“Dear god don't stay here.”
Review of Coastal Inn

and 1 more site!
Coastal Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Literally the most disgusting place I've ever had to stay. If rather sleep in the bathroom at secrets. To keep my beer cold I left it outside in the sun and clear away from the fridge. There was no shower head I gave up on cleanliness all together. There was a random ulitity closet that came off of our room. Where I'm pretty sure the crazy stalker manager slept at night He had the audacity to tell us we were being too loud in our room. PERHAPS volume control wouldn't be as big of an issue if the one window in our room wasn't broken out. If your thinking about staying here please make sure you have all of your vaccinations and 10 year Tetnis. If I die tomorrow from whatever I caught in my one night stay there I will not be even close to surprised.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tshib08

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We arrived a few hours before check-in and didn't know what to do. They allowed us to check-in about an hour later and we were thrilled! Everyone that we came into contact with was absolutely wonderful. The only downside, well few, was that the rooms are dated, no electronic entry - need a key and you only get 1 so we all had to stay together the whole time. Other than that, it was a wonderful place to stay and we definitely will be staying here again in the future!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked this place online and paid for the first night. Got there and finished paying for two nights, went to the room and it was horrible! We were there a matter of minutes, I went to the front desk and the guy said it was against policy to give a refund. All I wanted was the $83.50 I just paid. I was gonna eat the down payment since I saw it as my fault for booking sight unseen. The front desk guy said he couldn't do a refund but also wouldn't give me a number of someone who could.

Enethical and shady, They are part of OC Lodging, I wouldn't do business with any of their places.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for three nights as part of a big group of 13 during memorial day weekend. This motel is easy to find, well situated and satisfactory. The towels are thin and the mattresses left us a bit sore in the morning, but it was clean and quiet and the front desk staff was super kind and helpful.

There's wi-fi in the room but its slow, so i did some work from the check in area, and it was fine.

Overall a bit more expensive than I would have liked to pay for the quality, but the location and timing (it was memorial day after all) probably upped the price. If you're looking for a middle of the road option, this is a good one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here three times. 2001, 2003 and 2012.
First two times were great and we got a great deal for the week (7 days - about $300 each time). The last time we only stayed two days which was about $250.

We obviously loved the place which was why we kept coming back. The staff even remembered us the second time. Rooms were clean and perfect location.
The last time, not so good. Rooms were beyond filthy. So much sand on the floor, bathrooms were filthy, mini fridge was disgusting. We never took our shoes off, slept fully clothed and refused to use the sheets/pillows and really did not want to shower there. Outside hallways were filthy. Glad it was only two days and we spent most of the time on the beach. Staff was different as well.

Sad because this place was great. In the middle of everything, a couple blocks from the beach, affordable, etc. If I rated it 12 years ago it would be all 5's. Needless to say we will not be going back again. :(

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2013

CHARGED MY CARD for 2 extra days,,,thanks to booking .com they are working on getting my money back,when the maid came in to clean only took out garbage and made bed,the owners were never there if you had a problem,major need of up dating,pool was empty,left 4 days into stay,wouldnt give the money back besides charging us for 2 extra days,dirty parking lot,no waher and dryers,only good thing they are close to the board walk

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel staff get an A+ for friendliness. Unfortunately though, this hotel is in sad need of repairs and updating. Moldy bathrooms, paneled walls, tattered dresser, and ripped carpeting were the bad points. The good points? Working air conditioner, hot showers, timely maid service, and proximity to fun places! NO elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor if you don't want to hear the screams so much from the pool area.