“fair”
Review of Beach Bum Motel

Beach Bum Motel
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was a nice motel!!! was clean the people that work there were friendly!!! And was very close to the boardwalk and that was nice since I have a 4 yearold! I would stay here again!!!! we were in the newer rooms on first floor which was good (no stairs) the pool aera could of been better! it needs updated! and the back of the motel was wet from alot of rain which thay need to fix but all in all it was a good place to stay!!

Room Tip: there was no fitness center and no kids activities!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2013

So it depends on what you're looking for. Lots of frills and extras? Not it. There's wifi, but not much else. Brand spanking new place? Nope...it shows it's wear in some places, but it's clean and well kept. Right on the beach? Nah...it's a short stroll, so woe to the person who hates walking. Peace and solitude? No way...people hang out on the picnic tables outside and chat. Great price? Ding-ding, you got it. My husband I felt it was a great value, and we'd stay again. It was close enough, comfy enough, casual enough, and just enough to allow us to have a good time.

Room Tip: The suite was worth the little extra on the price! It's nice and spacious.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room was ok service was ok . Only 2 blocks from beach. Pool was ok .i think it was way too much money for what you got but that's what you pay in a resort area.people were friendly and room was cleaned every day. Pool was clean and got plenty of towels . All in all it was clean and we would stay there again when we go back to ocean city Maryland.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Eh...it could be worse was the mantra for this hotel. The room was Ok. Broken and missing tiles in kitchen. Bathroom vent had years of built up grease and dust. 1 bed was comfortable the other not so much. Fridge was very clean. TV has 10-15 channels (no espn). The drapes were four individual panels that you need to position perfectly to keep light and people from seeing in. The efficiency had 5 random cups and two tea cups that made us laugh, not exactly well stocked nor would I be brave enough to use.

With all that said, it's why we joked eh...it could be worse. The primary issue was the deck area with picnic tables outside our room was a party area. Music, singing and loud conversation woke us up in the middle of the night it continued until almost 6am. The front desk closed at 3 and supposedly there is security but they only drive by. The police finally broke it up at sunrise.

Obviously in a beach town there will be drinking and partying, my biggest concern was there was no one on site to address. When I spoke to front desk they were unable to do anything without the manager. They were hesitant to call the mgr because they were off. They suggested that I email them. I did talk the clerk into emailing the mgr and had him call, but he did not leave a message. I also emailed.

The manager did respond within a hour and " allowed" me out of my reservation, which saved the fight with my credit card company. They also gave me 10% off the problem night which I thought was a little cheap.

I would not stay here again but if you want to party all night disturb other guests and have no fear of being stopped by mgt this is the place for you. Without the noise I would describe it as eh...it could be worse

Room Tip: A tip for a good room...hmmm photos are better than reality.
1  Thank James J
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just got back from staying at the Beach Bum Motel. We enjoyed our stay except for the very uncomfortable beds! If it weren't for that we would go back there again but that was the deal breaker for us. Other than that, everything else was great for the price....liked having a little kitchenette, there were no issues with parking, nice pool and only a couple of blocks from the beach. Can't beat it for the price - hope to hear they have made improvements to their beds and we would stay there again next year as we loved OC and are planning on going back next summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachBummet, Manager at Beach Bum Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your time for the comment. I apologize for your inconvenience regarding the bed. Most of our rooms had new carpets, TVs, furniture, and bedding since they were remodeled this year. Unfortunately due to a tight budget we could not remodel all our rooms. Our goal next year is to remodel all the remaining rooms. We should have new beddings in all if not most of our rooms for next year.

Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Positives: Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Maid service was very good. Fresh linens were delivered daily. Pool was clean.
Negatives: Beds were very uncomfortable. Only got a few channels on an old TV with poor picture quality. Parking in the rear lot is hit or miss.
We stayed in an efficiency by the pool, which we thought was an upgraded room. The stove and microwave were new, but unit needs upgraded. Specifically the beds. Would prob stay again because the staff was so great, but would book by phone instead of online.

Room Tip: ask for an upgraded room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We have three different parking lots in the property assuring each room one free parking spot. Unfortunately the parking lot on the west of the pool is tight but the parking lot on the east of the pool has more space and vacant most of the times. Our staffs at the front desk should assist you with parking at any time.

Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2013

A couple of friends and I stayed at beach bum for the week. All three of us loved the place. The pool was great and the rooms were huge. The first thing that came out of my mouth after entering the room was, "WOW"!!! The room was better than my expectation for the price that I payed. The entire Beach Bum staff were awesome. The housekeepers were wonderful, the people at the office were really nice, and the manager was a great guy. Our room was ready before the check-in time and he let us check-in early. He even walked with us to the room to make sure we liked it and that everything was ok. The entire week they made us feel that we were welcomed and comfortable. they were really nice people. I would highly recommend Beach Bum.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review. The entire Beach Bum team is very happy that you loved our place. We are looking forward see you again soon.