“Excellent Customer Service”

Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I chose the Carousel hotel because I liked the amenities it offers, and the price was reasonable. I called to request an adjoining door between my two hotel rooms. I was told that the rooms I had chosen (streetside) did not have the option of an adjoining door, but I would be given two rooms beside each other. Upon checkin, I learned that the hotel had upgraded me to oceanview rooms with an adjoining door at no additional cost. It was a wonderful surprise, and we really enjoyed our stay! My children also enjoyed the ice rink and pool. It is a great family environment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigM600
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks for your excellent review! We pride ourselves on the great family environment and all our off season amenities as well. During the off season your family can enjoy the ice rink, oceanfront restaurant and lounge, game room, indoor pool with hot tub and sauna, fitness center and ping pong tables. No matter what time of year, The Carousel offers the Best Value and The Most Fun in Ocean City MD! Thanks again for all your kind words, we look forward to your return visit!

The Carousel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

okayoverall not bad but for the price I thought that the service would be a whole lot better if we decide to stay there again will have to get all the details of the rooms before we book the rooms they did not give me all the information that they should have when booking

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks for your business and we thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on excellent service and a superior guest experience. All the details of our rooms are on the website and available through our reservations center as well. Thanks again for choosing The Carousel, we can't wait to see you again next time!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was my 3rd time visiting this place on Thanksgiving. I keep visiting this place because they are reasonably priced, have all the amenities my 3 children need, Ice skating rink, indoor swimming pool (for my daughters) with ping pong table ( for my son & me), Jacuzzi (for my wife). There are also snack bar, bar, restaurants in the hotel for convenience. We got a good help from reservation manager, her name is DeVana, very nice lady who was willing to help to me with all the questions & requests I had. I always have a good time here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kevin s

Dear repeat guest, thanks for the excellent review! As you mentioned we have excellent rates for the guest experience we provide. No other hotel in Ocean City offers as much as we do and we include most of it in the room price. DeVanna is one of the best managers we have, thank you for the great positive reinforcement! We are excited you had an opportunity to enjoy our Thanksgiving spread and we look forward to having you and your family back again and again. Check out all the great activities we offer during this Holiday season including 2 special live ice shows Dec 30 and 31st. Thanks again for your review, we can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The beach is only steps away with a great Tiki bar and grill on the beach. My kids and 7 year old niece loved the Ice show and the indoor and outdoor pools, The rooms were nice - all with a refrigerator and microwave. We had 2 adjoining rooms, which were very spacious. My sister-in-laws famly and my brother-in-laws family had 2 rooms down the hall. The carousel has a great location on the beach and its walking distance to shopping and eating. We had a great family vacation.

1  Thank Reina S

Dear Carousel guest, thanks for the great review, and thanks for choosing The Carousel for your family vacation! If there is one thing we do best it's family vacations. We make it a point to give your family the vacation it deserves by providing a ton of great free activities including family photo night, movies on the beach holiday events and so much more! We are thrilled you chose us to make your vacation memories and we look forward to having you again year after year.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Perfect spot in Ocean City to stay with young children!! Great value and amenities and location to beach and beach activities is perfect. Walking distance to grocery store, bus stop right there, and beach front. We always stay there because there is stuff to do in the hotel if it rains. On year our baby was teething and we were still able to enjoy our trip because we didn't have to leave the hotel.

1  Thank Cortney S

Dear valued guest, thanks for your informative review on our oceanfront hotel! We take pride in our excellent location directly on the beach and within walking distance to many great local attractions. We aim to create a robust guest experience with family activities to enjoy at all times of the day. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest year after year! See you next Summer!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Pretty much centrally located on Coastal Hwy, right on the beach, and close to many shops that cater to vacationers staying longer than a single night, The Carousel Resort Hotel has been a favorite for two generations of my family. The year round ice rink is a big draw and the shows are impressive. The ability to see all that Ocean City has to offer as we drive south to the Boardwalk is a treat that is enjoyed year after year.

An older hotel, its age is occasionally apparant. My only gripe, however, was the flaky performance of the keycards for the rooms. It's a little tough to unwind after a relaxing time at the beach or on the town, when getting into the room that I paid for is an ordeal in and of itself. By my estimation,the keycard had about a 40% failure rate and the average number of times I had to place it into the lock before it successfully unlocked the door was over a dozen attempts. Not fun when small children and a moody spouse are involved.

We look forward to returning next year. Hoping for great weather and reliable hardware.

1  Thank RicStewart

Dear valued guest, thanks so much for the great review! As you mentioned, our ice rink is open year round and we offer free live ice shows every night in the summer!

We are an older hotel but we take pride in our rich history. We are always working hard to improve and beautify our grounds in every way possible. Just last year we added all new carpet to the atrium area, overhauled the restaurant menu and added outdoor dining, added a larger hot tub to the indoor pool area and upgraded many of the free amenities we offer. We do apologize for the key card issue, we understand it should work the first time every time, unfortunately cell phones have a tendency to weaken the magnetic strip thus creating the issue you experienced.

Thanks again for making your family memories with us, we truly value your business and thank you again for your great review!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We return every year to the Carousel. Our daughter loves the ice rink and ice shows. The ocean front convenience is great. I recommend the seafood buffet . The staff is always friendly and eager to please.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks for all the kind words! We would like to add that last Summers Ice Shows were the best ice shows yet! We have been working hard to improve our guests dinging experience and have been working hard to improve our guest experience as a whole. We can't wait to have you again as our guest in beautiful Ocean City MD.

Carousel Management