“like being on a cruise,with no ship”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I would like to take the time to say how wonderful my stay was at the Holiday Inn. Everyone on the staff was very GREAT!!!! I wish everyone was as kind as they were. My face will be seen more there . The manager and the staff well lets just say u have a 1,000 score with me. I can not say much more to how great my stay was with the Holiday Inn & Suites in Ocean City Maryland it was like I WAS RIGHT AT HOME !!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank firefighterstubbs

Reviewed August 14, 2008

After staying in Ocean City for the past 15 years for vacation. I have found the perfect place to be "Holiday Inn & suites 17th St". It's like being on vacation and being home all wrapped into one. The service from start to finish was great, check in took 5 mins.
When calling the front desk, we received quick and informational respones. The maids left everything and anything you needed. The Bellboys opened and held the elevators, and also offered to carry bags to your room for you. The pools "3" were all cleaned and well managed by the staff. The rooms (we had 3) were all cleaned and very well layed out. My personal room was located over the childrens activity pool. I thought for sure i would have to move because of the noise from it. But with my door closed i heard nothing. I would like to personally thank the Property Manger "Chris" for a wonderful stay, and can't wait to see you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank toul17
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We stayed at the end of June 2008 and had a great time! We had a beautiful view of the ocean and upon checking in, our room was very clean and ready for our stay. Although we were right on the beach, my kids and husband wanted to stay at the kid pool all day. They had so much fun on the slides and lazy river. I am pregnant and had some special food needs by the pool and the staff took care of me. Lifeguard staff was very personable to my children and watched the pool well I thought. Housekeeping was good about bringing extra towels and toiletries as needed. Will definitely stay at this hotel again! Great time!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank JennandFam
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Had a great time at the Holiday Inn suites. The rooms are like apartments with the tile floors and large roomy showers. It was very very clean from the rooms to the grounds. My 5 kids loved the pool and daddy loved the pool bar. Highly recomended and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank golfnut45
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Agree with priorityclubgold...very overpriced...rooms were dirty...tub had mold and staff not friendly at all...they could not answer even the most basic questions about the area, or the hotel. If you asked about anything you got a loud sigh and a roll of the eyes it was like i was bothering them. I always thought holiday inn was a class act but i will never go out of my way to stay at one again, especially this one. SERVICE AT THE POOL WAS TERRIBLE AND OVERPRICED, ROOM OVERPRICED,STAFF NOT FRIENDLY, AND I ALSO GOT CHARGED DIFFERENT PRICES FOR THE SAME THING ON DIFFERENT DAYS. Stay at the comfort inn, you'll be happier and so will your wallet.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lucky021_8
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This hotel is very OVERPRICED or what you get...$525.00 per night..First of all this hotel is run for the comfort of the employees. we had a problem with check in...cant check in early if you are a priority club member...actually you can't check in at the official check in time either..why.. because the maids dont start cleaning the rooms until 9:00am..guess they dont want to get them out of bed too early... childrens pool doesnt open until 9:00am and closes at 6:oopm..so the employees won't get over eight hours...the "pool towels" are regulated as if they are made of gold...one per person only..they , cover only half a pool chair and are below WAL-MART quality...i"ve seen better at MOTEL6...(bring your own towels) THE ROOMS..:Our refrigerator did not work in our room upon arrival..(did I mention that the room costs$525.00 per night)and the next day the safe died...both were repaired.. the windows were dirty when we arrived and after three nights they still have the same smudge marks left by a child from a previous stay (the employees dont' do windows(we got to keep our employees happy!!) the hot tub in the room had mold in it.....Every morning my wife would go down to the rest. to get take out coffee..every morning the price would change for each cup..$2.50- $2.95...the pool waitress would charge DOUBLE what the pool bar charges for drinks ( the pool bar charges $2.00 per coke..the waitress would charge $4.00 per coke...make sure you walk the 40 feet to the pool bar to get your drinks...you must check out at the front counter when you leave..every holiday inn i've ever stayed at slips your bill under the door the morning of check out or you have tv checkout...not here you wait in line to check out....!!.poor management!! NO SPECIAL TREATMENT FOR PRIORITY CLUB MEMBERS....GOOD THINGS: GREAT LOCATION...THE ROOMS WERE VERY NICE otherwise...MY SUGGESTION save yourself $200. per night and stay next door at the QUALITY INN..same beach ..same location.. better beach bar..adult pool just as good ..rooms not as nice but at $500 plus (with taxes)the HOLIDAY INN IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY........

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank priorityclubgold
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites at the end of July for 5 nights. This was our fifth year in a row staying here. Every year the property seems to be going downhill even more. As everyone else has said, the cleanliness of the rooms leaves a lot to be desired. The LR furniture is getting really yucky. My family does not even use that room. The housekeeper never left me a dishtowel or wash rag to clean dishes with. I had to keep requesting them from the front desk. Some days, our room was not made up by 4pm. This is when we are back from the beach/pool and wanting to get ready for our evening out. We again, had to request towels from the front desk as there were no housekeepers to be found on our floor. Some days she wouldn't leave any coffee packs. Some days she would leave coffee but no creamer/sugar packs. Some days there was detergent for the dishwasher, some days not.They also say that the kitchen is "fully stocked". Well, they past 3 years our kitchen has never been stocked. This year we had 3 forks!!!!! For a family of 4. There used to be a pasta strainer, not anymore. The spatulas, spoons, etc had egg and I don't know what all over them. Other years, I had to request pots and pans because there was only 1. This year my husband was complaining of a sore back after waking up. After a couple days he looked under the bed for my son's toy and found that one of the beds was completly broken in half underneath. Hence, his sore back. Not to mention the gross stuff he found under the bed, like it hadn't been vacummed since I don't know when. The clientele this year was also very different. One night my husband had to call the front desk because of blasting bass music next door. It took 2 visits by management for the music to stop. One morning, I woke up to see all kinds of food, cans, bottles filled with black stuff, in the pool where my kids were going to swim later in the day. One night I was sitting on the balcony after putting the kids to bed and had to go in my room because of the "cat calls" from other guests on their balcony. I thought this was a family hotel. Another issue is the aforementioned "waiting in line for the pool" to open. I am one of the people who waits in line for the pool because you have too. There are no way enough seats at either pool for all the guests. If you don't wait in line and get a seat right when the pool opens, you don't get a seat, period. This makes for not a very relaxing vacation when you always have to be worrying about waiting in line for the pool in the morning. This year people started lining up at 7am for a 9am pool opening. Ridiculous!!!!!! Also, with all the kids at this hotel, this kids pool in very crowded. Almost, unsafe. It would be great if they had a kid's program with maybe organized crafts, or a game of kickball on the beach, etc.
This year we paid $485.00/night for this hotel. Then, our housekeeper had the nerve to leave us a note that we should leave her tip envelope at the front desk. For $485/night and substandard housekeeping they are crazy if they think i'm leaving them a tip.
Next year we are going to Myrtle Beach and skipping the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family