“Ocean Front”

Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
CROFTON
“Ocean Front”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room wasn't fancy but it was clean. The view was spectacular - sitting on the balcony looking out at the ocean at sunset was simply beautiful. Enjoyed the stay. We'll be returning next year at about the same time. Thanks Howard Johnsons - you made it a good time away from the hustle and bustle of city life!

1 Thank Robert W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
SMITHSBURG
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've rated your establishment & we certainly won't stay there again!! If we were younger we may not mind but I expected more because it was "HOJO's!! Your location was great but the rooms need a major overhaul! Beds were horrible - rooms decorated?? you're kidding! Besides cleaning our lampshades I even did some of the wall stains!! Trust me, I'm not a cleaning freak but I had to do something!

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

WASHINGTON BORO
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I booked non smoking but there were cigarette butts on balcony, and when you tried to sit on balcony to enjoy the sea fresh air there was cigarette smoke on all sides and upper balconies. I was on ground floor ocean front Room # 109. The guests on uppers decided to feed the sea gulls. Bird droppongs everywhere even on my balcony. Once the gulls were lured they stayed and when I would try to sit outside they would sit on balcony ledge and scream. My balcony was trashed with food, ants, cigarette butts, and food wrappers. The room I was in had dead bugs in corner of kitchen next to frig. When I unfolded 2 towels there were long black hairs. When it rained evening of 9/18, rain poured into my room. I couldn't call front desk because my phone was dead (I had used it earlier to get eating utensils). I had to go out into the tornado watch with bucket of rain pouring to report rain coming under door. The resolve was to give me more towels. When I reported my room phone was out there was no service offered. There was food droppings under the beds but no ants. My coffee pot had no cover over the water resevoir and it was filthy! I did not go to management because I did not want to receive any repercussions. On 9/20 I was out of my room 0880 to 1600 and as I was returning to my room a maid was standing next to my door yelling room service. Never had this service so late in the day. Never did I have hot or even warm water for my showers. Ice machine was not working and it took 3 days for my room frig to make ice cubes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

LANHAM
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel was clean an right on the Ocean front which made that a plus.
It was a good walk to get down to the main strip, but they do have the shuttle service
that runs on the boardwalk for a fee, we just preferred to walk for exercise.

1 Thank Karen S
FAIRFAX
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Oceanfront view-excellent! Boardwalk location-super! Cleanliness-not so good. A well used, dated room which seriously needed a deep clean. Our COSTCO discount gave us a great rate, and if it hadn't been so cheap it would have been a big disappointment. The beds were really good, with spotless sheets and four nice pillows. The kitchenette was a nice plus. If HoJo's can really give this room a professional cleaning and update the furnishings it would be super. Overall we were satisfied since we booked just a couple of days in advance of Sunfest weekend and had a great rate.

1 Thank Mary B
Franklin
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was a great stay. Was last minute reservation and we were taken care of it the best way possible. Friendly, courteous employees. Would definitely stay again & would recommend it to others.

1 Thank Alameda Mrs S
VIENNA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Love Oceanfront room on boardwalk. Nice room. Bathroom has no room to put anything down, like toiletries. First floor away from elevator was good. Maid did a nice job supplying towels.

1 Thank Robert R