Dunes Court
$161
ClarionHotels
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
$180
$162
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
HIExpress.com
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$109
$391
$150
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$219
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$325
All reviewsocean frontroom was cleanquiet endtwo double bedseach morningcoffee potwater pressurethird floornice staysenior weekcleaning staffmotelboardwalkbalconyratesmicrowavesand
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Our family of four throughly enjoyed our stay at the Dunes Motel. We had a poolside room. We were very impressed by how clean it was...as my mother described the sheets as crisp. Though the room was not very big it suited us for our two night stay. Next time we might check out one of the oceanfront rooms which were unavailable due to our last minute trip. The Dunes Motel is at a great location-at the end of the boardwalk. Having never stayed right by the boardwalk we had a great experience! The pool was a nice place to cool down after a long day on the beach. Morning walks on the boardwalk were lovely. The Dunes Motel is a great place to stay when looking for a good, clean motel for a reasonable price when visiting Ocean City, Maryland!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Familyvacationers86
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I have been traveling to Ocean City since I was in diapers and have stayed in many places, some nice and some not so nice. I've stayed in a lot of hotels up and down the boardwalk as well as some of the higher end hotels like the Princess Royale and the Holiday Inn on the Boardwalk but our family's budget in recent years has put us in a position where we have felt the need to choose smaller and more budget priced hotels and motels. This has often compromised amenities, service, and yes even cleanliness and we have never found a place to return to year after year. Well, our mission was accomplished during our recent stay at the Dunes Motel!

I just recently got married and this was my first trip to Ocean City with my wife. My parents also joined us on this trip for a few days and we were able to find two rooms at the Dunes Motel for a week last minute within our price range. We stayed in the West/Poolside building where the rooms have been recently renovated and they did an excellent job. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have all the basics that you'll need for a week at the beach including a microwave and refrigerator, plenty of storage space, and a small but clean bathroom with plenty of fresh towels. The staff at the Dunes is extremely friendly and polite from the desk staff to the maids.

The location of the Dunes Motel is great as well because it's at the end of the boardwalk where you can catch the trolly and be to where all the action is in minutes, but you're still far enough away that it's in a more quiet neighborhood.

I think that one of the main reasons that the Dunes Motel has a top-notch staff and is so well cared for is that it is basically an extension of the Dunes Manor Hotel which is one of the top hotels in town. We went over to the Victorian Room in the Dunes Manor two mornings for breakfast and were well impressed by the service and the value. We also spent a few evenings in the Zippy Lewis Lounge having drinks and listening to Shirley Toms play the piano. It was a nice touch that we were able to use the Restaurant and Lounge at the Dunes Manor and charge it to our room at the Dunes Motel.

All in all we were extremely impressed with the Dunes Motel and this was one of the first times that we've stayed in a small budget priced motel in Ocean City and not had to clean our room before we use it. When plan to only stay at the Dunes Motel or the Dunes Manor from now on when we visit Ocean City and I strongly recommend the Dunes Motel to other as well.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Daniel21384
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We had a family reunion/ vacation in Ocean City this past June. Because our family had stayed at The Dunes years ago, and we knew they had some efficiencies/ larger rooms, this is where we decided to stay again. It was a great decision! I hadn't been to OC since I was a kid, but I was really impressed with the location- right at the end of the Boardwalk. Close enough to the action, but far enough from the party crowd. There was a place to rent bikes right there at the end of the boardwalk, too- always a fun activity, but get there early!

My husband and I had a regular hotel room in the "poolside" building, and while it was nothing fancy, it certainly was clean and had that vintage beachy vibe. The cleaning staff were there promptly each morning. My parents had secured one of the 2-bedroom apartments (oceanside), which was on the first floor. It even had a small "lawn" and patio, fenced in, which was perfect for the kiddos, giving everyone space to gather and spread out. My parents and grandparents shared that place. The rest of the family had reserved efficiencies or hotel rooms. There were about 20 of us total, including 6 kids, and I think it all worked out great. With the apartment and efficiency kitchens, we could prepare meals and not have to eat out all the time (though we did enjoy that as well).

I feel the prices (we were just coming into high season) were reasonable. We have even been eyeing their off-season prices and wondering if we could make a quick escape this fall! We would definitely stay here again, and hope to make OC an annual destination.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Read all the reviews on this Motel and decided to book a room here. I'm glad that we did. We just got back from our summer vacation at Ocean City and had a great time! The Dunes Motel is in a GREAT LOCATION! I wanted to be on the boarwalk and on the beach and this was exactly that. The motel was at the end of the boarwalk which was perfect as this was the quieter end of the boardwalk. The motel is right on the beach, just steps to the ocean and sand.

We had a room with a pool view (which was cheaper in price as we went at peak summer time rates). This was fine for us as we did not plan to spend a lot of time in the room. The Motel is older, but the rooms were clean! The only negative thing that I would have to say about the motel is the bathroom in our room was very small. We only used the pool once because we spent most of our time on the beach. But the pool was clean.

The boardwalk tram stops right at the hotel. We only rode it once as could get quite expensive if you rode it to the other end of boardwalk all the time. It was $3 per person each way.

Overall, if you are looking for a clean place to lay your head at night with no frill and a great location this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank beachgirl1407
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed at the Dunes Motel over the July 4 holiday weekend. We booked into a "2-room patio apartment" in the oceanside building (not the poolside buildings). We loved it!
The room: We had a 2-room patio apartment. I Enter into a bedroom with 2 beds, a dresser and 2 nightstands and an open-closet area/corner easily big enough to store a cooler and suitcases after you've unpacked. Bathroom was roomy, much larger than the baths in the poolside buildings and more updated with larger cabinetry/sinktop area. Living/kitchen area had a pull-out sofa, side table and a table for 4 with a small full-size fridge/freezer and mini range with small sink area. Too small to spend more than 3-4 days and not big enough to actually cook meals and eat - we always eat out.

Patio area: we were first floor so had a nice patio area with overlooked the dunes. If you are not ground level, you had a balcony and a view of the ocean. The patio area is great if you have small kids because they have an outdoor area to play and each unit is INDIVIDUALLY fenced in and gated. We had 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs with blooming day lillies. Just a short walk over the dune area and there was the beach. An easy walk if you want to return to make lunch or use the restroom.

If you need extra room, The Dunes has many different-type rooms, including some 2-bedroom 1st floor units.

Housekeeping: always wonderful. I've stayed here many times and staff is very nice and does a fine job.

Location, location, location: At the end of the boardwalk at 27th Street. Don't underestimate this location as being at the end of all the action. At the end of a long day, it's nice to be away from the action. Just beside The Dunes you can rent your bikes for the boardwalk each morning. The beach isn't as crowded as farther down the boardwalk either.

I highly recommend you DON'T stay at this hotel during the month of June. Or any hotel in Ocean City for that matter. That entire month is considered "senior week" for students graduating from high school. Ocean City itself is completely taken over by high school grads who can't handle their booze or act appropriately. It's not a month to take your kids and your time WILL be ruined. In OC, there's a law that says hotels can not discriminate against renters based on their age and so they must rent to them, however, it's hard to control their behavior.

If you're looking for good mexican food, try Tequila Mockingbird at 130th street in the Montego Bay shopping center. Looks like a dive, but food is great. Also, for crabs I recommend PGN crabhouse on 29th Street and Higgins Crab House on 30th Street. Call ahead though to make sure they actually DO have all-you-can-eat crabs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family