“Great view”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a really nice hotel on the Boardwalk. Suites are well equipped, but rain shower is annoying. Restaurant and lounge on property, as well as great spa packages. Over-priced, but everything in Ocean City, MD, is over-priced during the season. Don't stay during June - high school and college kids galore.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Spa-Enthusiasts

Reviewed July 9, 2012

this hotel is the nicest place to stay on the boardwalk in Ocean City. With its suites that include a living room, fully equipped kitchen and luxurious bedroom with balcony, it can't be beat. The oceanfront hotel pools are wonderful. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are immaculately clean and beautifully decorated.
This hotel has it all!

Room Tip: oceanfront is best because of the great view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ilovemusic
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a family stay versus our normal couple stay.

We had lots of deficiencies in the room about 1/2 of which the hotel addressed during our stay when brought to their attention (some were really bad while some were a nuisance).

The hotel did offer some concessions to our stay but I am really disappointed with the housekeeping and overall maintenance of the hotel.

Location is great it is ashamed that the hotel hasn't been putting forth more effort on upkeep. Of course when it is sold out all summer I guess they don't feel they need to. While this is one of our favorite extended weekend summer getaway places it is starting to lose it's flair as the quality of the rooms (maintenance/upkeep and housekeeping have dropped off).

Also we saw the police their during our stay investigating missing items from a room so starting to be more concerned regarding valuables.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank musicman40nj
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear etraveler37,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. It is delightful to know that you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced with the maintenance of our property but I am glad these were addressed already.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for a night in June, picking up my son from Beach Week.
Nicest Hotel in Ocean City -

Great views of ocean and bay (in lobby), especially on upper floors. This is a true suite with a door by the bedroom, where we had 2 queen beds with plenty of walking space and a wonderful balcony. There was a nice galley with a full size fridge, stove, coffee maker, microwave and counter space. This would be great if you are staying a while and making some food to save money. We did not use this for just one night.
The pools looked very nice, but actually too chilly when we were there. One pool had some nice kiddie areas, while there was also an adult pool with a bar. Great location, right on the beach, enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast. Teens can take the bus all over with a day pass. Parking wasn't a problem since it wasn't too busy - but I can imagine in the summer it may be when they are full.

Room Tip: I love upper floors, if you can get one!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BamaBoysMom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my husband, 16 year old daughter and her 2 friends. We stayed here for 2 nights before moving into our condo on 127th street for the week. The room was direct oceanfront. Nice size balcony. Good location, right on the boardwalk. If you don't want to walk down to the "action" part of the boardwalk, you can board the tram right in front of the hotel. The shower was the worst thing about the room. It was an overhead shower and did not have sufficient water pressure. We were on the 7th floor, so not sure if the pressure is better on the lower floors. The soda in the vending machines as 40 cents and the use of the washer and dryer was free. I am a priority club member for many years and was disappointed that breakfast was not included, since the Holiday Inn Express on 127th Street includes breakfast and the rates are much cheaper. I used my points for the 2 nights we stayed, but I know that the rates at the hotel are expensive, but you're paying for the oceanfront and boardwalk location, which are a must for me. Like one other reviewer stated, this is not the Ritz, but it is a nice hotel in Ocean City. I plan to come back next year!

Room Tip: Book an oceanfront suite if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Parklandmom
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been spoiled over the years by staying at Hyatt's and other luxary hotels. This was an impulse trip on 4th of July week. Everything was booked and this hotel had one suite avaiable. After reading a couple of negative reviews (because no one really reads the positives anymore) i had no idea what to expect.

From the moment we arrived the staff was fantastic and going out of their way to provide great service. It was obvious that the place was to it's capacity but each time we needed something they were great. Yes a few delays here and there but nothing to complain about(unless you are just a constant complainer). My son even locked out the safe by playing with the keypad as soon as we got there and when the guy came to fix it, I try to tip him and he said "Sir this is my job, you don't need to tip me" of course I won that one. I asked the same guy for a High Chair and he had one at my door in five minutes.

The room had a kitchen and a seperate living area in it. Not the most current decor but it was clean and well maintained. Had two large flat screen tv's with a DVD player and VCR along with a Jacuzzi tub. One may argue the price per night but the section of the boardwalk that it is on and the amenities that it has is worth it. If your travelling with the family I highly recommend this hotel based on everything from the staff to the great location. Good Job Holiday Inn!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrDuckNewJersey
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My family and i have been vacationing in Ocean City for over 20 years. We have enjoyed our experiences at the holiday in in the past but the past 2 years have been awful. The pool side hostess handed us a menu and stated " i am to busy you will have to get your own food and drink!" She didnt just say it once but 3 TIMES! When we discussed with the manager he didnt care and offerred no solution to the poor service from restsurant staff or pool staff. Rooms were semi-clean but not like years past. If you want a nice place to stay try the Hilton!

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank Popsfrompsu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Popsfrompsu,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received from the pool side attendant and the Manager. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and service we offer. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Irish V