We went off of the recommendation of a friend. I was leery due to the reviews on here. My friend stays in the condos. I am not sure if the condos are in better shape than the hotel rooms. We stayed here for one night (was supposed to be two nights but we had to leave early - not due to the facility - but there are no refunds for early leaving). In any event, we got here early and our room was ready. Parking is very tight in the parking lot. People parked very crazy as well. There is a garage to use and it seemed to be a lot less full.
Upon entry to our room the first thing we noticed was that there was formica missing from the edge of the kitchenette area. Minor thing and the rest of the room was ok. The sprinkler piping was along the outside of the wall. There were some marks on the walls. The air conditioning unit was VERY loud - kicking on and off every 10 or so minutes. Our room overlooked a roof and the balcony was not exactly inviting but you could see the ocean. We did not pay for an ocean view. I do have to stress that the room was clean but looked a bit used/old. The close proximity to the beach and the use of a pool was wonderful. My daughters loved the kiddie pool. There are signs saying that there are no lifeguards on duty but there is staff at the gate to have you sign in. We ate poolside - food was ok.
All in all, when looking at a beach hotel - it was clean and did not have a musty smell as many that I've been to at the Jersey shore often do. I am not sure we will go back to this hotel but will be going back to OCMD in the future. I feel that all in all, "chain" hotels are often a bit better. I do not regret our decision to stay here. It was budget friendly and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums