“Cream of the crop, top of the heap.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed April 6, 2006

I've been going to Ocean City for about 45 years. I've been there through the good years and the bad years. The hippies in the 60's and 70's tried to sink the place, but they failed. I've stayed in rooming houses, flop houses, B&B's, off the "boards" hotels, and ALL of the Boardwalk Hotels. Holiday Inn and Suites is the de facto standard that all the hotels in OC should aspire to. It is far and away the best in Ocean City, Md. You will pay for the best, but you are getting the best. I reserve in February for a week in September (being paranoid I won't get an ocean front room) We have been staying there since it opened. Breakfast at the Satellite Coffee Shop, dinner at Brass Balls Saloon.

9  Thank Leroy E

Reviewed April 1, 2006

Very friendly staff best hotel on the beach and the suites are sooooo great. My family and I really enjoyed the room and the beach view was great but because it was May it was too cold to enjoy it in person.

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank Kkleopatrajones
Reviewed March 14, 2006

Good beach. Pizza, etc nearby. CVS across the street. Parking fills up fast and you may have to park across the street - no big deal though - 60 sec. walk.
Tram will stop in front of hotel. Very good pool for kids with slide, vortex pool, etc. Another pool for laps next to it. Heated pool inside. All very clean.
Breakfast at their restaurant was pretty good and never a wait.
Easy access to Coastal Highway.
Room was very clean and had all amenities. Try to get at least floor 3 and up for quietness if you are on the oceanfront side.
Free broadband access in the room. Bring ethernet cord with your computer.
Overall, a very pleasant stay. I would go back here on next trip with kids. Suite might be overkill for just a couple.

Stayed: August 2005
12  Thank Walt H
Reviewed February 27, 2006

My wife and I travel on a regular basis for pleasure. The minute we walked into this Holiday Inn & Suites we were very impressed. The rooms are very large, living rooms with DVD players, full kitchens, and large bedrooms with a two person jacuzzi. Bathrooms were very spacious with large walk in showers,(rain fall showerhead). Let me assure you all, Holiday Day Inn & Suites have "rasied the bar" with this one. In my opinion they were flawless. Perfect for romance, great for a family! We only intended to stay for two days, stayed four, why? Well with a notice not a bill under our door saying we could extent our stay for 50% less the already reasonable rate we recieved. I'm still blown away with that gesture, a corporate company giving me a break! Thank You (Hoiday Inn Staff) you were excellent in our eye's, simply flawless.

• Stayed: February 2006
11  Thank Patrck
Reviewed January 30, 2006

My family and I just returned from a weekend stay at the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th Street in Ocean City. This is our second stay at this hotel within the past month. We like to take little mini-vacations in the wintertime to beat the winter blues. Ocean City is usually our pick because of the close distance. This is now our family's favorite hotel in O.C. At least during off-season. We usually rent a condo in the summertime, as most hotels are extremely expensive. We used to frequently stay at the Nassau in the Oceanfront building. Since the Nassau is no longer there, we decided to try the newer Holiday Inn because we had admired it from the outside. We fell in love with it! The kids love it too! There is a wonderful indoor pool and bar in the pool area (the kids enjoyed swimming, while my husband watched games at the bar enjoying a drink). Mom could take advantage of some quite time enjoying the jacuzzi tub bath. It was heavenly!! The rooms are very clean and decorated so nicely. The room service was excellent, the food was excellent, the staff was excellent, and I could go on and on.... One other nice feature was that in the vending area on each floor, there were a washer and dryer which the guests are free to use (providing our own detergent of course). Since most places have coin-operating laundry, I thought this was very convenient! They also have a great exercise room as well as a little arcade. It's a great off-season place!! Also, there is a VCR PLUS a DVD in each suite. Kids brought tapes, mom and dad brought DVD's. It was an awesome hotel!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: January 2006
19  Thank Luv2GoPlaces08
A TripAdvisor Member
Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed January 5, 2006

I slept on the pull out sofa in out suite. After coming home I ended up at the Doctor's office only to discover that I had SCABIES!!! I had not been anywhere new or different other than the Holiday Inn and no one I live with had the ugly little bugs. This is perfectly understandable. When I pulled out the bed there was a virtual buffett on the mattress. Popcorn, candy, crumbs, SCABIES anyone??!

Also - the parking is horrible and I was the 9/05. Good luck in July.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Meriden, CT
Reviewed December 10, 2005

This is the third year we have stayed at this hotel. The rooms are clean, the size is wonderful. We are a family of four and my family enjoys bringing extras with them yet we don't feel crowded into the room. The hotel provides wonderful extras of their own. There is always lots of little bath items in the room. There is a basket of fresh fruit in the lobby. There is a secure location to lock up your bike if you decided to bring your own (you can rent them if you don't want to go through the hassle of bringing them yourself.) The balcony is wonderful and private. It is big enough that a family of four can enjoy a meal out there. There is plenty to do. We like going to Assateague island and seeing the wild horses. The pools at the hotel are a godsend for a mother of two little boys. They play for ours in the kids pool that has slides and other activities. That gives me some downtime to read and relax. This is the ultimate family resort and this hotel is wonderful place to stay. We go after labor day when the weather is good but the rates are less, however it is well worth every penny. The only item that I would change in the hotel is that they should put in wireless computer access. Being used to broadband, waiting for a dial up to load is sometimes frustrating but that is such a minor item it is only mentioned here as an afterthought. The staff is always polite and helpful and you can't help but feeling like a queen after a week in this palatial location!

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member