I am actually still here at the hotel and felt a need to write this review after reading all of the negative ones. Before I got here, I had read some of the reviews and was so nervous that I was thinking about cancelling my reservation but it was too late. Once we got here we absolutely could not see what the bad reviewers were talking about.
We came here for a weeks stay with my 6 year old son, my husband, my grandmother, mother in law, my 15 year old daughter and her friend. My husband and I searched out everything that was written up as a bad review and could not find anything that was written about. We saw the cleaning staff cleaning the hotel rooms every morning, we also saw them cleaning the lobby and vacuuming the elevators. There are a total of 4 elevators 2 for 2-8 floors and 2 for 9 and above floors. The staff was extremely friendly, the room was clean (I brought my cleaning supplies with me just in case), we had no air conditioning in one of the bedrooms so we stopped at the front desk to let them know and maintenance was up here and fixed the problem in 10 minutes.
My son played in the arcade a few times which is actually in a room off of the ice skating rink, not in the lobby. Although, there was a few pinball machines and a few rides for the younger kids in the bistro lobby as I called it. Our condo was on the 9th floor and even though there was a building there we could still see the ocean and beach very clearly.
We have not tried the restaurant downstairs yet but we will go there on Saturday morning before we check out. I must say that both restaurants that we actually did eat at this week were over priced and you didn't get much selection even at the buffet, which is why you stay in and cook your own food.
We never heard any commotion from other guests and we were always back to the hotel no later than 9:30 p.m. The grille outside looks like something from the tropics, the beach access was great also. My son enjoyed himself at the playground, my daughter and her friend also went ice skating and walked across the street to the mall and they even had computer access so she was able to keep in touch with her friends at home without any time limit.
We hope this review helps someone to book a stay here we have enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and have not seen any of the above complaints. I have already recommended this hotel to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums