I want to start off by saying that some of these reviews are unfair to the Carousel. Our family just returned from an Ocean Front accommodation August 5-9, 2012 and we had NO complaints with the Room or Cleanliness. All the Ocean front view rooms are newly refurbished. Bathroom was very small, but functional. Granite counters in the bathroom and Kitchen. Kitchen, had a mini fridge, microwave, sink and coffee maker. Flat screen TV, Cable and WiFi. It was Very clean, and housekeeping was there everyday. Whatever we asked for we received quickly from housekeeping staff. So saying that, I think when a guest leaves a review they should be specific as to what category they paid for!!! There are rooms that overlook the ice skating rink (that's not my thing, Yuk, tacky !), there are rooms that face the street. These rooms are NOT renovated and therefore are older and are less expensive. There are rooms that are Condominiums and are privately owned! I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think the owner is responsible for the conditions of their Condo! So if it's a Condo you stayed at and not a "hotel' room, reviewers should specify that! I feel strongly that $298 a night for this Ocean view "hotel" room was great considering that there are "dumps" in OC that charge the same. And then there are hotels charging 500 per night for a similar room. I have stayed at the 500 a night hotel and it did have some Pros, but not enough to justify the price difference. Also, many reviewers complain about the long wait to check-in and the slow elevators. First, the section of the building for the Ocean Front hotel rooms, floors 1-4 had NO issues with the Elevators. The slow elevators are on the other side for the Higher floors and the Condos. Check-in had a small line.. it went quickly!
What I liked:
The View in Ocean View Room
The Grounds, beautiful. Loved the palm trees and gardens.
The Pirate Ship. My 3 year old played in it for hours at a time while I sat on a lounge chair overlooking the grass and palm trees.
Beach Access. At first I missed staying on the Boardwalk, but then I didn't miss the "shlep" down to the beach from the Boardwalk hotel... This was great, my older children safely went up and down from the beach to the pool.
The Bar/Grill: Live entertainment daily weather permitting. Great Music playing all day. Fun atmosphere. Burgers and fries were great too!
Staff: Friendly and helpful!
Indoor Pool/Sauna/Spa: Hubby and my teenage girls liked this!
What I didn't like:
The Pool: Small, crowded, water not clear. Pool area is too small. Not enough seating, but you can get a lounge chair below near gardens (loved that spot!) and they need to put a slide or something fun for the kids in the pool area. Maybe make better use out of the area with the baby pool!
Towels: Bring your own beach towels (but they do give you two comp beach chairs!). You can only get towels in pool area and you CAN NOT bring pool towels out, not even down to the lounge chairs by the pirate ship which makes absolutely NO sense!
Ice Skating Rink: now this is a personal thing. Some people would love having an ice skating rink in the lobby of their Hotel... this just wasn't for me! but to each his own!~
The Atrium/Lobby. The railings outside the rooms are way too low, scary with little ones!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums