“Be Afraid..Be Very Afraid”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Coastal Inn

Coastal Inn
Ranked #17 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
wilmington
“Be Afraid..Be Very Afraid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

I checked online for rates before I went down for the day..the rate online was $95.00 per night..when I arrived it was $199.00 per night plus all those taxes and charges which ended up being $220.00. The toilet was filthy..I stole some potty protectors from a restaurant just so that I could sit on the seat in the bathroom..the room was very hot and even thought the ac thermostat said 60 it was no where near 60 degrees in the room which by the way was a very small closet with a hallway that led down to the bathroom..very small tv with direct tv..the remote was only for the channel changing it did not change the volume..you have to manually push the volume button on the tv up or down to adjust..the worst part of the stay other than the filthy bathroom was the guests staying upstairs above my room..they blasted their hip hop music and jumped up and down on the floor so hard that I thought the ceiling was going to break..they were rude and had no consideration for other guests staying at this motel..the pool was dirty with broken brown glass all over the deck on the side that I picked out..wearing flip flops was very helpful both around the pool and I also wore them to shower because the floor of the shower in my room was disgusting...don't bother staying here...unless you want to be miserable when you get back home from getting ripped off...

Room Tip: How to get the best room at this motel?? Try staying someplace where the rooms are clean and the air...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank susan08_08

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed for one night with my young son - last minute trip to the beach over Memorial Day Weekend, so nothing was available. We threw our things in the room and took off for the evening - mini golf, boardwalk, dinner, etc.

Upon returning late, we were very tired and just wanted to sleep. The A/C was very noise (had to set it on high) but the room never got cooler than 80. We noticed the smell of cigarette smoke and a used ashtray in the room (non-smoking room). There were also exposed wires coming out of the wall, probably where the smoke detector was removed to accommodate the smokers. The door had no security latch or deadbolt - the lock was one that you might see on a bathroom door. The bedding and mattresses were worn and noisy. A little scary, especially for what happened next. Around midnight the noise started - shouting, profanity, breaking glass, doors slamming. This went on until 3am. Tried to call - no answer and quite honestly, my son can sleep through anything. I wasn't about to leave to make a 3 hour drive home. Early the next morning we packed up and left - had to be careful not to step in vomit on the way to check out. I voiced my complaints to the clerk at the desk who apologized but made no offer of compensation.

I did contact my credit card company - who contacted the merchant - who said I was lying and only wanted money back.

I would recommend this motel if you really couldn't care less about your accommodations and just want to party all night - obviously it is condoned there. Otherwise, stay far, far away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family