In the past we have always stayed at smaller, less expensive places a block or 2 from the beach. This year we decided to splurge and try this Holiday Inn on the boardwalk.... probably twice as expensive as the place we stayed last year. The oceanfront view from our room on the 11th floor was AMAZING! It was too hot to sit out on the deck in the morning with the direct sun, but by early afternoon it was partially shaded with a great breeze.
My kids tried all 3 pools.... the indoor pool was larger than expected but the water too cold for me, I think because it shares the space with a restaurant. Both outdoor pools were nice and warm. They especially loved the kids pool, since it had jets in areas that push you around a whirlpool and river.
We thought the room was very nice and clean -- I think from reading some other reviews, it really depends what you are used too. The kitchen was fully equipped with most things needed for cooking -- however, 2 things missing were a cookie sheet-type pan (for baking a pizza or chicken nuggets, etc) and oven mitts. Maybe these were just missing from our particular room ,,... but there really was everything else. The beds were super-comfortable! The kids tried out the jacuzzi tub and liked it but found it's very loud.
Location is great... steps to the beach and a 10-20 minute walk to the busier end of the boardwalk with the arcades.
The only frustration we had, and this was mentioned in a previous review, is that it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find a chair in either outdoor pool area. Guests seem to go out there early in the morning and "reserve" a chair with a towel, and then leave. 2 mornings we were there, from our deck I counted 30-40 "reserved" chairs by 8:30 am when there were no more than 6 people actually in the pool area. And people also tend to reserve a chair for each family member, including little kids, which really isn't necessary. There is a small sign about not leaving belongings on a chair when you leave the pool area but it's ignored. We were lucky to find 1 chair for the 5 of us to share, and a few times I just sat at the edge of the pool with our stuff to watch the kids. It would be great if the hotel could come up with a solution for this, since common sense and consideration is obviously lacking.
Overall, we had a great time and would stay here again... though probably not every year because of the higher cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md