“Loved it! ”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We came and stayed here for a Memorial Day Trip. First visit to Ocean City! Love staying at HI anywhere. Our suite was beyond what we expected! Jacuzzi in the bedroom, full kitchen, big living area! Beautiful Views from every room! Loved the shower! Loved our room! Hotel staff was so friendly! Clean room! Great service! Loved the pool areas! Bar tender was very nice! Restaurant staff were excellent! Our go to hotel every time! Never been disappointed with a HI stay and this was our favorite!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank April M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

1 night stay at the Holiday Inn. Read some reviews that said dated so I was reluctant to return. Chose the Holiday Inn over the Hilton because of the location and price (stayed at both before). AAA rate was pretty good. The furniture is dated but everything was absolutely spotless. If a family was staying for a few nights I think they could be very comfortable with the extra room and the cooking facilities. Cabinets were clean and well stocked. Beds were very comfortable with nice linens. I am very picky about rooms and other than the furniture being "shabby chic" I can't think of one issue.
Daughter used indoor pool. Bizarre that the restaurant is in there. Outdoor "kids" pool was a lot of fun. My only small complaint is the other pool is not heated and it was too cold to use to get away from the crowded kid pool. That said, I could go round and round in that whirlpool all day. The pool is themed towards younger kids but my tweens had a blast. Pool service was good and drink prices were reasonable. Plenty of comfortable lounge chairs. Changing rooms for use after you check out.
The Holiday Inn is in the perfect location. We walked down to the inlet yesterday, rode some of the rides and had our Thrashers Fries. Loads of restaurants and bars to choose from along with cool surf shops and cheap t shirt places. Rented surrey's today and rode down the boards again. Great time. Holiday Inn may be a little dated but the location, price, rockin kids pool and the cleanliness make this a good choice for any family.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank H T
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Beautiful location, wonderful room, great customer service, and overall awesome experience. I feel like I'm nitpicking but our only issues were minor ones. The Hotel restaurant shares a space with the indoor pool so it is very warm and a dampness in the air. The food and service was excellent though. The only Hot tub is in the kids pool area. I loved that they had separate kids and adults pools but why they didn't put a Hot Tub in the adult area I couldn't figure out. Also adults did bring their children into the adult pool area and there was no staff there to ask them to leave, it was left to other guests which felt uncomfortable. Like I said a few very minor things, overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and are already planning a stay there again later this year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank morr100408
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I originally booked the Hilton, but found this hotel and realized that they were actually identical. I know at the Hilton there were high end furniture and standards, but there was also a $200.00 price difference.

Honestly if I was traveling just my husband and I we would have chosen Hilton. This trip was our yearly family vacation.

The children loved it. They had three pools: two out doors and one indoors. One of the pools outside was a kids pool with slides, pirate ship, and sprinklers. Kids eat free under 12. Right on the board walk. Comfortable beds and linens. Rooms clean and fully stocked with everything you need. Hung bathroom with two sinks, jacuzzi tub, rain shower head, all the toiletries you need. We had a pool suite on the adults pool side and the view and balcony were great. Right outside the room were lounge chairs, pool, pool towels, and bar serving food. There were also waitresses coming around taking orders frequently. There was a gym and arcade room.

I was surprised! You didn't have to have cash while at the pool because they would open a tab and deliver you whatever you want at your lounge chair.

This were our first family beach vacation and it was wonderful. My husband and had a nice time because there were very attentive life guards at the kids pool. The water wasn't deeper than 3 feet stating from 0, which was perfect. My husband and I just enjoy some r&r. We planned on being over booked and tired. No way we were relaxed. Holiday has it figured out. They want you to feel as if you're at an expensive resort without getting robbed. I loved it!

At night you had so much to choose from without driving and leaving the hotel. Just walk up the boardwalk. You could even walk to the carnival which we did. We went to Riley and Planet world.

For breakfast and lunch we ate at the hotel. The kids ate free breakfast and we had a $20 credit for cook to order food. For lunch one day we dine at the hotel restaurant for happy hour and ordered everything the had for $5.00 and regular appetizers items. The food was fair. The happy hour menu is great, but lacked flavor.

I have so much to say but don't know where to start. I will stop on this note . I just know my husband and I anniversary trip is coming up and I don't want to forget this experience.

If you are thinking about ocean city. Go to holiday inn and suites, it's perfect for families. Oh they even have fresh complimentary fruit daily, which was a hit with my children. Also the pictures are deceiving. It's much more cleaner and updated than the photos. I'll attach some because save that $200 extra and spend it on the kids activities like bike riding and riding the trolley. If you are thinking about it and have young children go you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank senkia22carter
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We take our kids for a short OCMD vacation every year. Having the kitchen makes it easy to take breakfast food and beverages. I do take my own pans if I plan to cook. Nice to have a place to sit and eat crabs on your balcony after fishing. Staff has always been friendly. Kids love the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank manynuts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

my mom and i go to ocean city every december for a getaway while its less people and rake up the sales for christmas gifts we usually stay at another hotel but it was closed so we decided to stay here we got a suite it was huge,clean had seperate living room kitchen and bedroom staff was very friendly

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It has been a while since we last visited the Holiday Inn and Suites in Ocean City Md. We booked about 2 months ago and we were excited because this was some of my family's first visit. The hotel is in need of a serious upgrade. However, the staff members in the restaurant are awesome along with the manager Zach. No offense to them. The hotel is overpriced for the accommodations, go down the road where others have remodeled. I would agree, do not take your family take your friends when drinking just to lay your head.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front, it helps ease the pain..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank R and T H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear R and T H,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel staff.

However, I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations when it comes to our facilities. We work diligently to ensure our properties are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Faith R