“another great stay”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 20, 2013

we have stayed at this hotel for three years in a row and all was great again, we will be back next year.the staff was really nice and helpful ,the indoor pool was very clean we used it a couple of times the room was really nice and we had a nice view of the ocean .we didnt spend much time at the hotel it was cruise in week but over all it was a great stay.

Room Tip: i didnt go to the spa or eat there so its hard to rate them
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BLONDIE111977
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words about your stay and our staff! We are so thrilled that you are already planning to visit us again next year! Thank you for your loyalty to the Grand Hotel & Spa and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here May 12th-15th. Chose this hotel because of location and on site amenities. Location fine but the hotel restaurant and pizza place they talk up on website are only open on weekends right now which we were not informed of prior to booking. Should at least be clearly stated on website. Front desk gave no help when called to ask questions. No room service available except on weekends. Their 24 hr coffee shop's espresso machine was broken the whole time we were there so we could only get regular coffee or tea. Balconies not private-rod iron railing between you and your neighbor. They put up tacky lattice on one side and a sheer screen on the other so you will get to know your neighbors if you both sit outside. A real shame but hotel far from up to par. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Southernbe
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Was in town this weekend for a volleyball tournament and stayed at the Grand for the 2nd consecutive year. Was given an upper floor room as requested which was a good start. When trying to venture onto the balcony, I soon discovered that I had to be as strong as atlas to open the sliding glass door. Don't know if it was off the track, but definitely a challenge. The glass on the door is in need of a cleaning or replacement as it is very "foggy'. Overall the Grand is an ok place to stay. but a weekend is enough for me. The only "real " issue I had was the price. It's not even memorial day weekend, and we payed $130 and $124 for the 2 nights. Way too much for early may when the town is hardly inhabited. Btw, our room # was 703.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank joeyc049

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that your balcony door was foggy during your most recent stay with us. Unfortunately, this is a downfall of being an oceanfront property. We are currently working on replacing the sliding glass doors in all of our guest rooms, and planning to have two more floors completed over the winter!

I am also disappointed to hear that you felt your room was too high priced. The hotel does competitively price with the other hotels in the area, and although it is still very early in the season, weekends are in very high demand in Ocean City during the spring.

We certainly hope you will give the Grand Hotel & Spa another chance to satisfy your expectations. We hope to see you again for next year’s competition!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Grand hosted my family reunion for two years. We had a wonderful time! The rooms were clean, the view was great and room service was very accommodating and fast. The beach was close, and the activities were also close, but far enough away that the noise did not disturb us after dark. After returning home in both instances, the family stated they would not mind staying there again. If I had to pick a down side, the food would be it. While good, It took a bit too long arriving to our table. Because there were so many of us, it would serve better to have more than one wait staff. Aside from that the Grand Hotel is one of the best in Ocean City. (We're going back in 2014).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie E

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us! We are delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stays over the past two years. We pride ourselves on having the cleanest rooms you will find in Ocean City! I will also forward your comments to our food & beverage department and have this further serve as a training tool for our staff. Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to seeing you again in 2014!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I reserved this hotel room a few weeks prior to our trip. Upon arrival, I noticed that the hotel lobby was pretty worn and definitely not a 4 star or even really a 3 star. We checked in and the front desk staff was not really pleasant. We were given our keys to our room. We got into the elevator and that was kind of scary. Sounded like it was going to break down at any minute. So we get to our room. I run my key through the electronic door lock and it opens. So I open the door and find that there are other peoples' belongings in the room!!!! I was stunned. Surely, we couldn't have been given keys to someone else's room upon check in. So we went back downstairs and told the front desk manager what happened. She confirmed that we were assigned to someone else's room. I promptly asked for a refund and went to another hotel. There was no way that I could feel safe in a hotel that just checked me in to someone else's hotel room!!! I would never, ever suggest to anyone to stay here. For the money, you could definitely find many other better places to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ericasf
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize for the situation that occurred during your recent check in with us. As I explained to you while you were here, there was a temporary glitch in our computer system that allowed the staff to check you into that room. This is certainly not something that is a common occurrence at the hotel; in fact, our computer system is extremely reliable and it is rare that we experience any technical issues. Despite the circumstances, we have failed you, and for this I am truly sorry. It is not our intention to ever make our guests feel as if they are not safe when staying with us, and as I mentioned, this is not the norm of the hotel.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss this matter further. We would love to invite you back so we can prove to you why we are considered Ocean City’s premier hotel on the boardwalk, and show you that this situation is not the typical behavior of the hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and have not had any complaints from those visits. The hotel is not new but they do well to try and keep it clean and looking up to date. The best thing about the hotel is the location....right on the beach and near a lot of attractions. I come here about once a year for meetings and the main ballroom/event room is average as well. I don't recall having any negative (or overly positive) contact with the staff.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank AdventureMythsJon
Nina R, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thank you for all of your kind words regarding everything from the cleanliness of your room to great location. Our goal is to provide every guest with the cleanest hotel and friendliest staff you will find in Ocean City, so I'm glad we were able to share that passion with you!

We would love for you to visit Grand Hotel & Spa again during your next visit to the Ocean City area. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Best Regards,
Nina Railean
Revenue Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been in this hotel from April 7 until April 12. We reserved through PAM's with a golf package. Poor reception: We had to visit quite a few rooms before getting something decent. Considering the hotel was practically empty, we could have had a better choice without insisting for it. We were given a room with a communicating door (very unpleasant with a noisy neighbour. We found the hotel needing room updating and improvement (efficiencies: why cupboards if no plates and ustensils?) A better reception would have helped us appreciate the hotel and our stay a little more. I would not definitely recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle G, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and share your valuable opinion with us. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you during your golf getaway. I would like to apologize that the view from your room was not to your liking; however this is currently the only room type available from the golf company at the package rate, and our oceanfront rooms do sell at a premium. We are currently working with the company to possibly add additional views to the packages due to the demand from our golfers. We are also working on completing renovations to our guest rooms. We have rooms on our 10th and 11th floors that have been recently renovated, and we will complete more rooms over next winter. I hope your most recent experience will not deter you from visiting us again in the future because we would love the opportunity to have you as a guest once again. We truly appreciate your comments. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further.