Boyfriend and I stayed last weekend, looking for a quick getaway before the crowds descend. Like the previous review, the hotel also charged our credit card when we made the reservation, rather than when we checked out, or at least arrived. More than a week before our anticipated stay, Boyfriend called to cancel - and was told we didn't give enough notice, so we would be charged anyway. He made 2 more attempts to cancel by phone, at least to cancel the second night, and was told the same thing - at one point the woman told him he "should have thought about the timing" when he made the reservation! We ended up going, thinking we would rather go than waste the money, but by the time we drove there I was ready for heads to roll. After a fight the hotel ended up cancelling our second night, but we were told it was a "courtesy" and that the hotel's standard was to charge for at least the first night to ensure they didn't get stuck with the room without time to offer to another customer. Not sure how other hotels in OC handle reservations, but for what it's worth I recommend reading the fine print carefully when you reserve to make sure you don't authorize a pre-check-in charge; if they try to get you for a night and you've tried to give more than 24 hours notice of cancellation, tell them you didn't sign a contract and that you intend to dispute the charge with your credit card company as an unauthorized charge and contact the Better Business Bureau to comlain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md