“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Cheswick,Pa.
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Nice hotel right on the boardwalk. We had a room on the top floor and could see everything.
BVnLJ

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BVnLJ
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
We're glad you enjoyed staying with us...very nice pictures!

Come back and see us again soon -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
West Point, Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Our recent stay at The Grand Hotel in Ocean City, MD was good but not exceptional. The big plus was that the room was ocean front. In fact, all of the rooms are ocean front so if this is something that it important to you, than this is the place. The price was definitely reasonable for an ocean front stay. However, the ad on their website did promise free Wi-Fi and that was pretty much non existent unless of course you wanted to spend your time in the lobby. The rooms were decent but it would have been nice if they had at the very least a larger refrigerator. The food choice at the Terrace Restaurant was breakfast only and it was only an option Thurs-Sun which was a bit strange. The lounge, pool bar and exercise room were fairly nice and easily accessible. The front desk staff were rather uninformed which wasn't helpful when spending a vacation in a tourist city. Overall, the experience at The Grand was good but when we go back next time, I think we'll give another hotel a try.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dilbertrocks
I am so embarrassed about the internet. We just upgraded our wifi and we have been working out the bugs with access point location. We were in the process of adding additional high output access points today when my IT guy indicated that our firewall had melted down, consequently our entire system has been down.

The firewall has been replaced and we are still adding additional access points. We realize how vital a high quality internet signal is in today's world and we are doing everything we can to bring our system up to acceptable levels.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
Baltimore
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay at the Grand to celebrate our anniversary. Very nice entrance way and roomy lobby. Right away, I was happy to see all the comfortable seating areas -- after all, we go to the beach to relax, right? Check in was mostly perfect -- just a little glitch with my Expedia reservation. After about 5 minutes, all was worked out. The parking garage is located just across the street - very convenient. When we entered our room, first think I noticed was the view -- beautiful ocean view. But, when I pulled the curtain aside to see the full width of the view, I was disappointed to see that something was wrong with the second sliding glass door -- some type of oxidation/cloudiness was in-between the panes of glass - completely maring the view. I was disappointed because the view was so amazing. I'm not sure if any other rooms had the same issue (we were in 619). Fortunately, we could just step outside to get the full view. The room was quite spacious, and the bathroom was fine as well. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning - excellent service and food and located on the same floor as our room. Great bay view from the restaurant. We also had coffee from the 24-hour coffee shop - very nice and ultra convenient. Our room also included a coffee maker, microwave, small fridge. The outdoor pool was very clean and there were plenty of loungers. Leading to the outdoor and indoor pools is a game room and a workout room. Also liked that the hotel is located on the quiet end of the boardwalk. All in all, great stay -- but please fix the sliding glass door!!!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DonnaStram
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for taking time to let everyone know about your stay here at the Grand. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of replacing our sliding glass doors, but we have started on the twelfth floor and working our way down. Please stop by my office (located on the north end of the lobby) during your next stay, say hello, and let me make sure we get you into a great room with a great view.

Thanks again for choosing the Grand!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed for Memorial Weekend and we must say that we arrived early in the morning and we got our bedroom without a problem.

The Room is big with Ocean View and a balcony. It was Clean OK as it was the Bathroom.

We had a bikers and a church convention so the crowd was interesting for say the least at least visually. Must say that every one was respectful and we did not have any complains.

The noise at night was loud, but then again it was Memorial Weekend so we were expecting it.

At Check Out we had a Complimentary hour and a half so our check out was at 12:30 instead of 11:00 am.

The staff told us that we could use the 2ND floor restrooms and locker to change if needed. So, we did, it was useful not extremely clean but in good shape and super useful.

As mentioned before mixed feelings. The hotel was not that bad, it is outdated but then again Ocean City seems out dated as a whole! Staff was willing to accommodate and the rooms were OK.

3 Thank lacdf
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for both your positive feedback and your fair critique. We have started down a positive path of rejuvenating and refreshing the Grand, but we are definitely in the beginning stages. I do not exaggerate when I say that we have the best housekeeping team and cleanest rooms in Ocean City, but I also realize that our furnishings, while in good condition, are certainly a bit dated. We have a long way to go on some of the big ticket items, but we have taken the first steps.

We look forward to serving you again soon and showing off the great new services and amenities we have lined up for the summer of 2011.
McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The hotel is in a good location and the staff genuinely try to assist the customers. However, the "Street" Bikes aka Crotch Rockets, that had taken over the hotel proved to be a most miserable experience. So bad, that we chose to pack up at midnight and drive four hours through the night back home rather than stay around any longer.

We have stayed here before, but NEVER AGAIN! This trip was so miserable that had it been my first trip to Ocean City (it's not---we've been going 3-4 times a year for over 10 years), I would never return.

6 Thank chuckw20
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Please don't let one bad stay stop a 10 year tradition. Memorial Day is a crazy time to come to Ocean City, but this weekend is the exception, not the rule.

I searched our data base for "Chuck W", but sadly I can't find a reservation that matches to give you a phone call. I want to make this right with you Chuck, so please give me a call to discuss and give us the pleasure of demonstrating what a great place the Grand is to stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Bethesda
Reviewed May 28, 2011

If you are looking for a place to stay in OC that has your best interests at heart, don't stay at the Grand Hotel on 21 street. We stayed there for Memorial weekend and it was a disaster! A motorcycle association and church group were staying there at the same time. Don't mind bikers, don't mind churches, do mind loud music 24-7 and the all night party the hotel and city aloud in their garage parking, by-the-way, can't park out front of the hotel. Woudl NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone! Would only give a "below expectations" rating if there were one. I hope everyone reads my review before they book here!

4 Thank wickhammaureen
Big holiday weekends are a challenge for all Ocean City hotels; especially when motor cycle and car events are in town. We do everything possible to arrange functions in such a way as to not disturb our guests, but sometimes our best efforts are not good enough.

I would encourage you to give me a call and the opportunity to win back your business. Often times choosing the right dates for your family can make all the difference in the quality of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.
honolulu
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We are still here, on a one week stay and have about had it with the terrible internet connectivity in our room and thus this hotel. Its 2011 folks - internet is an essential commodity now a days. It would be like having a scratchy phone connection that cuts in and out back in the 70's and thinking thats ok to provided for your customers.

When we called to have it fixed all we got was that we could come down to the lobby to connect. seriously? again, thats like telling someone to 'come down to the lobby' every time they want to make a phone call.

Kyle at the front desk said that he could call maintenence. When I asked him if maintenance was also IT dept, he said "no - but maintenance knows the guy to call for IT help.' Wow. The front desk doesnt even know how to call for help with the internet.

I asked for management. Its 0645, they arent in yet. I asked for them to have mgmt call me when they get in. We will see what happens with that.

to be continued...

2 Thank jasonblu
GrandManager, General Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
We are very concerned about our guests comfort and we are working diligently to re-store functionality to two of the hotels 35 internet access points. I have left a message on your voice mail and would greatly appreciate it if you give me a call when you return to your room.

You can also stop by my desk, my office opens directly into the lobby for the convenience of all of my guests (my door is literally always open if I am on property). I look forward to meeting you and correcting this problem.