“Grandview Hotel Has it All”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Dawson, PA
“Grandview Hotel Has it All”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I recently visited the Grandview Hotel in OC, We got a ocean view room on the 11th floor which was OK. We requested being moved to the direct center of the hotel so I could take some photographs and view the sunrise over the ocean. When someone checked out they graciously gave us the room we had stayed in at least 3 times before.
As soon as we walked through the door and looked at the ocean, and we saw dolphins swimming around in the ocean. The next morning we saw a wedding on the beach. Because we were on the 10th floor we had a birds eye view. That just made the start of a beautiful vacation. We loved the view, the courteous friendly staff, and even the maids were so sweet and friendly and the rooms were clean. You won't be disappointed if you stay at this hotel...Linda K from PA

Room Tip: Choose a higher room in the center of the hotel for the best view.
1 Thank Linda15428
Kara S, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for all of your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! It is rewarding to find out that the hospitality, the friendliness of our team, and the spectacular views made your holiday very special. See you next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice facility. Friendly, courteous staff. Rooms were spacious and clean. Furnishings could use a little updating (a bit worn, no flat screens) but well equipped (microwave, iron, fridge) and right on the beach. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Henry S
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with the aspects of your stay! All of our staff are truly valued members of our team and we are delighted to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next vacation!
Elkton, MD
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for a September weekend. We both noticed that the room looked somewhat worn and shabby. The fitted sheets were pulling off the bed due to old elastics. The furniture had many dents and dings, with missing finish strips on the sides of drawers missing. The resin chairs on the balcony did not match each other, as if they were picked up at a yard sale.Noise from the adjacent rooms was disturbing. The box springs were very creaky and the bed not very comfortable. We did not feel we got the value of $200 per night.
Ice machines are located on the even numbered floors, so if you are on an odd floor, you have to ride the elevator.
The coffee shop - open 24 hours - does not have all their selections available all day. We wanted bagels for an early start on the last day, but they were not to arrive until 7 AM (so we were told). we did not wait to see if that was true, and got something else.
It is a shame to see this hotel get into this condition. We have stayed here before and were quite pleased.

Room Tip: The hotel is designed to give ocean views from the great majority of rooms, so paying for a "di...
1 Thank Karen M
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its’ entire team for your stay. We are aware that we are in need of renovations and we plan on making necessary changes during our off-season when it is not so busy. Although our goal is for each guest to have a wonderful stay we are always thankful for the opportunity to understand how we may improve, so we appreciate your honesty, and we hope you give us the chance to regain your trust during your next vacation to Ocean City!
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We held our Charity Event in the Grand Ballroom of the Hotel and the staff could not been more helpful. La Fabian and Anna took complete care of us from beginning to end and took over the function as if it were their own. Thanks to both of you for making our event a success! We will come back next year to do it again, because of the diligence and friendliness of a first rate staff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed the services we provided here at the hotel! We have congratulated LaFabian and Anna of a job well done, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year!
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked this hotel months ago for my family vacation. The day before we were to arrive they called to let us know we would be without hot water for a day and that they would refund us our deposit if we wanted to cancel. However they refused to give any sort of discount. I couldn't imagine where I'd find a similar hotel room at a similar price with a days notice and I wasn't going to just cancel my vacation. I'm still waiting for the manager to call me back. I left a message 6 days ago.

We decided to go anyway. The view was great but the balcony had seen better days. They also aren't very private balconies. The beds were squeaky and uncomfortable. The blankets were so disgusting they put a sheet on the bottom and the top to try to mask this. The bathroom was tiny and trying to bathe my daughter in it was a challenge. The room was a nice size though. The ac was loud and my choices were freezing cold or humid and warm. The carpet needs a good cleaning. The art is unimaginative at best.

The hotel restaurant was one of the worst experiences. People who came in after us were waited on first. We were dining with a toddler so efficient service is important to us. When the waitress finally came over to us she wasn't very pleasant. When she delivered or drinks she forgot to bring our daughter her drink. That came like 5 minutes later when she took our order. The people who came in after us were done eating before we even got our food. It took about 45 minutes from ordering time to get a greek omelet and a waffle. They were out of fruit. No apology was offered when I had to point out the problem here. I had to have them pack up our food so I could take it back to our room as our daughter was done sitting patiently in the restaurant. After an hour with no food, can you blame her?

Lastly there's the pool. After swimming for a couple minutes in their outdoor pool I decided to get out. The water was a strange consistency and it didn't smell of chlorine at all. I wish I hadn't gotten in at all now. I have a terrible rash which we believe is swimmers itch (a parasite that lives in unclean fresh water). I hope my family doesn't get it at well.

I will never stay at this hotel again and I recommend you avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Eileen B
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is older as most seem to be in OC, but is well kept up. We had an ocean front view and enjoyed the balcony in the morning and evening. The view of the beach was awesome. The pool on the backside was nice too. A great little coffee shop on the 1st floor. We also got the couples massage. A bit pricy for that but both ladies were very good.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean front, why else are you going to the beach
1 Thank Tom M
Michelle G, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other guests on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that you enjoyed with stay and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Ocean City. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you again!
Eagan, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

First day...no water. Second and third days...no hot water. Third day they shut down water entirely for 9 hours. Scoops - their ice cream store...stale cones, ice in the ice cream (that happens when it's old). Pizza Joint...SUPER salty pizza. Not good at all.

In the end - I had a terrible experience. I travel a lot for work, and I was put here for a convention, and was miserable, cold and got the worse sleep ever. Pillows were old and smelled. I don't even want to think about who put their head down on that pillow before me.

Oh - and to top it off. Not ONE day was my room serviced!

1 Thank Deb N
I am so sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay! Our hot water heater was due to be replaced on Wednesday the 11th and we contacted guests ahead of time to let them know, but we certainly did not expect it to fail before it was supposed to be replaced. We tried to get it back up and running as soon as possible, but I deeply apologize that this even occurred. Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further, I would like to take this opportunity to remedy the situation.