff did not clean the conference room or take out the trash from one day to the next. Oh and last but not least, air vent on 2nd floor blowing into hall was full of bird feathers and every time you walked by they blew out into your face. Disgusting, dirty hotel, what a shame!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 2nd floor oceanfront especially if you have a breathing problem due to the mold a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dawn L
Kara S, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us, Miss Small. I apologize that you had to experience these inconveniences while you were here. When you came to the Front Desk to make us aware of the issues Nina, our Revenue Manager, gave you complimentary breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience and then we immediately moved you to a different room that was up to our normal high standards. I will most definitely recognize April for a job well done and we thank you for your kind words regarding her. She is absolutely a valued employee. Once again, I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory, but we hope to see you next year again for the convention.