“Be prepared to pre-pay just to reserve a room.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, MD
“Be prepared to pre-pay just to reserve a room.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2007

Boyfriend and I stayed last weekend, looking for a quick getaway before the crowds descend. Like the previous review, the hotel also charged our credit card when we made the reservation, rather than when we checked out, or at least arrived. More than a week before our anticipated stay, Boyfriend called to cancel - and was told we didn't give enough notice, so we would be charged anyway. He made 2 more attempts to cancel by phone, at least to cancel the second night, and was told the same thing - at one point the woman told him he "should have thought about the timing" when he made the reservation! We ended up going, thinking we would rather go than waste the money, but by the time we drove there I was ready for heads to roll. After a fight the hotel ended up cancelling our second night, but we were told it was a "courtesy" and that the hotel's standard was to charge for at least the first night to ensure they didn't get stuck with the room without time to offer to another customer. Not sure how other hotels in OC handle reservations, but for what it's worth I recommend reading the fine print carefully when you reserve to make sure you don't authorize a pre-check-in charge; if they try to get you for a night and you've tried to give more than 24 hours notice of cancellation, tell them you didn't sign a contract and that you intend to dispute the charge with your credit card company as an unauthorized charge and contact the Better Business Bureau to comlain.

• Stayed April 2007
4 Thank cnp21225

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

We stayed for 4 days starting April 1. We had stayed here twice before and were not disappointed once again. We have a 14 year old daughter who brought a friend. They had a blast, although the weather didn't cooperate. They loved the indoor pool, small game room and cafe area. Of course, being on the boardwalk was a big plus, and it's certainly quieter at this end of the boardwalk. All of the staff were very very helpful, including the manager. They gave us good restaurant recommendations too. The room was great, no problems. The view was wonderful, of course. Everything was clean and in working order. We will definitely be back again.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank lisa111
Hopkinton, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel for the last two years. I have just cancelled my reservation for July 2007 due to the unprofessional nature of the hotel's manager. Be very careful when booking. This is a rare case of a hotel debiting your credit card prematurely for the first nights stay rather than reserve the room under your name, which is common practice. The hotel debited my debit card, early March $463.25 for a reservation in July!. When I called the manager to explain, she was very rude and looked at my call as a nuisance rather than an opportunity to help me keep my favorable view of this hotel. Unfortunately, it only takes one bad interaction to change your view, especially when you are paying $465.00 a night or over three thousand dollars for a week. Suffice it to say, my family and I will not return to this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Value
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
15 Thank ColdUpHereHopkinton
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

Wonderful quiet hotel. the suite I ordered online through their website was only $60 and they upgraded us upon arrival to an oceanfron suite. the suit had a full kitchen and a nice sized living room and bedroom. the bathroom had a real jaccuzi for 2 in it. the staff was great and sent up a pac n play within 2 or 3 minutes of check in (which was VERY fast). loved it and wil be back.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank thhtorah
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2007

This is a great place to stay in Ocean City, MD. I enjoy going there in mid to late January for a brief respite. It is a great bargain then at $69 to $89 per night. A few years ago, my brother and I stayed there in January for $42.50/night. Unbelievable. But, don't get excited, I believe that rate is long gone. The summer rates there are a bit ridiculous, anywhere from $300 to $600 per night. Don't get me wrong this is a nice place, but $600 to stay at a Holiday Inn in Maryland, C'MON! Needless to say, I refuse to pay those prices in the summer time.

All-in-all, it is a nice place, but with a huge price gouge during the summer season.

• Liked — Rooms and Views and gameroom
  • Disliked — Summer Prices
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank ripcurled1
Crisfield, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2006

My husband and I stayed Nov. 6th. We only had one more day of vacation left and decided to stay in OC one more night. We had stayed two nights at the Paradise Plaza. It was ok there but having stayed at the Holiday Inn several times before we new how nice it was. Still the best place we have ever stayed. I can't wait to try The Hilton for our anniversary in January.

• Liked — view and cleaniness
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sunshinebiscuit
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2006

I am so glad I followed the advice of others on this website. This hotel was great. I booked an advance pay southern view room online. We recieved a free upgrade to oceanfront. The suite was very clean. The jacuzzi was great. We loved the free paper everyday and all of the staff at the hotel were very helpful with recommendations for places to eat and things to do. The location was perfect--- right on the beach. The hotel itself was clean and very well cared for. We really lucked out on the weather. We arrived on 10/2 to 70 degree weather. The next two days were in the 80's. Then, it did get chilly, but we will definitely go back again this time next year. If you love sales, this is the time to go. Everything was on sale.

• Liked — Roominess of the suite
  • Disliked — Sometimes you could hear people in other rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Go in the fall and save money