“So very good....I will return as often as I can.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunes Court

Dunes Court
Ranked #48 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Maryland
“So very good....I will return as often as I can.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

The Dunes Manor Hotel was recommended but by mistake I booked reservations at The Dunes Motel.....there was no disappointment. The room provided two double beds, a convertible sofa that opened to a double bed, a table and chairs, a stove, refrigerator and dishes/tableware. The accomodations are very clean (this is my first concern). The bedding was crisp and attractive. A balcony overlooking the ocean provided sounds of the waves and a beautiful ocean view. The restaurant, pool and other amenities in the Hotel are available for the Motel guests. In the evening we enjoyed the piano player (Shirley) and joined in singing to her tunes; a song book was distributed to those setting in the guest area. Food and service was good. I really cannot express what a pleasant trip we had. Our stay was for two days. Plans for future and longer visits are in progress. This is without a doubt the place to stay in OC.

• Stayed March 2010
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank MAGII

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Clemmons, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed in one of the "suites" which had a bedroom you walked into from the front door, and a murphy bed in a room which had the 1. sofa, 2. kitchenette, 3. table w/ 4 chairs, 4. door to the bathroom and 5. door to the patio which looked out on a sand dune and the beach. We used the first bedroom for our 2yr old son and the larger room for ourselves. It worked well- we could close the door while he slept/napped and we had a tv and kitchenette to ourselves and wouldn't bother him. Additionally, the patio was great for him to play on and we could come and go if he was asleep.
The only real negatives were that we had some problems with the key cards and the room was about as far from the office as you can get, the toilet paper roll holder was missing, and the toilet liked to run every 10min or so and no one fixed it while we were there.
It's not a glamorous place but it's not expensive and being at the end of the boardwalk makes for good access to the beach and tram.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank jengd
Jamestown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

My Hubby and I just got back from a week stay at the Dunes. Our room was great with a little kitchen that had everything we needed so we didn't have to eat out all the time. Our room was clean, the service was wonderful and the Oceanfront view from our 4th floor balcony was breathtaking. THANK YOU ....O.C

4 Thank katididit
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

We were so glad we stayed here!!! I read all kinds of reviews on here and I org wanted to stay at the "Castle in the Sand". But I didn't want to pay some ridiculous price, I think staying in a hotel/motel for anything over $200/night is a waste-period. How much time are you really in your room? When you can be spending your $ on other things =)
We had an Ocean front efficiency on the 5th floor-We didn't go wrong!!! Big enough for a Lg sized family(5-6) or 2 couples. Two Queen sized beds, fold out leather couch, with a sturdy room divider, Lg bathroom...Oh and we didn't hear a peep out of the neighbors(thick insulated walls)
It definitely surpassed our expectations!!! =) Sooo very happy! After I read a previous review of "BUGS" that scared the Heebe Gee-bees out of me, I did not see a ONE!!!
Our room was a smoking room on the 5th floor. I was thinking it was going to smell very dingy or like that stale bar room smell....not at all!!! It smelled very fresh and clean! Didn't notice any smoke smell at all.
The whole room was newly remodeled and everything was well stocked. Pots & pans,cooking utensils, knives, plates, coffee pot, dish rag & towel, silverware, toaster, ice cubes made in freezer,lg frig, large wall sized mirror across from frig to check yourself out before going out the door...they thought of everything!!! It was like home to us, with all the good things you miss being away from and without all the stuff you went away from!!!
And the LOCATION!!! OMG!!! The location couldn't be better!!! Away from the boardwalk masses. Tram station right beside the motel was very convenient. I like the fact that in the morning when you step out onto your balcony and look out you don't have drooves of people staring up at you. All you see is dunes and the sand with the Ocean as the backdrop! Absolutely amazing!
My husband kept saying, "I can't imagine staying anywhere else".
Also I like the fact that the airconditioner was new and we could control the temperature. If you like it ice cold...ice cold is what you get.
Linens on the bed seemed like new as well as the towels. House keeping always did a great job! I owned my own cleaning business and I'm a "clean freak" and with that said, it was a clean freak's dream come true!!! LOL
We would not hestitate to stay here again. Do not walk to the Dunes...Run!!!

P.S. The only thing that we didn't care for was the parking situation. I think they should have # parking stalls for the rooms. We had to park wherever we could in their lot. Not next to our building not far...but coulda been closer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Slickswifey
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Our family of four throughly enjoyed our stay at the Dunes Motel. We had a poolside room. We were very impressed by how clean it was...as my mother described the sheets as crisp. Though the room was not very big it suited us for our two night stay. Next time we might check out one of the oceanfront rooms which were unavailable due to our last minute trip. The Dunes Motel is at a great location-at the end of the boardwalk. Having never stayed right by the boardwalk we had a great experience! The pool was a nice place to cool down after a long day on the beach. Morning walks on the boardwalk were lovely. The Dunes Motel is a great place to stay when looking for a good, clean motel for a reasonable price when visiting Ocean City, Maryland!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank Familyvacationers86
Hagerstown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

I have been traveling to Ocean City since I was in diapers and have stayed in many places, some nice and some not so nice. I've stayed in a lot of hotels up and down the boardwalk as well as some of the higher end hotels like the Princess Royale and the Holiday Inn on the Boardwalk but our family's budget in recent years has put us in a position where we have felt the need to choose smaller and more budget priced hotels and motels. This has often compromised amenities, service, and yes even cleanliness and we have never found a place to return to year after year. Well, our mission was accomplished during our recent stay at the Dunes Motel!

I just recently got married and this was my first trip to Ocean City with my wife. My parents also joined us on this trip for a few days and we were able to find two rooms at the Dunes Motel for a week last minute within our price range. We stayed in the West/Poolside building where the rooms have been recently renovated and they did an excellent job. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have all the basics that you'll need for a week at the beach including a microwave and refrigerator, plenty of storage space, and a small but clean bathroom with plenty of fresh towels. The staff at the Dunes is extremely friendly and polite from the desk staff to the maids.

The location of the Dunes Motel is great as well because it's at the end of the boardwalk where you can catch the trolly and be to where all the action is in minutes, but you're still far enough away that it's in a more quiet neighborhood.

I think that one of the main reasons that the Dunes Motel has a top-notch staff and is so well cared for is that it is basically an extension of the Dunes Manor Hotel which is one of the top hotels in town. We went over to the Victorian Room in the Dunes Manor two mornings for breakfast and were well impressed by the service and the value. We also spent a few evenings in the Zippy Lewis Lounge having drinks and listening to Shirley Toms play the piano. It was a nice touch that we were able to use the Restaurant and Lounge at the Dunes Manor and charge it to our room at the Dunes Motel.

All in all we were extremely impressed with the Dunes Motel and this was one of the first times that we've stayed in a small budget priced motel in Ocean City and not had to clean our room before we use it. When plan to only stay at the Dunes Motel or the Dunes Manor from now on when we visit Ocean City and I strongly recommend the Dunes Motel to other as well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Daniel21384
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

We had a family reunion/ vacation in Ocean City this past June. Because our family had stayed at The Dunes years ago, and we knew they had some efficiencies/ larger rooms, this is where we decided to stay again. It was a great decision! I hadn't been to OC since I was a kid, but I was really impressed with the location- right at the end of the Boardwalk. Close enough to the action, but far enough from the party crowd. There was a place to rent bikes right there at the end of the boardwalk, too- always a fun activity, but get there early!

My husband and I had a regular hotel room in the "poolside" building, and while it was nothing fancy, it certainly was clean and had that vintage beachy vibe. The cleaning staff were there promptly each morning. My parents had secured one of the 2-bedroom apartments (oceanside), which was on the first floor. It even had a small "lawn" and patio, fenced in, which was perfect for the kiddos, giving everyone space to gather and spread out. My parents and grandparents shared that place. The rest of the family had reserved efficiencies or hotel rooms. There were about 20 of us total, including 6 kids, and I think it all worked out great. With the apartment and efficiency kitchens, we could prepare meals and not have to eat out all the time (though we did enjoy that as well).

I feel the prices (we were just coming into high season) were reasonable. We have even been eyeing their off-season prices and wondering if we could make a quick escape this fall! We would definitely stay here again, and hope to make OC an annual destination.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family