7/29-8/2/13 We are a family of four - with two children ages 18mo and 7yo. It can be difficult to meet the needs of both kids at such different ages. However, the Carousel offered so many options we never had a problem. While the 18mo napped in the afternoon and went to bed early, our 7yo went ice skating, swimming (indoors or outdoors), played on the beach, played in the game room, sat on our balcony and watched a movie or played games (there were two decent upholstered chairs), or got a snack at the bistro. The 7yo got to watch a movie on the beach at the hotel and got to go see fireworks at a nearby park.
Yes, it was expensive. But it was worth more money, with more to do - especially the day we had a lot of rain and thunderstorms (of course less money is always preferred, but it is prime vacation season and it met our demands/needs). The room was decent - far bigger than some of the less expensive places we have stayed. We had fresh towels daily. Our family doesn't require fresh sheets daily - so while another review mentions them not getting them, that was not an issue for us. It's a hotel - it's a room used by thousands of people - and it was in good condition, especially considering how people treat things when they don't belong to them. It was clean, had a kitchen sink, microwave, mini frig and coffee pot. We stayed not-Oceanside, on the 4th floor, overlooking the ice rink. My only real frustration was the wait at the elevators during the busy times of the day... but that also has to do with how rude other guests can be by butting in front of people already standing there waiting.
The restaurant offered a great breakfast buffet - where the kids eat free. Breakfast for the four of us cost $25, which isn't bad at the beach. We ate there several times for breakfast and dinner, the service was slow most times, which could be frustrating... but once you know this, you just have to stay on top of the server to work with you.
We hope to be able to afford to stay here again in coming years. The next time, I will book a room on the other side of the rink, as the elevator seemed less crowded and you don't need to cut through the lobby and main rink/bistro area to get to the beach access. Also, a lower floor (we were on the 4th floor) so we can do the stairs with kids, stroller, and baggage easier.
PS - There is a grocery store behind the hotel within walking distance - get kids snack and sandwich items and load the mini frig - the cost of a hamburger or hot dog will put you over budget... plan ahead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums