New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“This is out fifth visit...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #8 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
“This is out fifth visit...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have been coming here since 2004. We like the hotel. The pool is our kids favorite place. The beach is nice. We had a nice ocean view. The only thing that I had a problem was up keep of the hotel. When you visit Hilton, they tend to keep their hotels clean and up to date. You don't see this in Holiday Inn. I was tiles in the pool missing. The carpet is dirty. The Holiday Inn sign was falling apart in the side of the building. I think that this is our last year. We will vacation at a different beach.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Travelerleek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We go back here every year. It was fun as usual. The kids pool is a lot of fun -- but needs some maintenance. Some tiles were missing and hadn't been fixed and one of the water elements wasn't working properly. Would be nice if the indoor pool were heated or had something like a slide so the outdoor kids pool wouldn't be so crazy busy. We left a few times because the pool really was overcrowded and not fun.

Since the hotel pool is overcrowded -- The hotel staff need to do a better job of checking writstbands to make sure only hotel guests are at the pool. There were several large families sitting at the pool all day that weren't staying at the hotel. I only know because they started talking to me and I noticed that they weren't wearing wristbands and were paying their bar tab in cash so I asked. Interestingly, these families told me they come to this pool every summer -- so obviously it's know as an easy pool to crash. Not fair to those families paying $$$ to stay there. I said something to the front desk about it but didn't notice them checking wristbands the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrews_Mommy
York PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

POOL - I must be a big kid at heart because I LOVE THE KIDS POOL. My husband and I took our 21 month old toddler to the beach for July 4th week. I knew he would love the kiddos pool but I never expected to love it quite so much. My husband and I are in our 40's and we couldnt stop playing in the lazy river style pool. It is so cool. It has a jetted system that pushes you through the course and also a vortex area. The small boat slide was perfect to take our lil guy down and then we graduated to going down the bigger slide with him on our laps. We would take lap after lap around the pool. Occasionally we stopped in one of the small little rest areas that have benches. Our 21 month old did great and lasted in the pool each time for about an hour to hour and a half each time we got in. We have a pool in our backyard and now it will seem boring not having the cool things to do like at this hotel pool. lol.

ROOM - We had room 701. It is a southern view room with a king bed. It overlooks 17th street and to the south. There is a view of the ocean if you go out on the balcony and look left. The southern view room numbers run from 01 to 04. So for example the 7th floor all southern view rooms are 701, 702, 703, 704. The southern view rooms I think are on the 3rd to 9th floors. I really liked room 701 because it is the last room at the end of the hallway so there is only one room on the other side. The room is large with three rooms actually, living room, narrow galley kitchen and then a nice large bedroom with balcony. Bathroom is a nice size also with a corner jetted tub and rainfall shower. I was very happy with the room.

LOCATION - Great on 17th and the boardwalk. It is also great walking from 17th down the boardwalk to below 1st street. We did that each night. There is also a CVS across coastal highway so its nice to be able to walk over if you need anything.

NOISE- My only complaint is how rude people can be on vacation when they just let hotel doors slam shut. I mean really, these are typical heavy hotel doors with metal locks and we could here next door and a few doors down slam every single time someone left. Why can't people just gently shut the door. I got so bad in the evening right next to us that I actually stuck a note on their door. I simply wrote "Hi there, We would greatly appreciate if you could quietly close the door to your room instead of allowing it to slam after 7:30 pm because it is VERY VERY loud and wakes up our toddler. We would really appreciate it. Thank you very much. Your neighbor." Well that did work and we only heard it slam during the daytime if we lunched back in the room and for our toddlers afternoon nap which he did sleep through the slamming.
The one other thing we noticed is the screaching of the floors sounding like people move the furniture above you because there is tiled flooring and if they move a dining chair you can hear it. No biggie just somewhat annoying.

OUTDOOR HOT TUB - very nice. It was a rainy cloudy day our 2nd day there so I had a chance to sit in the outdoor hottub which was a wonderful moment for me. I don't get to sit still much anymore with a busy toddler so my husband stayed in the room for his nap that day and I got to sit in the outdoor hottub for about 20 - 30 minutes. Loved it.

WIFI - PAINFULLY SLOW!!!!

THE KING BED - Uggg, very firm mattress and I hated it. My shoulder is killing me from sleeping on this bed. I wasn't going to let that ruin our vacation or anything. But we have a temperpedic at home and we love a soft bed so that is just a matter of preference. I would still stay at this hotel again even though the beds are so firm.

MY HUSBANDS perspective - He just said "It was good". He says he isn't sure about the value and maybe alittle overpriced. But he sees how being right on the boardwalk is a plus, the pool was a big hit with him too, and he thinks it's probably competing in price with other similiar hotels. But he loved that we all had a great time. :D

OVERALL - LOVED THE POOL! Hotel is nice. Location is great. We would stay here again. Thank you Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. We will look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank LovetheOuttdoors
Harrison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Simple & short review: Best place; Best Hotel; oceanfront property-Must visit n stay..Full of relaxation, calmness & freshness. We Will surely visit again n stay here only...

The Best; luved it so much!

Room Tip: Choose Ocean front room with balcony0simply beautiful n best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heena74
Commack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ocean city, MD is a Great place to spend a few days relaxing on the beach with the kids. There is so much to do and see. The boardwalk gets a bit seedy after dark. We found ourselves not really spending too much time on the boardwalk at night. The hotel was really great. Many options to eat, drink and swim. One complaint was the staff. At times they were a bit rude. Not very receptive. The hotel is real clean and is probably one of the nicest on the boardwalk. The restaurant inside the indoor pool area wasn't great. Actually a bit pricey and we wouldn't eat there again. Your better off eating at the indoor pool bar area. The food and drinks at the outdoor pool were pretty good. The kids pool is a lot of fun and has an excellent slide and a oil crazy river. The hotel is in a great location on the boardwalk (sort of at the end of the boardwalk, not in the thick of things). All in all, a nice place to stay and a great place to spend a few days with the kids in the summer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nopatients
Gaithersburg MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very nice location on the quieter end of the boardwalk, and great facilities for children and families. The food service at the pool was reasonably priced and service was great both there and from hotel staff. Unfortunately, the quality of the guest room was a bit lacking. Generally dirty when we arrived with leftover trash from the previous guests still in hidden corners of the room. Refrigerator was filthy/moldy on the outside, tile floor was cracked and coming loose, sleeper sofa was full of food crumbs and grime, the double beds (falsely advertised as queens) were worn out and not comfortable. This all would have been expected at a cheaper locale, but for $400/nt, definitely not and we won't be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to see the room first and check the beds. This place gets a lot of traffic during the s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank dbcmdc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear dbcmdc,

Thank you for your candid review. We are delighted to read you liked our location and our great service and staff. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay and apologize for the unusual condition of the room you received. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Erlanger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My 80yr old Father, my disabled (stoke) Husband, and myself stayed for 3 nights. The staff was very helpful and accommodating... the adult pool and hot tub were great , of course the to the hot tub service with drinks was a definite thumbs up !!! my father and husband are both mobility challenged and used scooters to get around .The room was plenty large enough for both scooters and the elevators and hallways were also wide enough for easy passage. they were able to go from room to boardwalk no problem. the staff at the restaurant was also not only accommodating but kind ,the hassle of dealing with the 2 scooters they took in stride !!! These types of small kindnesses make for a very pleasant stay !! If you have need of these types of handicap facilities they have roll-in showers in the handicap rooms something we had a hard time finding on the boardwalk also we brought one scooter with us and rented one from Scooters 4 Rent (302-280-6203) it was waiting for us at the front desk when we arrived after a 9hr drive and we were able to leave it when we checked out. all in all a very nice vacation for all of us !!

Room Tip: handicap rooms on the 5th floor have roll in showers and lots of room to move around in ... loved th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family