“Good value on nice room”

Holiday Inn Express Ocean City
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I always go to Ocean City in January to celebrate our anniversary over a long weekend. I usually tend to book the least expensive available rooms that I think will be nice and this year, the Holiday Inn Express fit the bill at about $50 per night.

Overall, we were very pleased - it's an attractive property, the staff was courteous, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The cable selection on the flat screen, wide panel TV was outstanding and included HBO. There was also a more than adequate breakfast in the morning, which was a money saver.

On the down side, not too big a deal but the temperature controls were a little difficult and my wife felt hot during the night and had to turn on the A/C (in January). I also didn't see a fitness room, which is something I definitely would have used.

There was an indoor pool, although we didn't end up using it.

The Holiday Inn Express will be on my short list of Ocean City hotels from here on. I will certainly plan to be back and can recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hawknoah

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend of January 12th as we were stopping on way to North Carolina and stayed again on our way back! This hotel was very, very clean, the breakfast was good and lots of dining room! The rooms were clean, quiet and had view of the bay! The washers and dryers were not expensive to use and were a big help! I can't say enough about the staff at the front desk! We've already made reservations for September! Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kelso2011
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just made reservations for another stay with the folks at the Express. So worth you money. Breakfast, indoor pool, staff, location, nice rooms and clean and a terrific view from our Bayside room. Walls are a little thin.

Room Tip: call and ask for a bayside room after you get your confirmation if you want a nice view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank peggymrphy
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I hate beach hotels sometimes- meaning paying way different rates for the same room.
Place during the summer ran me around $200 a night and in the off-season like $70.
I've been here three times and come back because..well I like it.
It's not the most elaborate (okay not at all) but it is very clean, has a decent complimentary breakfast, nice staff, decent size rooms and the location is ideal (for us).
Behind the hotel is a very nice park on the bay, and across the street is what most come for...the ocean.
Indoor/outdoor pool are both basic, functional, and clean.
We'll be back and I hope can always rely on the a nice place to stay and sleep. Thanks HIEOC

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lovetotravel001_9
Reviewed December 28, 2012

That‘s one of the greatest hotel I have been. I like it so much. The room is big and the view is nice. Not much people there, maybe because summer is not coming yet. And there's free wifi around hotel, the resturant is nice too.Location is good, near the bus station and the beach is clean. But the price is high.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mily90
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Situated right in front of Northside Park, Home of Ocean Citiy"s Winterfest of lights. Had stayed there a couple of years ago and glad we went back. It still looks as clean and as fresh as went it opened. Friendly staff and a great indoor pool and hot tub that is regularly checked for water quality. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If going during winterfest get a bayside room on the second floor or higher and you can see the ligh...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Grayhare
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This will be a pool-biased review. I am a pool person so I chose this hotel for the hot tub and pool first then considered the room. The room we had overlooked the bay and smack over the Winterfest lights so if that is your thing this is the perfect hotel at that time. Our room was smallish but neat and clean and good for two of us. The front desk was fine, we are priority members and stayed on points, we were not offered water or gift bags or anything like that which was fine by us because that may help in keeping the prices as low as they are at this time of the year. Also the only toiletries in the room is shampoo and conditioner but the note said you can have other necessities on demand, I just wanted lotion, this too was fine, I loved the price if we were paying. There is a really nice refrigerator which was really cold if set all the way up it semi froze our water etc., microwave nice too. Now to the best part of this hotel: The Pool!!! It was steamy in a rather cold room....no problem because you just want to get in the water and stay there it was in the high eighties, no kidding, I had it all to myself both days as this is the slow season. The hot tub is a corner part of the pool and was nice and hot, little jet issues but no worries it serves its purpose. I really didn't even need the tub becasue the pool was balmy and no shivering getting back in the pool from the hot tub. Ok so the place is not spectacularly 5 star but is in good repair and very clean. The area is home to numerous seafood restaurants many of which were closed for the winter but the Crabcake factory is just two blocks away open year round and had amazing food and fries and REALLY strong drinks. There is a Denny's not too far away for breakfast...oh that is if you sleep past 9:30 for the free breakfast.We looked at the 6600 Holiday inn and the 1701 also on this strip and further down the strip near the end and they looked really nice from the outside and directly on the water but thanks to the reviewers here who said they were dated we went with this one and had a good time. We did have trouble when they changed the wi-fi password and didn't give us the correct info we had to do some digging, but that was minor. All in all if you like peace and quiet and lazing around in a nice hot pool while the cold wind whips outside and you can see the five (now brown) palm trees waving around outside while you warm up your bones... I say go and relax here. Good value in the off season and a nice getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for the high floors and bay view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple