“We enjoyed our stay, hotel staff are wonderful!”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Cable, Wisconsin
“We enjoyed our stay, hotel staff are wonderful!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You have to consider that this is an older hotel right on the beach. The view is wonderful and the room was very clean. The furniture is a little scuffed up, but we did not come here for the furniture. The bed was comfortable and there were lots of towels in the bathroom.
The staff printed out directions on the computer for us, asked how our day was, and then chattted with us. They were so nice!
We will return to this hotel.

1 Thank longingforfood
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for all of your kind words regarding your stay and our staff. We pride ourselves on providing the cleanest rooms and having the friendliest staff you will find in Ocean City, MD. I am just overjoyed that we have shared our passion for service with another satisfied guest.

I see that you are already planning on returning and I hope you will continue to make the Grand Hotel and Spa your choice hotel when visiting the area. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The location of the hotel is good but once inside it all goes downhill. There is no one to help with luggage. You have to get a luggage cart, take it to your car, put your luggage on the cart, bring your things up to your room then return the cart. Meanwhile the parking garage is across the street.

My room was large BUT aside from that it was extremely depressing. The room was dark. If the old-fashioned patterned drapes are opened completely, you see all of Ocean City and all of Ocean City sees you. There were no shears to allow light to come through. The sliding glass door lock was broken so when one of the staff members opened the door, the insects flew in since there wasn't a screen door. The carpeting had ripples in it and was worn. One part of the ceiling was black. This had to be one of the worst places I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor. At 11:00 pm I could hear people yelling and laughing from the boardwalk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your accommodations and dissatisfied overall with your stay. I would like to state that we do not advertise or promote that we have a bellman or luggage attendant. However luggage assistance is provided upon request to accommodate any guest's needs. We also have 15 minute parking spots directly in front of the hotel entrance as a convenience, so guests can unload their luggage and bring it to their room.

Again I offer my sincere apologies for the condition of your room, but we are aware of the issues regarding some of our sliding glass doors and have already begun replacing some of these units. Two entire floors were replaced just this year and we will be replacing another two floors during the off season. The carpets are also stretched or replaced during this time as well.

I know that we have let you down and I can only hope you will allow us to prove our commitment to providing superior service and a memorable experience. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this matter further and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Best Regards,
Nottingham, Maryland
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Grand hotel has been our hotel of choice for years now when visiting Ocean City, MD. We were taking our 1st family vacation with our 7 month old baby so we decided to stay at the Grand since our past experiences have been great. To our surprise, our stay was absolutely terrible! The quality of the room was not up to par. The beds were extremely uncomfortable & made annoying sounds everytime we sat on the beds or rolled over during the night. The desk in the room which we needed to use was in poor condition. The bathroom/shower was below standards. We checked in our room rather late on Sunday evening. After getting settled, we realized our discomfort but chose not to complain at the time due to wanting to get our 7 month old to sleep. Which brings me to another point - we requested a crib which was a painful experience in itself & the condition of the crib was gross! We chose to stay at this hotel with our baby & now regret our decision. Upon checkout, we expressed our displeasure to the front desk clerk & she basically blew us off totally. Unless you spend an arm & an leg to stay on the top floor of this hotel, don't waste your time or money! We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant & needless to say, the food, menu options & service were less than desirable! And the coffee shop only accepts cash & their bagels taste horrible! How can you mess up a bagel?!

Taking our business elsewhere!!

1 Thank Dee K
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
I am very disappointed to hear that we have failed you and I would hate to lose such a loyal guest. This unfortunate series of events is in no way a standard reflection of the normal quality and level of service that the Grand Hotel and Spa is known to provide to our guests. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the less than pleasurable stay you experienced and for the fashion in which it was handled.

We take all of your comments very seriously and they will most certainty be reviewed by our entire management team and be addressed appropriately. Your feedback will also be used as an additional tool to train our staff to further improve the overall experience for all of our guests.

Once again I truly apologize for letting you down and we would love another opportunity to win back your trust. I hope all of your fond memories of the Grand Hotel and Spa will far out weigh this isolated chain of events because I can promise you that your next stay will be a much better one. I welcome you to contact me directly because I would like to make this situation right and personally make sure that your next getaway is perfect.

Yours in Hospitality,
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights and got upgraded to a better room after the second night. The only real difference in the rooms (from third floor to eleventh) was larger, more comfortable beds, more modern thermostat, and higher quality toiletries and kitchen ware. No matter what room you get, you are going to have a beautiful view of the ocean from your balcony. We even could see dolphins at play from our hotel! The staff were very friendly, the rooms were clean and it was very convenient to have a 24 hour cafe and bakery in the hotel. There is also a pizzeria, a bar and grill, a jewelry store, a few souvenir shops, and a boutique also within the hotel that open up onto the boardwalk. There is also a decent arcade, which we did visit on a night when it rained. The hotel hosts the first set of shops along the 3 mile boardwalk and the weather was so nice there, it made for a nice walk. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mila918
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Grand Hotel & Spa in Ocean City, Md. Our room was clean and comfortable. The pools were great. Everyone was so kind and courteous.
After arriving home I realized I left the AC adaptor plugged into the wall in the room. I called the office and told them what I had left and where it was plugged in. They said they would look and call back in a few minutes. They called back 5 minutes later to let me know they found it and would pack it up and send it out to me. I got it 3 days later! They went above and beyond! We will definitely stay there again...and again!

Room Tip: Wonderful view of the ocean from the 10th floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy W
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

EVERY room has a great view. The staff is very nice, helpful. The rooms are clean. They have two great pools - one inside is perfect no matter the weather. Their pizza & 24-hour coffee shop are fantastic - if you ask the bar will put on the football game for you :) The location on the Boardwalk cannot be beat. We've been staying here since 2005 at 2x/year. This is the ONLY hotel my children allow us to stay at, so if it's booked :(

Room Tip: Rooms 4th floor and above have the best overall view.
1 Thank Kathy D
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was our second time staying at Grand Hotel, both times were wonderful. The hotel has a great location, friendly staff and is clean. We had a direct ocean front room and the view was fantastic. We would stay here again and would recommend the hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Direct Ocean front rooms have a wonderful ocean view and sunrise view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple